What's new

Flag Down 2014 – Exposing the fraud and abuse of the Scientology cult - May 2014

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know this has already been posted, but stuff in the ‘General’ area often gets buried under all the other stuff happening and I want this to be visible for much longer as there is still a lot of planning and help required.

A 5-day event is being planned for May 2014, in the heart of Scientologyland – Clearwater, Florida.

Lots of things are planned, but the event will focus around a conference where guest speakers will talk about their experiences in the cult. A provisional list is: John Duignan, Nancy Many, Victoria Britton, Hana Eltringham Whitfield, Mark Plummer, Patty Moher, John McGhee, Jamie de Wolf, John Sweeney, Arnie Lerma, Geir Isene, Michael Leonard Tilse, Dr Martin Poulter, Mark Tordai, Bert Leahy, Karen Pressley and hopefully many others.

The organisers have made it clear that only ‘Exes’ will be invited to speak. So no Indies or FZers. Sorry...

A fundraising page on Indiegogo has been set up:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...g-the-fraud-and-abuse-of-the-scientology-cult

Things are still very much in the planning stage, so if you have any suggestions or would like to attend and add your voice to the mix please let us know (you can PM me if you don’t want to show your hand). Even if you don’t want to speak at the conference, there will be a protest or two going on. This will (hopefully) be timed to coincide with the Dianetics event held by the cult. Anyone with local knowledge would be very welcome, especially to those of us who have never ventured over to that side of the pond!

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone else you know.

Axiom142

Last edited:
I know this has already been posted, but stuff in the ‘General’ area often gets buried under all the other stuff happening and I want this to be visible for much longer as there is still a lot of planning and help required.

A 5-day event is being planned for May 2014, in the heart of Scientologyland – Clearwater, Florida.

Lots of things are planned, but the event will focus around a conference where guest speakers will talk about their experiences in the cult. A provisional list is: John Duignan, Nancy Many, Victoria Britton, Hana Eltringham Whitfield, Mark Plummer, Patty Moher, John McGhee, Jamie de Wolf, John Sweeney, Arnie Lerma, Geir Isene, Michael Leonard Tilse, Dr Martin Poulter, Mark Tordai, Bert Leahy, Karen Pressley and hopefully many others.

The organisers have made it clear that only ‘Exes’ will be invited to speak. So no Indies or FZers. This wasn’t my decision and I’m still hoping that invitations will be extended to selected ‘others’.

A fundraising page on Indiegogo has been set up:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...g-the-fraud-and-abuse-of-the-scientology-cult

Things are still very much in the planning stage, so if you have any suggestions or would like to attend and add your voice to the mix please let us know (you can PM me if you don’t want to show your hand). Even if you don’t want to speak at the conference, there will be a protest or two going on. This will (hopefully) be timed to coincide with the Dianetics event held by the cult. Anyone with local knowledge would be very welcome, especially to those of us who have never ventured over to that side of the pond!

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone else you know.

Axiom142

There is an auditorium about a block away from Flag and between Flag and the Sandcastle.

It is on the second floor above the current Winter's Tail exhibition.

It has its own parking and is adjacent to the library.

For those familiar with Clearwater it is above the old Maas Brothers department store.

The Anabaptist Jacques