What's new

Fifty years later and post-Scientology, 60’s band People! aims for a comeback

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Fifty years later and post-Scientology, 60’s band People! aims for a comeback

[Back in the day, Geoff Levin (right) and People! hang with Paul McCartney at Capitol Records in 1968]

For Geoff Levin, the final thing holding him back came tumbling down a few weeks ago: His daughter, Savannah, 21, informed him that she no longer wanted to be a part of his life.

Last July, [...]

[Back in the day, Geoff Levin (right) and[.......]

Continue reading...

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
That's the band in THIS picture, by the way (reprinted in Tony's article). I was on staff with the woman standing 2 to Yvonne's left, a few years later.

PeopleSO.jpg

Last edited:

FoTi

Crusader
Can't wait to hear what Geoff Levin's band produced....or is planning on producing.......:woohoo:

Last edited:

triumph

Cross Rhythms

Power to the People
60s rock band People! make a surprise return to the scene
CALIFORNIAN mainstream band People!, who had a top 20 US hit in 1968 with "I Love You", have reformed for a come-back concert in San Jose on 5th June and launched a campaign to fund a new album. Read a press release, "The summer of love wasn't full of love for People! The two founding brothers became zealots and fired singer Larry Norman per the Scientology policy of disconnection. This destroyed the group and cut short their hit. In 2017, Geoff, the original head of the group, decided he wanted to make amends to the band members. He asked Robbie, John, Gene and Denny to record a new album. They said yes and the healing began. A real do over! With no Scientology."

http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/articles/news/Power_To_The_People/62679/p1/

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

That's pretty awesome news that Geoff blew from ye olde culte!

CONGRATULATIONS GEOFF!! Very happy to hear you escaped, brother!

It reminds me how fragile the cult's ecosystem is, hanging on just a very few celebrities. Imagine, if you will, that tomorrow there is a press conference called by Tom Cruise, John Travolta & Kirstie Alley and maybe a few lesser knowns---to announce publicly that Scientology is an avaricious and cruel hoax that defrauds, terrorizes and destroys lives.

And they would announce a new website (now online) where they blew the whistle on all those dirty little dark secrets they knew about the cult's lies, its crimes and it's sociopathic leaders.

That would pretty much be the end of the cult's last remaining patina of decency.

So many celebrities before have paved the way for them to do this, proving that life without the cult's obsessive control and destructive demands is infinitely better. People like Leah Remini, Nicole Kidman, Lisa Marie Presley, Katie Holmes, Jason Beghe and others.

It's fun to daydream about seeing the rest of Hubbard's/MIscavige's WALL OF FIRE LIES come tumbling down. The only thing preventing it is the stubbornly and arrogantly blind little minds of the cult's dwindling little list of enablers.

Hey, these planet clearing cult celebrities don't even have to blow to speed the cult's collapse---they can alternatively go on a DANNY MASTERSON routing form where police, investigators, prosecutors and courts help them "go public" and get their "overts and withholds" off.

freethinker

Sponsor
PeopleSO.jpg

Scientology just loves taking pictures of smiling people. They take pictures of the acceptable while carrying on full speed with the unacceptable. Isn't PR great?

pineapple

freethinker said:
Scientology just loves taking pictures of smiling people. They take pictures of the acceptable while carrying on full speed with the unacceptable. Isn't PR great?

Yeah. Although if I'd seen those uniforms when I got in I think I'd have run the other way.

Grif

Hello folks. I had to google the answers to the sign-up quiz. Sorry about that! I did attend a scientology meeting once upon a time. I was a minor, and fortunately my dad would have none of it.

Geoff was my first guitar teacher! I idolized him, and that in part influenced me to attend the meeting. I'm happy to see he finally broke free!

JustSheila

Crusader
Hello folks. I had to google the answers to the sign-up quiz. Sorry about that! I did attend a scientology meeting once upon a time. I was a minor, and fortunately my dad would have none of it.

Geoff was my first guitar teacher! I idolized him, and that in part influenced me to attend the meeting. I'm happy to see he finally broke free!
Welcome, Grif! :welcome2:

There are lots of members here who aren't ex-scientologists, but are against the cult abuse of Scientology.

Besides, it's important to us that members know how to Google things and find out facts so we don't have to keep doing it for them. :coolwink: :D

Welcome aboard! Have fun.