What's new

Filed 3/13/14: Federal Complaint in Estrada v. Narconon Fresh Start

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Estrada v. Narconon Fresh Start -- Answer Filed June 30, 2014

Fresh from today's The Underground Bunker... (link to read entire article here: http://tonyortega.org/2014/07/03/german-media-scientology-is-essentially-dead-in-berlin/ ) ...attorneys for Narconon's A Fresh Start filed their Answer to the Estrada Complaint on June 30, 2014.

Excerpt:

Also, we mentioned the other day that Narconon appeared to be late answering one of the lawsuits, Estrada. Well, they have answered, and we don’t know if they’ll be penalized for their tardiness.

Just finished reading the Answer and, given the blanket denials & claims of ignorance, I suspect Ryan Hamilton will soon file a Motion letting the Court know exactly how deficient the Answer is and what he thinks the Court should do to rectify the situation.

Paragraph #45 is my personal fave -- I'm not sure if it's intended to be funny, but I sure did laugh.

"Answering paragraph 45 of the plaintiff's complaint, Fresh Start admits that it denies that the program is intended to be the first step to converting people to Scientology. <snip>"

"admits that it denies" simply cracks me up. It sounds so Karin Pouw-esque.

Paragraph 18 is... interesting.

"Answering paragraph 18 of the plaintiff's complaint, Fresh Start admits that the website at the time described a 76% success rate. <snip>"

Paragraph 9 appears to have been lifted straight out of the Co$ playbook chapter entitled, "Nope, We Don't Know Whomever It Is You Think We Know".

"Answering paragraph 9 of the plaintiff's complaint, Fresh Start lacks sufficient knowledge or information as to where ABLE may be served with process or whether ABLE conducts business in California with Narconon International, and on that basis denies the allegations. <snip>"

In the days & weeks ahead, Answers are coming due in the 14 other Federal cases, so it will be interesting to see how they compare to this one.

JB