What's new

Finally: Kirstie Alley Defends Tom Cruise and Scientology

Sindy

Crusader
Kirstie Alley Defends Tom Cruise

Ever since Katie Holmes filed for divorce from Tom Cruise on June 29, an unflattering spotlight has been cast over the actor and his beliefs as a member of the controversial Church of Scientology.

Now, fellow celebrity Scientologist Kirstie Alley is coming to Cruise's and the church's defense, following reports that Holmes divorced Cruise to save their 6-year-old daughter, Suri, from the religion, and Vanity Fair's allegations that the church auditioned girlfriends for the actor in 2004.

The 61-year-old actress opened up to "Entertainment Tonight" about the allegations and explained why she felt the need to defend her friend.

"I think whenever you have articles written that are third and fourth parties' opinions – it's like the game Gossip and you don't get the truth – I think that a magazine of that caliber should have interviewed him, and then they would get the truth," Alley told "ET."

More:

Click to see video

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/kirstie-alley-defends-tom-cruise-scientology_n_1874160.html

Sindy

Crusader
Thank you! :)

Ask Cruise and they would have gotten the truth? Goodo! :duh:

He's a trained seal performing in a rainbow-chasing delusional circus!

Well, Cruise was asked and he denied the request. If she "has no idea" why people attack the cult, maybe instead of acting like a ditz she should find out.

I now see Smilla posted this on the Vanity Fair thread. I shoulda checked! Oh well.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Guess this puts the kibosh on the hope Kristie might have quietly left the cult on the heels of Lisa Marie. Also, makes me think this might be an amends project for being a buddy of Lisa Marie or her kissing TC's ass in hopes he might throw some work her way. Chunky Alley can't get traffic ticket in Hollywood now a days. Endorsing scam diets is her only meal ticket and I love the irony of that.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cruise would not talk - not one interview (something new with a Scientologist inhibited communication - NOPE)

Kirstie Alley is a liar - Xenu is Scientology Kirstie - and you know it. Maybe it is a body Thetan talking - and she is on target 2? :omg:

Wisened One

Crusader
'Probably 90% of it (the crazy 'gossip' about $cn) isn't true...and I don't even know how to answer that'

Uh huh....:eyeroll: And....HOW high is she on the Bridge? What-ever! Pat PR answer, eh?

That aside, Kirsty seems a nice person, irl. I have met her and seen her up close here in her hometown. She gave her story at her Mission of how she got into Dn. I hope she wakes up and walks out, one day. She'd make an awesome ex! :yes:

Jump

Operating teatime
'Probably 90% of it (the crazy 'gossip' about $cn) isn't true...and I don't even know how to answer that'

Uh huh....:eyeroll: And....HOW high is she on the Bridge? What-ever! Pat PR answer, eh?

That aside, Kirsty seems a nice person, irl. I have met her and seen her up close here in her hometown. She gave her story at her Mission of how she got into Dn. I hope she wakes up and walks out, one day. She'd make an awesome ex! :yes:

Yeah! When she says "Probably 90% of the crazy stuff I hear (about Scientology) isn't true" .. I hope she means that she knows at least 10% of it is true which would be an indictment of the scamming cult at least.

Kirsty open your eyes.

omnom

Patron with Honors
Chunky Alley can't get traffic ticket in Hollywood now a days. Endorsing scam diets is her only meal ticket and I love the irony of that.

Speaking of irony, check out the "Scientology calling people fat" thread, where you likened the same exact behavior to DM's maturity level, after pointing out that he is a "wee man".

it also is irrefutable proof that DM has the emotional maturity of an 8 year old.

Sure, it was qualified as "in print", but still, really?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
She didn't actually say anything much. I actually got the feeling that she's not very interested in it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The ET spin is that she has come to TC's rescue. But what's back of this? Did she demand to be on the show so she could say whatever she said, or did they just pounce on her somewhere and ask for her comments about it? There's a big difference between the two.

Paul

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Perhaps TC should start dating Kirstie Alley to mockuppatoodee with. Perhaps they deserve each other.

Pete

The ET spin is that she has come to TC's rescue. But what's back of this? Did she demand to be on the show so she could say whatever she said, or did they just pounce on her somewhere and ask for her comments about it? There's a big difference between the two.

Paul

Looks like a pounce. It was outside, I think. She was standing. Lots of noise all around.
It's nothing much. But interesting as probably the first defense of TC since the latest train wrecks.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Looks like a pounce. It was outside, I think. She was standing. Lots of noise all around.
It's nothing much. But interesting as probably the first defense of TC since the latest train wrecks.

It would be very lulzy if JT 'came out' in support of Top Dunce. Imagine the ricochets.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Dumb!

Scientologists have this idea that wogs are dumb so they give dumb answers hoping to fool the dumb folks listening.

It doesn't work. This is 2012. They look like fools giving their blithe denials.

* "They should have interviewed him and they have gotten the truth." (Kirstie knows that is a lie that he refused to give an interview)

* In response to the question: "Is that why there are so many misconceptions about Scientology?" she answers:

"I HAVE NO IDEA.
I HONESTLY HAVE NO IDEA!"

Now there is a perfect example of the world's "authorities" with advanced tech on communication & ARC & Understanding & Study Tech--and she claims she "has no idea" why people have misconceptions about Scientology.

Could it be because Scientologists misdirect and lie, like you just did Kirstie?

TG1

Angelic Poster
Nope. Kirstie's not a good off-the-cuff spokesperson.

In contrast, I saw Angelina Jolie today on the border of Syria speaking about the experiences and plight of new refugees fleeing across the border from Syria. (She's a "special envoy" to the UN refugee agency.)

Jolie was coherent, clear and persuasive. Compare this video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWy_M4yDfQc to Kirstie's silliness.

I know that honesty has a lot to do with the differences I see between these two videos.

Intelligence may also be a factor.

TG1