What's new

Finally im free

SillyMe

Patron
Wow, I stumbled across this site about an hour ago, and its like a weight lifted off my shoulders.
I'm not alone. I left Scientology. And I'm rebuilding my life.
I was 14 when I joined staff at a Class V org in South Africa. At the time the ED was just declared an SP.
I remember feeling sad for her. She seemed nice.
In any case, by then I had done my Student Hat, HDA, the basic Div 6 courses. And just got through doing the staff statuses.
I was on the TTC programme.
However I was 14yrs old! My family had moved back to our home town (3hours away)
I was on staff full time. Yet had to pay rent, eat, survive. And then go to the org and study full time.
My dad was worried sick, yet each time the org convinced him, I'd be taken care of.
I never went home on wknds. And rarely saw my family. In a way I downplayed what I was going thru, to my dad.
But with rarely getting paid. I had to find another place to stay. Rarely ate. I was in and out of ethics.
Each time the ethics officer accused me of displaying SP traits.
I didn't want to expand our org. I didn't want to save people. Yet I was 14! Hadn't had a home cooked meal in a year! I was at that place for 2.5 years.
and of coure they got me to re-sign my contract. Yet I had convinced myself I'd see the first contract out so that I didn't end up with a freeloader bill.
Eventually at 16. After sleeping in the library for 2 days. I just walked out.
And I didn't look back.
I called my dad and told him I was coming home.

Today, 10 years later, I have my own business. Have a beautiful daughter. And thankful that I found the strength to leave.
I've not given all the details. But even just telling you this. Is lifting an awful weight

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
:welcome: Life starts anew when you walk out of the doors that keep Scientologists excluded from true freedom.

ESMB is a great place to find upon leaving SCN.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome, SillyMe!

Glad you made it out. Glad your life is going so well for you.

Last edited:

SillyMe

Patron
Thank you.
I've been reading some of the posts on here. And its heart breaking.
Funny tho, I just had an argument with my dad abt the org. My dad got back on lines about a year ago.
My little sister now doing her first course.
People join staff with the desire to help. We end up being treated like scum that have the worst evil intentions.
Weirrd huh.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: SillyMe

I'm so glad you found this place. I remember that sense of relief when I stumbled across ESMB about 10 years after getting out. Keep posting and reading, it's the best therapy out there!

I'm so glad that you are building a life, and I hope that you can stay connected to your dad and sis.

:) Good to have you here,
-TL

AnonSunshine

Patron with Honors
Welcome to the board :welcome: SillyMe: :handshake:
Great that you realized that you would not live well there. :iagree:
I am really happy that you sensed the scam, and left for good.
You were very smart, and now you have a nice business, family, and every thing else. :happydance:
:congratulations: :winner: :grouphug:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome SillyMe!!

You had a very unique experience by being in Scientology. You servered 2 and 1/2 years on staff. In that short time you quickly realized that something was off and you left!

You're a hell of a lot smarter and aware than some of us, like myself, who took 27 years to spot what you spotted in a relatively short time.

Thank you for sharing your story and I hope to hear more!

TP

Wisened One

Crusader
WOW, SillyMe! Quite a story, there! And you were 14 yrs old too?! :ohmy:

I'm also impressed that you had the courage to just up and walk out like that and made a great life for yourself! :yes: :thumbsup:

Isn't that crazy bein' Fulltime Staff AND trying to pay Rent, food, clothes, etc? I had to do that too (also was Staff but at a different Org and in the USA).

:welcome2: to ESMB and look forward to hearing more! :drama:

FoTi

Crusader
Welcome Silly Me. Glad you've joined us here on ESMB. Hope you'll post more of your story and join in on some of the fun here. We love stories. We joke around quite a bit, but there's a lot of good info here....lots to learn about.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you.
I've been reading some of the posts on here. And its heart breaking.
Funny tho, I just had an argument with my dad abt the org. My dad got back on lines about a year ago.
My little sister now doing her first course.
People join staff with the desire to help. We end up being treated like scum that have the worst evil intentions.
Weirrd huh.

That's the CofS for you. They expect 150% loyalty from their public and their staff. Yet they give the person nothing in return.

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
That's the CofS for you. They expect 150% loyalty from their public and their staff. Yet they give the person nothing in return.

So TRUE:yes:

Welcome to ESMB SillyMe:happydance: ( I think that actually,you are CleverMe).

I was a staff in a class V org too and it was a nightmare:omg:.

Opter