What's new

Finally out!!!

Mx1988

Hello everyone!

I have been a member of COS for 5 years, and I have been lurking the internett since forever.
It wasn't untill around December 2012 i finally had enough. I haven't been in contact with them since then. Though, they have tried to reach me by calling and texting. Today they came to my appartment building and started knocking on my door. Wanting me to come out for a chat. My girlfriend which is pregnant was shocked that this so called "church" would show up outside our appartment and demanding to have a word with me.
And finally i was able to stand up against them, i finally felt that i didn't need anything from them anymore, i dont need their "help". I saw the Master yesterday also, maybe that helped in me standing up against them.

There is so much thoughts going on, I will come back and write my story from my time in the church.

Just wanted to say HI and that I am now out of the church!!!:D

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Ties_Cut_2.jpg

Welcome and congratulations!!

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Hello everyone!

I have been a member of COS for 5 years, and I have been lurking the internett since forever.
It wasn't untill around December 2012 i finally had enough. I haven't been in contact with them since then. Though, they have tried to reach me by calling and texting. Today they came to my appartment building and started knocking on my door. Wanting me to come out for a chat. My girlfriend which is pregnant was shocked that this so called "church" would show up outside our appartment and demanding to have a word with me.
And finally i was able to stand up against them, i finally felt that i didn't need anything from them anymore, i dont need their "help". I saw the Master yesterday also, maybe that helped in me standing up against them.

There is so much thoughts going on, I will come back and write my story from my time in the church.

Keep in mind, that they only have the power you choose to grant them.

They will try to engage you in discussion, for the purpose of wearing you down. They practice the techniques. They will argue with you until you either go with them, or say "f*** you" and shut the door in their faces.

Saying "f*** off" can be very satisfying.

Also, do not hesitate in calling the police if they repeatedly harass you. Taking cell phone video of them harassing you can be helpful. Just tell them "I am recording this incident for the police. Your continued presence here constitutes permission to be recorded".

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello :wave:, Mx1988, and :welcome2: So proud of you. :yes: :yes: When you are ready to tell, we will be here. :drama: You are not alone. :thumbsup::clap: :bighug:

Lone Star

Crusader
Keep in mind, that they only have the power you choose to grant them.

They will try to engage you in discussion, for the purpose of wearing you down. They practice the techniques. They will argue with you until you either go with them, or say "f*** you" and shut the door in their faces.

Saying "f*** off" can be very satisfying.

Also, do not hesitate in calling the police if they repeatedly harass you. Taking cell phone video of them harassing you can be helpful. Just tell them "I am recording this incident for the police. Your continued presence here constitutes permission to be recorded".

Totally agree with Enthetan. Don't hold back. Treat them like bullies no matter how nice they may seem at times. Threaten with the law and be ready to follow through. Document every phone call and action they take. Video everything that can be videoed. Once they see you mean business they'll back off.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Hello everyone!

It sounds to me like you have a good solid basis- starting out with a good foundation of what you want, what you don't want, and what you need to do.

Nice to meet you!

Mx1988

Thank you all for the support!
It feels great:)

Me and my girlfriend took along walk in the sunset today, and then went out for dinner at a nice restaurant.
It's been a great day:)
I will keep you all updated if something happens, and I will soon write about my experience with the COS.

Thank you all, it warms my heart:)

Loohan

Am I Mettaya?
Totally agree with Enthetan. Don't hold back. Treat them like bullies no matter how nice they may seem at times. Threaten with the law and be ready to follow through. Document every phone call and action they take. Video everything that can be videoed. Once they see you mean business they'll back off.

One thing, though. If the escapee is not some major VIP or at least SO, the person(s) they send after him will likely be some other "downstat" that needs redemption or that they can't find a better use for.
One should remain open to the possibility that the person(s) sent to retrieve blown sinners may themselves have some doubts about their cult, which doubts might could be nurtured.
:unsure:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mx: WELCOME OUT!! Good for you!! We welcome your story on your experiences while in and what finally was the tipping point that you decided what you did about Scientology!! What did you tell them? Can't wait to hear back from you!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello everyone!

Congrats to you. I am so relieved that it wasn't any worse than this, and your pregnant girlfriend is still okay, baby intact. Stay away from them. Good luck, and know that we really do understand here:)

Gib

Crusader
Hello everyone!

I use the Terminator response when they knock at my door:

Probable response: ..............Fuck You Asshole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuUqpZgHiEE

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
One thing, though. If the escapee is not some major VIP or at least SO, the person(s) they send after him will likely be some other "downstat" that needs redemption or that they can't find a better use for.
One should remain open to the possibility that the person(s) sent to retrieve blown sinners may themselves have some doubts about their cult, which doubts might could be nurtured.
:unsure:
Yes, it's true... They really only gave up on me when I sincerely was in a position to help them. But maybe that takes a while... In the meantime we also know that the desire to help is a big part of the trap. I went into my deepest debt after I left staff and just bought stuff so my s.o friend could have a nice week.
so, maintain your position, and remember, they really have no idea what they are even involved in. Sad but true