What's new

Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 million to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Re: Federal suit: Judge denies he was a scientology pawn

Lovely quote Mike Deeson got from (retired) Judge Beach in the story above:

Beautiful non-denial denial! I don't think anyone says Beach talked to Scientologists directly.

We British are playing our part in this. I think most of the dirty money being used came through the UK. The UK is the money laundering capital of the world. Plus they get other tax breaks worth millions of dollars in the UK. The "Church" made 100 million dollars vanish off the books by channeling it through the UK and they have been free to use that hidden money for dirty purposes ever since. They know that the authorities in the UK will never challenge them. Most of the suffering this cult inflicts on their victims is because of the UK.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/opinions/rashleighberry19971213.html

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors
Marty's observation: http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/judge-denies-he-was-a-scientology-pawn/

Judge Denies He Was A Scientology Pawn

Posted on November 19, 2012 by martyrathbun09 | 3 Comments

Reference: Scientology Inc’s Quest to Buy Injustice

Check out Judge Beach denying something that he was never accused of:

News cast of Judge Beach skirting the issue

He claims “I’ve never had any conversations with Scientologists outside of the courtroom.” Nobody ever said he did to my knowledge. I testified that Lee Fugate was paid millions to meet quite regularly with Beach ex parte, outside the court room, to steer him toward courses of action to David Miscavige’s benefit. Lee Fugate never was a Scientologist. It sounds as if Beach is still taking tips from his Scientology Inc handlers.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace

I want American citizens to know that most, if not all, of the dirty money behind this was laundered through the UK and that the UK authorities were aware of it but chose to do nothing. $100M was channeled into the UK and disappeared off the books in the 1980's.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/opinions/rashleighberry19971213.html

Since then the cult had $100M hidden away to to use for these vile purposes. Most of the suffering this cult inflicts on its victims are due to the laxity of the British authorities. They must know that money laundered by a cult like this is going to end up hurting or killing people but the British authorities choose to do nothing.

Veda

Sponsor

Lovely quote Mike Deeson got from (retired) Judge Beach in the story above:

Beautiful non-denial denial! I don't think anyone says Beach talked to Scientologists directly.

Judge Beach is trying to weasel-word his way out of this sticky spider web. It's extremely important that this investigation continue.

And if it does continue, Marty may have a difficult time containing the damage, so as to pursue his (self described) "mission" of ending the era of LRH besmirching. With a little bit of luck, this will keep going, and not only expose the current $cientology-induced corruption in Florida, but the pattern of Scientology-induced corruption going back into the 1970s in Florida, and going back to the 1950s at other locations. This is not an anomaly or an oddity; it's standard Scientology, per its founder's instructions, called "scriptures" by the Scientologists.

Some background.

From 1980, concerning the 1970s...

Mike Wallace, on CBS' '60 Minutes':

"The Clearwater conspiracy is a story of a typical campaign launched by the Scientologists back in the middle 70s. Much of what you hear is still under investigation by a federal grand jury in Florida. It demonstrates graphically the tactics used by Church officials...

"Clearwater, in effect, was a microcosm of the type of operations undertaken by the Church of Scientology..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Qa6WIedQ0&feature=related

And, from the year 2000, concerning the mid 1970s in Florida, and beyond.

Mark Bunker:

"Twenty five years ago, L. Ron Hubbard set in motion a plan called project Normandy, a covert operation designed for the complete take-over of Clearwater..."

Former Clearwater mayor Gabe Cazares:

"It said 'Move into Clearwater. Find out who your friends are, develop them. Find out who your enemies are, destroy them, and infiltrate every organization you can'..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8eTe_Ank8

Random guy

Patron with Honors

Judge [Beech] denies he was a Scientology pawn

Channel 10 Tampa Bay News 7:17PM Nov 19

[video]http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/283152/250/Judge-denies-he-was-a-Scientology-pawn[/video]

He's kind of looking away and not really answering the question, isn't he? I hope the shit hit the proverbial fan when he is still alive and able to see his reputation dragged through the mud.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Rathbun Federal Suit regarding Lisa McPherson #30 million cover-up

Yes you are right, Karin Spaink did very well.

Oh they say that about everyone, however, extortion is the societal province of the sociopath, unless you feel something about terrible acts, you will not show up on an E-meter OR LieDetector as used by Governments
that is how sociopaths always get to the top.

In my 1861 websters dictionary, one of the definitions for "apocalypse" that seems to have been forgotten is,

When all secrets are revealed
Arnie, I'm sorry, but you know we have to take what you say with a grain of salt given that you are (or were) a COPYRIGHT TERRORIST!!!$$#@

(Seriously, the funniest use of "terrorist" ever.)

<3

idrizomare

Patron with Honors

As usual, the SP Times delivers the best coverage. They got some good perspective from Jeff Goodis that, if true, deflects a number of the claims that Marty makes. Specifically, that the Super Bowl tickets and the cufflinks came a year or more after, not before Joan Wood changed the cause of death. And that he sought Super Bowl tickets from Scientology and paid full price for them.

He does say that Scientology dumped "reams of scientific data" on him that he turned over to Wood. I would certainly like to know more detail than that. Specifically, was Wood threatened with lawsuits if she didn't change the cause of death? And did Wood receive a release of liability from Scientology as Marty claims?

(Editing to add this) It strikes me as odd that Joan Wood would be vulnerable to liability for listing the cause of death as unknown, although that might not stop a vexatious litigant.

There's no question about when the Super Bowl happened, so that's settled. I can certainly believe the cufflinks were an awkward, unwanted, and ill-advised gift that Miscavige sent him later.

Goofs like this that Marty makes undermine his credibility. He says confidently that there was a program to turn Wood around, which could very well be true. Then he bolsters his statement with descriptions of attempts to influence Goodis that fail the basic test of causality.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Goofs like this that Marty makes undermine his credibility. He says confidently that there was a program to turn Wood around, which could very well be true. Then he bolsters his statement with descriptions of attempts to influence Goodis that fail the basic test of causality.

From the SP Times article:

Goodis said "it's preposterous'' to allege he took favors in exchange for influencing Wood. "The idea I made an effort to influence Dr. Wood because of gifts is just untrue,'' he added.

Knowing the track record of the CoS I definitely believe that there was a program to turn Wood around. I believed that prior to any comments Marty made on that subject.

Also, I wouldn't just accept these types of assurances from Goodis, Judge Beach, and the other players at face value either. :no:

If there was in fact corruption I don't expect for these people to come right out and confess their sins, and acknowledge that Marty was speaking the truth.

idrizomare

Patron with Honors
Knowing the track record of the CoS I definitely believe that there was a program to turn Wood around. I believed that prior to any comments Marty made on that subject.

Also, I wouldn't just accept these types of assurances from Goodis, Judge Beach, and the other players at face value either. :no:

If there was in fact corruption I don't expect for these people to come right out and confess their sins, and acknowledge that Marty was speaking the truth.
I agree that Goodis, Beach, et al are highly motivated to deceive if they're in the wrong. My issue is with Marty's stating that Goodis was influenced by things that clearly happened far after Wood changed cause of death.

Marty may well be right in the big picture, but getting the details wrong provides an easy defense.

The details really matter. Didn't many assume Scientology had gotten to her when Wood changed cause of death back then? It's one thing to think it happened, but quite another to be able to prove it.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It's one thing to think it happened, but quite another to be able to prove it.

And when one of the key players (Wood) is no longer with us to answer questions about past events that makes it more difficult to get at the truth. Goodis can tell us what he gave to Wood back then and the conversations he had with her about some critical aspects of this case, and maybe he's speaking the truth. But I'd be a lot more comfortable about accepting it all if Wood were around to confirm it all. Or not. Something tells me that the CoS is relieved that she's long gone.

Jquepublic

From the SP Times article:

I have lots of questions. Like: why did Miscavige feel compelled to shower gifts on this man after the fact? What on earth made Fugate think of calling CoS for superbowl tickets? How does he explain having a relationship with CoS that would open the door to something like that?

What favor was being repaid?

Beech gave a really good no-answer. Nobody said he was talking to Scientologists out of the courtroom. Fugate was a hired lackey, not a Scientologist.

Sindy

Crusader
I agree that Goodis, Beach, et al are highly motivated to deceive if they're in the wrong. My issue is with Marty's stating that Goodis was influenced by things that clearly happened far after Wood changed cause of death.

Marty may well be right in the big picture, but getting the details wrong provides an easy defense.

The details really matter. Didn't many assume Scientology had gotten to her when Wood changed cause of death back then? It's one thing to think it happened, but quite another to be able to prove it.

It begs the question:

Is it possible to be completely drenched in the delusion of Scientology indoctrination while also having perfect recall of these events? Maybe the brain can compartmentalize that way and maybe honesty and accuracy are not contingent upon sanity.

I would like to believe that his recall is unsullied and un-muddled. I suspect that may not always be the case.

Jquepublic

It begs the question:

Is it possible to be completely drenched in the delusion of Scientology indoctrination while also having perfect recall of these events? Maybe the brain can compartmentalize that way and maybe honesty and accuracy are not contingent upon sanity.

I would like to believe that his recall is unsullied and un-muddled. I suspect that may not always be the case.

I feel like I harp on this, but the obsession with spotting the exact time, place, form and event that much of Scientology hinges on/requires is a one way ticket to fucked up recall IMO.

Sindy

Crusader
I feel like I harp on this, but the obsession with spotting the exact time, place, form and event that much of Scientology hinges on/requires is a one way ticket to fucked up recall IMO.

Please expound as I have missed the harping all together.

I have lots of questions. Like: why did Miscavige feel compelled to shower gifts on this man after the fact? What on earth made Fugate think of calling CoS for superbowl tickets? How does he explain having a relationship with CoS that would open the door to something like that?

What favor was being repaid?

Beech gave a really good no-answer. Nobody said he was talking to Scientologists out of the courtroom. Fugate was a hired lackey, not a Scientologist.

And not just cufflinks...but scientology-symbol-cufflinks. A small detail, I know, but to me, interesting.