What's new

Flag - Outer Org Trainees

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
In a sane organization with a good workable product, the organization would not be fragmented. So the staff would be trained at the organizations expense or recruited from colleges and universities the provide the training.

Yes. If Scn worked, then trained people would be paid a salary that would induce others to get training at their own expense, so they would qualify for those well-paying posts.

Yes. If Scn worked, then trained people would be paid a salary that would induce others to get training at their own expense, so they would qualify for those well-paying posts.
And if it worked, you could dispense with 100% of the PTS / Sp / fair game / disconnection technology. Hubbard said that the solution to the problem becomes a new problem. But he never identified the source problem as being a fraudulent technology, and fixed that. Instead he became embroiled in endless solutions and their fall out.

Mimsey

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
A big part of the long lags has to do with the basic DNA of Scientology. And that is the concept; you are totally responsible for your own condition and the concept that the tech is correct. ( KSW #1) The org is responsible to recruit and send a staff member to a higher org for training. The org is expected to pay for the training and the room and board. Further, the org is also expected to give a large chunk of their income to flag, and the org has to compete with the IAS for the public's $.

So, the failure of having the correct tech, "the only reason you get upbraided is from lack of results" has resulted in attacks which has necessitated a corporate restructuring and fragmentation of the organization. Rather than fix the tech, this was done so the org could survive any legal attack. Had they had simply fixed the tech, and curtailed offering the resultless parts, the attacks would have ceased. But Hubbard's ego prevented that approach.

If you couple this fragmentation with the concept of individual responsibility it all becomes clear.

In a sane organization with a good workable product, the organization would not be fragmented. So the staff would be trained at the organizations expense or recruited from colleges and universities the provide the training.

But in a fragmented organization - there is no pooling of resources. So we have these individual organizations are now being treated like the public. Each is responsible for paying it's own way. Hence Flag charges outer orgs to train their staff, and if the orgs can't pay to maintain a staff member there, the staff on training works for Flag to pay for their food and berthing etc. resulting in extended time. And that my friend, is why training takes so long.

it's in the DNA of the organization.

Mimsey

It makes sense if you look at it like predatory trading partners. Just because China and the Saudies sell you stuff doesn’t make them your friends. You don’t want them knowing and having influence over your government and communication networks. You want them strong enough to provide what you need and form strategic alliances but not strong enough to constitute a threat.

If there is one singular message that the Ex community has sent, it is that anything and everything will eventually be on the internet. To the extent someone has access, information and power within the organization, they can cause damage when and if they defect. I wonder, with all these impressive buildings, if they actually had Commanding Officers or Executive Directors that were so powerful and effective that they made them into vibrant successful organizations - could they be tolerated as competition?

For lack of an abundance of stellar names one man is left to extravagantly and loquaciously fill a large and lonely stage.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I wonder, with all these impressive buildings, if they actually had Commanding Officers or Executive Directors that were so powerful and effective that they made them into vibrant successful organizations - could they be tolerated as competition?

No. David Miscavige has a pathological fear of being supplanted. He would fear anyone who seemed very capable.

Much like LRH could not tolerate very competent people around him, and always seemed to destroy them eventually.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Interesting comment re so PTSD they couldn't THINK with the tek.

For years I just didn't get that at all. It seemed so few in the SO really could THINK with what they were trying to apply - it was all so rotely ( spell check tried to give me " rottenly " ) applied.

Some CS's just seemed to not grasp it. So did so many auditors. Every now & then someone really GOT what they were trying to do. Those that " got it " could make - like magic - any PC fly !

And, in case somebody gets the idea that I support any of the tek - I don't !

I have come to realize that to me really good communication skills ( on which scn has useable stuff but NOT the best ) coupled with genuine caring can help guide people to path they feel is best for them.

But, on topic, scn used people like lemons - squeezed out all the juice then toss 'em aside & start on another one.

I saw good people pushed to burn out & then continued to be pushed until they crashed hard. Some may never recover.

But in any outfit where the image of the group is more important than any individual in it - it is evil. scn is evil

end of my rambling rant - well, for now - LOL !