What's new

Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 million to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

I have lots of questions. Like: why did Miscavige feel compelled to shower gifts on this man after the fact? What on earth made Fugate think of calling CoS for superbowl tickets? How does he explain having a relationship with CoS that would open the door to something like that?
A) when you divide up the loot, you always wait till the heat dies down - you must not watch a lot of crime tv and movies B) What makes you think that was his first set of tickets? C) It's like when they tossed the lawyer off the life boat and the sharks didn't eat him - professional courtesy.

Mimsey

idrizomare

Patron with Honors
It begs the question:

Is it possible to be completely drenched in the delusion of Scientology indoctrination while also having perfect recall of these events? Maybe the brain can compartmentalize that way and maybe honesty and accuracy are not contingent upon sanity.

I would like to believe that his recall is unsullied and un-muddled. I suspect that may not always be the case.

Hi Sindy!

Sure, anyone can have imperfect recall. With respect to Jeff Goodis and Joan Wood, I think Marty's sworn statement is toothless due to the timing. Perhaps the allegations regarding Fugate and Beach will hold up.

For others who think Goodis was paid off when no one would notice, the claim is that he got Superbowl tickets that he paid full value for and some cufflinks with the Scientology symbol on it them. The cufflinks would be useless, since Goodis wouldn't want to look like their pawn.

It is telling that he thought to contact Scientology for tickets. Either Scientology's attempt to cozy up to Goodis succeeded or there was a more insidious relationship that Goodis traded on. If Scientology corrupted Goodis, I expect he was paid more than Marty described.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Miscavige added as a defendant in Dandar's law suit

This is getting interesting now.

From Tony O's blog: https://ortegaunderground.wordpress...-as-defendant-in-ken-dandars-federal-lawsuit/

Florida attorney Ken Dandar has added David Miscavige as a defendant in his federal lawsuit, a case that has already resulted in stunning new allegations that the Church of Scientology spent millions to cover up the 1995 death of church member Lisa McPherson.

[snip]

Dandar was unable to stop that hearing with his federal lawsuit, which he filed on October 31. But now he’s filed an amended complaint in that suit, added Miscavige as a defendant, and put in more detail about what he claims was a conspiracy between Scientology and Florida state Judge Robert Beach to violate his civil rights. We have obtained a copy of that amended complaint, which we have posted below

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Re: Miscavige added as a defendant in Dandar's law suit

Wow, fascinating stuff. I'm starting to get my head around it all!

Judge Beach campaigned to become the presiding judge in the McPherson civil case…Scientology’s counsel, after meeting many times with Judge Beach ex parte to gather sympathy for Scientology in the wrongful death case, defamed Dandar in his business reputation and goodwill, and convinced Judge Beach to contrive a defective and illegal procedure, not sanctioned by Florida law, to make the McPherson case go away by simply removing Dandar as counsel for the Estate in the wrongful death case…Acting under orders from Miscavige and in furtherance of the conspiracy, Pope and his co-counsel, Sandy Rosen, then stood before Judge Beach at a hearing informing Judge Beach in open court that the McPherson case would never settle if Dandar remained counsel for the Estate. Acting on cue, Judge Beach agreed that Dandar was an obstacle to settlement, something Dandar had never heard in his entire career which began in 1979

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh happy days.:biggrin:

Slappy should be chewing on His rugs quite nicely with this announcement.:roflmao:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hip Hip Hooray!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Bring that dwarf down to his knees!:yes:

Sindy

Crusader

The end of the Miscavige Calendar.

mayan_calendar.gif

RogerB

Crusader

Wow! That's quite a complaint and listing of particulars to be leveled against those who acted earlier in the case (on behalf of the Cof$).

I can't see this shit being swept under the rug! I can only see the foot-bullets the Cof$ earlier fired blowing their legs and balls OFF!

It's amazing that their silly little corrupt minds think they can get away with such behavior . . . .

RogerB

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron

Great timing. Hopefully this will be in the news at the same time as Jenna Miscavige Hill's autobiography about escaping from Scientology, "Beyond Belief" hits the stores and talk shows in a couple of months.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

Ah, to see that sorry little bastard in the witness box being questioned under oath !

He is going to perjure himself plumb to jail !

Delightful !

PTS

Elliott

Ah, to see that sorry little bastard in the witness box being questioned under oath !

Delightful !

When I read of this news my first question was whether he can be compelled to testify or not. If there is a legal eagle amongst us please fill in the blanks please.

It would be oh so satisfying to see DM under oath in a court of law, but will it happen?

Kerry

Patron with Honors

Great news! Props to all involved in bringing this about, what a feat!

My worry is Miscavige will head for the "high seas" like his mentor did, then seek political asylum somewhere or get his own Bluebird and take the fugitive route. I can't see him having the guts to go on the stand...

Beach on the other hand, I remember thinking at the time that his ruling against Dandar was totally wrong. One way or another this case will be very very interesting.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

Delightful !

DM never lies, he always tells the truth ... the Scientological truth. In Scientology, truth is defined as whatever story forwards the cause of the Cof$/COB. Truth, by definition, must therefore never be entheta. Of course, the WOG world cannot always handle Scientological truth since it may require them to skip a few gradients, and, of course, they always have overts anyways. Sometimes, the best form of communication may be in the form of a dance step, and fortunately, Scientology has just such a dance. It is called the Bulgravian Boogie. I even did some lyrics on that topic awhile back:

When DM Runs Away
(tune of Hernando’s Hideaway)

He’ll seek, a dark, secluded place,
A place, where no one knows his face,
As he slinks off, in big disgrace,
We’ll see … when DM runs away … OLÉ!

He’ll run, from every silhouette,
As law enforcement casts a net,
They know, their man, they always get,
But not … when DM runs away … OLÉ!

With his golden parachute there’s places even he could troll,
He can dodge his Uncle Sam and hide out from Interpol!
But if he goes to the spot that I am sure he will,
He will stay free … and have money,
And scotch to swill!

He’ll go, where Mengele laid low,
The hideout of NAZI Doctor Joe,
The same place where the Bush’s go,
That’s right, he’ll run to Paraguay … OLÉ!

He’ll go, where Mengele laid low,
The hideout of NAZI Doctor Joe,
The same place where the Bush’s go,
That’s right, he’ll run to Paraguay … OLÉ!

And for those not familiar with the original tune/lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLuwyTzAQH8

Pete

idrizomare

Patron with Honors

I wonder how many times David Miscavige has been listed as a defendant in lawsuits. A quick search around the net found depositions that Miscavige has given for the Corydon, Wollersheim, and Fishman cases. The most recent one I found was 1994. There must be something more recent.

I assume he's been named in other lawsuits, but he appears to stay out of court.

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
https://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/

....latest

Florida Court Hears Scientology Testimony in Strict Secrecy

After a long day of testimony in a Clearwater, Florida courtroom, Ken Dandar tells us retired Judge Crockett Farnell has scheduled written closing arguments in his secret trial to be submitted by December 27...

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From the link above.

Today’s proceedings, which involved Scientology submitting evidence to bolster its claim that it deserves to be awarded more than $1.1 million in sanctions against Dandar, were closed to the public and press, and Scientology even requested that windows in the court doors be covered to prevent anyone from seeing inside (see photo above).

How effing bizarre. Just makes you shake your head in disbelief doesn't it?

Thankyou Tony O for keeping the news coming.