What's new

First Post!

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks FF. I too see some moral/ethical dilemmas in 'trying to get someone Out'. I'm loathe to make decisions for others, even when it's 'for their own good'.

Which is why my concentration is on eliminating the Cult itself. It's intrusive to 'get someone out', but, it's a social boon to eliminate this dog-turd on the sidewalk of the social body and a worthy effort. And, in the end, the result would be the same, even if the people remain mindfucked.

Zinj

I go back and forth on it. I can't seem to make my mind up. Too bad I don’t have those false scientology tools to figure it out. The problem with the sweet taste of freedom is people in my position don’t always know what to do with it.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's a great point.

I'm right now working on my "doubt formula" which I have dubbed my "Declaration of independence."

I'm fully planning on emailing it to every Scientologist I know personally, including my family.

To quote a great movie:

"You have balls. I LOVE your balls."

Quick - boobie prize to the first person to name that movie!

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I go back and forth on it. I can't seem to make my mind up. Too bad I don’t have those false scientology tools to figure it out. The problem with the sweet taste of freedom is people in my position don’t always know what to do with it.

Certainty may be comfy, but, it sucks :)
Reality tends to be complex but more 'real'.

Zinj

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril, this is nothing new. Back in 1983, when I was trying to route off of staff in Miami, it took forever. For months and months (I know others have been trying to route off for years at other places :omg: ), I was painting, cleaning, etc. Slowly, I got my sec check but they still wouldn't let me finish the routing form. I started in winter which turned into spring and then summer. One day, not inappropriately, I asked the lrh Comm about my routing off cycle (she was next on the routing for and she did nothing for a month or two) and next thing you know... I was slapped with a non-enturb order (for upsetting her) and told I had to be off Miami Org property in 24 hours and not talk to anyone. So, that was how I left; they wouldn't let me finish the leaving staff routing form. I was so relieved! No, I wasn't declared; in fact I paid off my large freeloader debt and got back onlines a few years later in Dallas.

I think what Aeval is doing is the right action. Which is basically not doing anything. Even if they threaten a declare, just be too busy to go in session. Or go in once in a while; who cares. The Dallas Org has bigger fish to fry (like an empty ideal org) and don't need one of their bright young stars to be declared. Bad PR and all. I don't think they want Aeval to show up at the next anonymous protest saying hi to all her old scio friends. :coolwink:

Oh, and Aeval, probably goes without saying, but your freeloaders debt can not be enforced. It won't go on your credit and they can't sue you for it. No need to pay them a dime.

Interesting! I've often stated how I have a charmed life. They REALLY wanted me to stay. God knows what losing an OEC/FEBC would do to stats,
and morale generally. I carried on working at relatively minor areas, CF,
OCA evaluator, and so on as self imposed amends for 3 more months. They'd have probably been better off if I'd left straight away after the sec checks.

Am I the only individual who had a leaving sec check for the right reasons,
to actually remove barriers to my staying?

I've never heard of anyone who had. Though possibly my first job as brand new E/O was one, was to get Philip Christodoulou to stay. failed, but FOLO told me I'd done all the right things. Others had tried earlier. I assume he'd had his sec check, but he was determined to go to flag to become a flag auditor. He was a gifted auditor with back then 8000 hrs. He'd tell you to sit down and start having a chat, maybe with one leg over a chair, totally natural. Later he was in one one the glossy magazines cited as one of the top 3 auditors in the world. He got busted later to his old profession of cook.
[ Steven Seagal anyone? ] He was epic fail on doing his auditor reports etc.

Wonder where he is now?

Before the sec checks I had other auditing, Out/Int, cos you want to leave somewhere, that might be why, and one or other more actions I can't recall.

Aeval

Patron
To quote a great movie:

"You have balls. I LOVE your balls."

Quick - boobie prize to the first person to name that movie!

Now hold on team, Gary has already proven to me that he is 100% committed to the team. He proved it last night by sucking my cock.:lol:

Terril park

Sponsor
Is it wrong that I find everything you post sexy?

Of course not! Your in Boston, she's in Texas?

So its all platonic love.

"Platonic love (Latin: amor platonicus) is described by Herbert Ernest Cushman as "The Longing of the human being in his imperfectness for perfectness and completeness. It is the innate desire for immortality".

So there you have it. Totally in 8D. :)

The continuation of that definition is here. Make of it what you will.

I like the phrase :-

"a form of divine madness that is a gift from the gods" :)

"In Plato's Phaedrus and Symposium what most interested the author was how institutionalized pederasty sublimated the physical aspects of erotic attraction to its pedagogical purpose.[3][4] In the Phaedrus, it is said to be a form of divine madness that is a gift from the gods, and that its proper expression is rewarded by the gods in the afterlife;[2] in the Symposium, the method by which love takes one to the form of beauty and wisdom is detailed.

Platonic love is related to Eros the patron of male love, as Aphrodite was to the love between men and women."

"In Plato's Phaedrus and Symposium what most interested the author was how institutionalized pederasty sublimated the physical aspects of erotic attraction to its pedagogical purpose.[3][4] In the Phaedrus, it is said to be a form of divine madness that is a gift from the gods, and that its proper expression is rewarded by the gods in the afterlife;[2] in the Symposium, the method by which love takes one to the form of beauty and wisdom is detailed.

In the course of a great deal of wine drinking, talk of sex, and general ribaldry. Plato was a philosopher but he knew how to live. :coolwink:

Platonic love is related to Eros the patron of male love, as Aphrodite was to the love between men and women."

These are symbolisms layered on to the pre-existing mythic imagery of the culture. The Platonists liked to reduce things to ideal abstractions and denote them metaphorically. That wasn't necessarily true of other schools.

Mark A. Baker

Wasn't plato into spelunking with boys?

Zinj

Nope. There is no evidence of that. The Symposium in fact includes a very amusing speech wherein the most desirable & accomplished man in Athens, Alcibiades, complains of his disappointment from Socrates' physical disinterest and strictly "platonic" love towards him. The book is truly a work of genius. :thumbsup:

What evidence there is suggests that neither Socrates, Plato, nor Aristotle were "boy lovers" beyond the platonic. They were however strong advocates of the Athenian concept of the "kaloi kai agathoi". The latter phase, "the good and the beautiful", being a phrase denoting the finest qualities to be found in the best of humanity including, but not limited to physical beauty. As a phrase it's something akin to the modern "best & brightest" but encompasses far more.

Suffice to say early christian theologians liked to misrepresent the lives of pagan philosophers in order to denigrate their ideas & philosophy and instill their own christian anti-corporeal & anti-sexual bias.

Mark A. Baker

Aeval

Patron
Nope. There is no evidence of that. The Symposium in fact includes a very amusing speech wherein the most desirable & accomplished man in Athens, Alcibiades, complains of his disappointment from Socrates' physical disinterest and strictly "platonic" love towards him. The book is truly a work of genius. :thumbsup:

What evidence there is suggests that neither Socrates, Plato, nor Aristotle were "boy lovers" beyond the platonic. They were however strong advocates of the Athenian concept of the "kaloi kai agathoi". The latter phase, "the good and the beautiful", being a phrase denoting the finest qualities to be found in the best of humanity including, but not limited to physical beauty. As a phrase it's something akin to the modern "best & brightest" but encompasses far more.

Suffice to say early christian theologians liked to misrepresent the lives of pagan philosophers in order to denigrate their ideas & philosophy and instill their own christian anti-corporeal & anti-sexual bias.

Mark A. Baker

I think I kind of knewthat... sorta.

I guess I was under the impression that most other people are under...and that was that the early greeks/romans were openly bi if not fully gay...at least the soldiers

I think I kind of knewthat... sorta.

I guess I was under the impression that most other people are under...and that was that the early greeks/romans were openly bi if not fully gay...at least the soldiers

They weren't on the whole. But there just wasn't any special cultural bias against it, unlike in the post-christian west. Most males were "straight" but that wasn't regarded as particularly significant. Parents didn't worry or wonder about their son's orientation. What a man did for pleasure was his own business. What counted was how he upheld his familial & social responsibilities.

Masculinity was prized and masculinity was about dominance. Submission or "femininity" were regarded as openly inferior. Whether a man was a "penetrator" or a "penetratee" was significant. What was "penetrated" was relatively unimportant. Afterall, that was a "submissive", and thereby "inferior", role. What happened during adolescence was of little significance. How a man conducted his life was much more important.

Needless to say, expectations concerning women's sexuality were more stringent. :)

Basically sexual mores were simply quite different in the ancient world. Neither "better", nor "worse", just different.

Mark A. Baker

Carmel

Crusader
Thanks FF. I too see some moral/ethical dilemmas in 'trying to get someone Out'. I'm loathe to make decisions for others, even when it's 'for their own good'.
It doesn't have to be and often isn't about "making decisions" for another.

Which is why my concentration is on eliminating the Cult itself.
Yep, makes sense.

It's intrusive to 'get someone out', but, it's a social boon to eliminate this dog-turd on the sidewalk of the social body and a worthy effort. And, in the end, the result would be the same, even if the people remain mindfucked.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

It can be and may be "intrusive" if one is intent on literally "getting someone out", as opposed to showing them where the water is. "Getting the water" when they need it can save their lives and eliminate much agony/illness which is preventable. I for one wish that I was shown it years ago by exes in my family who knew where it was.

Besides, many or most tend to "drink", and this in turn contributes to the elimination of the cult itself.