For people still inside the CoS: How to get the reges off your back

Motti

Patron
Once in an org, you get harassed incessantly to donate to a myriad of 'causes'. Here's what worked for me beautifully when I was inside to get rid of these regging pressures in a breeze:

Don't flinch, stutter, look for excuses or otherwise feel uncomfortable. Just tell the reg: "Can you please show me an LRH reference that says I must do what you say?"

The reg will leave you alone in a hurry and go hunt for another unfortunate soul.

LRH never wrote any policy that said you must donate for anything other than actual services - training or auditing. The donations for IAS/Ideal Org/Library project etc. etc. were instituted only after LRH departed.
Moreover: LRH wrote explicitly against fundraising in general and against buying posh buildings in particular:

"If the org slumps... don't engage in 'fund-raising' or 'selling postcards' or borrowing money. Just make more income with Scientology. It's a sign of very poor management to seek extraordinary solutions for finance outside Scientology. It has always failed.
“For orgs as for pcs, 'Solve It With Scientology'.
Every time I myself have sought to solve financial or personnel in other ways than Scientology I have lost out. So I can tell you from experience that org solvency lies in More Scientology, not patented combs or fund-raising barbeques."

HCO PL 24 February 1964, Issue II.
Org Programming
(OEC Vol. 7, p. 930)

“…So little by little, using donations you give us for your service, your training and your processing, we create little by little areas of sanity.”

LRH The Auditor #51, 1970
What Your Donations Buy

When buildings get important to us, for God's sake, some of you born revolutionists, will you please blow up central headquarters.

Don't get interested in real estate. Don't get interested in the masses of buildings, because that's no important."

Tape: The Genus of Scientology
Anatomy of the Human Mind Congress
31 December 1960

“…In twenty years an enormous amount of experience has been gained regarding the quarters and housing of orgs. From this experience there are only a few clear-cut lessons. These follow:
“A. VIABILITY of the org… is the first and foremost consideration… not how posh or what repute or what image”
“C. Image is a secondary consideration.”

HCO PL 23 Sept 1970.
Quarters, Policy Regarding – Historical

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hubbard DID write many things though about the importance of books and I believe he wrote some things which would fully support the library donation campaigns as well as some other donation campaigns such as The Way to Happiness.

True that he wrote some things that seem to conflict with the current accumulation of real estate and the Ideal Orgs but if he were around today he might have done a new Eval which showed the necessity of these things. He might have felt that the Ideal Org Campaign as implemented by Miscavige is totally brilliant. :yes:

Motti

Patron
Hubbard DID write many things though about the importance of books and I believe he wrote some things which would fully support the library donation campaigns as well as some other donation campaigns such as The Way to Happiness.

True that he wrote some things that seem to conflict with the current accumulation of real estate and the Ideal Orgs but if he were around today he might have done a new Eval which showed the necessity of these things. He might have felt that the Ideal Org Campaign as implemented by Miscavige is totally brilliant. :yes:

Perhaps. But Hubbard is not with us anymore to do it. My point was, that since org staff is indoctrinated with "If it's not written it's not true", you can get the upper hand by demanding a reference. There is no reference in existence that says you must donate to anything but actual services of training and auditing.

Another thing that I encountered: Many staff members say to you: "It's per policy". They don't know which policy, they don't even know if such policy exists, they just utter it to shut you up. The remedy for this is simple: "Show me the policy". gets them every time.

You can take it further: If they say: "You must do your basics", tell them: "Where did LRH write that I must do these basics?" It may sound like Heresy to their delicate ears, but this is the truth. LRH considered books merely as a means to get the person on the training or auditing bridge, not as an end in itself.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Perhaps. But Hubbard is not with us anymore to do it. My point was, that since org staff is indoctrinated with "If it's not written it's not true", you can get the upper hand by demanding a reference. There is no reference in existence that says you must donate to anything but actual services of training and auditing.

Another thing that I encountered: Many staff members say to you: "It's per policy". They don't know which policy, they don't even know if such policy exists, they just utter it to shut you up. The remedy for this is simple: "Show me the policy". gets them every time.

You can take it further: If they say: "You must do your basics", tell them: "Where did LRH write that I must do these basics?" It may sound like Heresy to their delicate ears, but this is the truth. LRH considered books merely as a means to get the person on the training or auditing bridge, not as an end in itself.

Everything you say is correct, but....

The problem with needing an "LRH reference" is that there IS an LRH reference for every single thing that staff or Sea Org do.

As a matter of fact there are at least two (2) references for everything that make it standard to do it and standard not to do it.

I have failed to find one single LRH policy that there was not an opposite policy to.

Thus, there is policy for literally EVERYTHING both for and against.

It's called the Hubbard Law of Commotion: "For each and every policy there is an equal and opposite policy."

In my considerable experience, this is not exaggeration.

Example: The policy says it is a "high crime" punishable by Declare to talk to another Declared SP and not disconnect from them. However, what if Tom Cruise decided to refuse to disconnect from his sister if she was declared?

Oh well, that's on policy too: "Purpose is senior to policy."

Don't try to use logic; it's Scientology.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
You raise an excellent point, Motti. :thumbsup:

Whenever I think of the desperation behind these no-exchange "donations" I'm reminded of the phrase, "Beggars can't be Choosers". Any organisation which only manages to survive by begging money from its Staff and Public is...

just like every other organisation which does the same! :biggrin:

Motti

Patron
I posted this thread for the benefit of people still inside the CoS who like the tech but don't like the aggravation and pressure. What I suggested was tried and proven techniques that worked for me beautifully to get the leeches off my back.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes, and it's quite workable too as long as they happen to be in an area where Hubbard-written Policy still means something. :thumbsup:

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
Or when all else fails just say No

If they persist ask them

Which part of No didn't you get? Was it the 'N' or the 'O' !!!

Always worked for me :biggrin:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
As a never been a Scientologist I find it amazing that if there was a Hubbard reference saying "donate all your money so I can build grand bowling allies on Target 2" members would do it because it was written by LRH. Of course, he was a bit savvier with his swindling of all your money so he would never be so direct and obvious about raping your bank accounts, but had he been it would be expected of members to comply with it. I'll never get that con man's word being viewed as gospel and absolute rule members must follow, no questions asked.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
It doesn't always work. I've had senior Scienotologists insist I needed Issue Authority to quote LRH. I've been called all manner of names and accused of being disaffected because I quoted LRH references such as the ones above. So it seems in the current CoS that LRH is not too popular.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
I posted this thread for the benefit of people still inside the CoS who like the tech but don't like the aggravation and pressure. What I suggested was tried and proven techniques that worked for me beautifully to get the leeches off my back.

The best way to get a redge off your back is to GTFO of the Cof$. There is tech elsewhere, such as the freezone or becoming a Marty devotee.

It's true that there is no such thing as an organization that actually cares about you. Only people do that. The bigger the organization, the less likely that there is anyone there who holds some position in the organization will actually care. This is true of govt., the large Christian not for profit religious corporation megachurches, or even the WMCA for that matter. On the other hand, if you opt to participate in some sort of smaller organization, such as a small Christian church, it is easily possible for the group think to be more intense. For instance ... "At our church, all women must wear dresses and long hair, to be kept tightly drawn up in a bun. And everyone must also be a Republican."

So what does that have to do with the redges? Well, at a large Scientology org, at least when I was in, the redge saw you as a walking dollar sign. On the other hand, at a small mission, the redge was your "friend," who knew all about you, what you did, who you associated with, who your friends were, knew your likes and dislikes, knew all your buttons, and saw you as a walking dollar sign.

So phug all the redges and all the redging. But, in case you haven't seen it yet, I will toss a rehash of one of my song parodies at you.

Pete

Registrar (tune of Candyman)

Who can make the big lies,
Credible to you?
Appealing to your conscience with an urgency or two,
The registrar, the registrar can,
The registrar can ‘cause he pushes your buttons,
To make your church seem good!

Who takes a 401k,
Dismisses with a sigh,
Makes it no more important than a pasture patty pie …
The registrar? The registrar can!
The registrar can ‘cause he tells you all the lies,
That make your church look good!

The registrar will take,
Every cent you make,
With a tech that’s so malicious,
Before you even get suspicious,
You’ll hock all your heirloom dishes!

Mortgage your tomorrow,
For the Scilon dream,
Who makes you get the sorrow while your church gets all the cream?
The registrar? The registrar can, The registrar can!
The registrar can ‘cause he tells you all the lies,
That make the church look good!
And your church looks good.
‘Cause the redge makes his stats look good!

Motti

Patron
It doesn't always work. I've had senior Scienotologists insist I needed Issue Authority to quote LRH. I've been called all manner of names and accused of being disaffected because I quoted LRH references such as the ones above. So it seems in the current CoS that LRH is not too popular.

Same applies here: If someone says you need an issue authority to quote from LRH, ask him to show you a reference that says it. There isn't such a reference. Such a demand is insane and inapplicable.

guanoloco

As-Wased

That is sooooooooooo Scientology and one of the funniest damned things I've read!!

You, truthfully, cannot make this shit up!!!