What's new

Finally getting some Ink!

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
I hope all Scientologists get a chance to experience fun again, when they become non Scientologists.

I hope so too FTS, i really do:)

Goldenrod

Patron with Honors
Hard to believe G. Renna is being the spokesman for the group, I always thought of him as a mere spoke in the wheel . . . not a very causative chap.

Neo

The most important single thing I can say about the last 3 months of 'Anon' participation in exposing and opposing Scientology is how overwhelmingly surprised I am at how well they've done it. The 'lulz' are still there, but, they always were. The possibility of enthusiastic 'newbies' jumping in and, with the best of intentions, giving the 'Church' an opportunity to exploit mistakes was always there, but, these newbs have danced around the land-mines like they were born to it.

I'm impressed. It was also to be expected that the polygamous marriage of 'flashmob', meme and social activism would run its course and die on the plastic rocks of a pop-cultural attention span.

Instead, it's deepened to real compassion and comprehension and insightful activism.

I've stopped worrying about the younger generation (somewhat :))

Zinj

And to the degree that you are impressed, the execs of Co$ are worried. And that makes me impressed even more. And when you add the ongoing lulz, it just gets better :D

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
The "Game Over" protest for May 10th is already growing on enturbulation.org.

Will you be there?

Anons are out there for us, they need our help. This window of opportunity may close, will you help?

OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE on the scene

Being out 35 years the memory fades, but this really sounds like something the fat guy with the red hair said one time. Well more than once. He couldn't say anything once, brainwashing you know.

"They're like the barking dog at the wheels of a fire engine going to a fire," said Bob Johnson, 56, a Scientologist visiting from California."

Pet lovers and Scientology critics converge on Clearwater

By Jonathan Abel, Times Staff Writer
Published Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:24 PM
Members of the group Anonymous line Cleveland Street in Clearwater on Saturday in a protest of the Church of Scientology.

[JOSEPH GARNETT JR. | Times]
Story Tools
Email this story E-mail this story Contact the editor
Print this story Comment on this story
Social Bookmarking [+]
Digg this story! Digg Add this story to Facebook Facebook Submit this story to Stumbleupon Stumbleupon
Submit this story to Reddit Reddit Submit this story to Del.icio.us Del.icio.us Submit this story to Newsvine Newsvine
ADVERTISEMENT
Top Local Video

CLEARWATER — Clearwater's petite downtown district was primed for the perfect storm on Saturday.

On one end of downtown, 135 masked members of the group Anonymous began gathering at about 10 a.m. to protest the Church of Scientology.

Just a few blocks away, animal lovers brought their dogs for Clearwater's annual pet fair, which was unrelated to the church.

The dark-suited, boisterous protestors might have disrupted the owner-pet look-a-like contest and other festivities, but the two groups stayed apart. And Saturday's daylong protest — about half the size of the two preceding ones — ended with no arrests.

Anonymous, a loosely organized group that formed on the Internet, used the demonstration to target what it calls the church's "cruel and inhumane" policy. The group says that Scientology requires church members to disconnect from friends and relatives who have left the fold.

The group rented out the Royalty Theatre downtown and two former Scientologists — Mike Henderson and Creed Pearson — spoke about the pain they suffered from not being allowed to contact relatives still in the church.

"I can't speak to my brother or my four sisters," Henderson said in a tearful speech. "I have attempted to speak to my son and my daughter and my mother, to no avail."

After the presentation, Anonymous members, whom the church has likened to terrorists and Ku Klux Klansmen, retired to Coachman Park for pizza and cake.

The group made three circuits of downtown, shouting slogans and drawing honks from passing cars.

Scientologists sitting in front of Starbucks said they didn't care for the protesters.

"It's a group that just spews hate. Who has time for it?" said Dwight Matheny.

"They're like the barking dog at the wheels of a fire engine going to a fire," said Bob Johnson, 56, a Scientologist visiting from California.

Church spokeswoman Pat Harney said Henderson and Pearson, not the church, are to blame for their broken family relationships.

"If they want to take responsibility for past wrongs and repair their relations with their families," she said, "the church would be more than happy to help."

The protest wrapped up just before 5 p.m. The group plans to return to Clearwater next month.

Jonathan Abel can be reached at [email protected] or (727)

445-4157.

[Last modified Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:34 PM]

Mike Henderson (that be me) says to Pat Harney, ( I like Pat by the way) Hey Pat, is your husband Mike out of the RPF yet? and Pat, just how are you going to help me out when I have no slightest inclination to do A-E, give you even one cent, or grant your cult any beingness at all? The Scientology religion is hanging by it's fingernails. Why would I want to contribute to its demonic hypnotic stage magician voodoo? I just want my family out of there before you all drink the kool-aid! OHTEEATE a.k.a. Mike Henderson ( is that clear enough for you, Pat?)

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Mike Henderson (that be me) says to Pat Harney, ( I like Pat by the way) Hey Pat, is your husband Mike out of the RPF yet? and Pat, just how are you going to help me out when I have no slightest inclination to do A-E, give you even one cent, or grant your cult any beingness at all? The Scientology religion is hanging by it's fingernails. Why would I want to contribute to its demonic hypnotic stage magician voodoo? I just want my family out of there before you all drink the kool-aid! OHTEEATE a.k.a. Mike Henderson ( is that clear enough for you, Pat?)

" Church spokeswoman Pat Harney said Henderson and Pearson, not the church, are to blame for their broken family relationships.

"If they want to take responsibility for past wrongs and repair their relations with their families," she said, "the church would be more than happy to help."

Henderson and Pearson never created the Church of Scientology's policies of enforced disconnection. So I don't understand how they are to blame for their broken family relationships.

Is it my all overts and out-ethics situations, and the engramic content of my reactive mind, which makes me think that this statement from Pat Harney is completely idiotic?

Is it my lowly position on the tone scale?

How long do you think they can keep this type of thing going?

How long before these lies, and these snotty and deeply offensive make-wrongs, totally bring them down?

byte301

Crusader
A whole generation who won't get sucked into the cult! How fantastic is that!!!:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

They are absolutely wonderful to talk to. I don't get a lot of the stuff they say on Enturbulation.org, but in real life they make me realise what a fantastic bunch they are.

They are there for the laughs but also so dedicated to helping us and our friends inside the CofS. I am humbled to see such tenderness and caring in them. They roared in the rain and hail, they roared your pain and your hopes.

The Fair Game picket on May 10th is already being created. They will be there for you and me, will you also be there?

I will be there with bells on...or at least a mask! :happydance:

Neo

Is it my all overts and out-ethics situations, and the engramic content of my reactive mind, which makes me think that this statement from Pat Harney is completely idiotic?

Is it my lowly position on the tone scale?

How long do you think they can keep this type of thing going?

How long before these lies, and these snotty and deeply offensive make-wrongs, totally bring them down?

No, Alanzo, it probably has more to do with the fact that it is completely idiotic.

As for how long can they keep it going? How long is a piece of string?

Except this piece of string is starting to fray at the edges. A lot.