What's new

Forced abortions in organized scientology - what to do

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
My name is Larry Brennan and I am making an appeal here to all women who were on staff in organized scientology who had coerced abortions.

I ask that any of you who may be willing to testify that you had a coerced abortion while on staff in organized scientology to contact me as soon as possible.

Right now there are two cases ongoing that in part involve coerced abortions. One woman who was heavily pressured to have abortions recently courageously testified as to the details. Organized scientology lawyers tried to ridicule her while completely lying about their policies on abortion for Sea Org members and the pressure brought forth on same. She withstood their insulting and heartless lines of questioning that if she really cared she could have gone full term and turned her baby over for adoption, that she chose abortion over being sent to a lower org and that she really knew why all those Sea Org women had abortions by the boatload.

They lie that pregnant scientology staff members are not pressured at all to have abortions and that getting the abortions was always the 100% free choice of the women involved who did not want the babies.

Organized scientology attorneys claim that what they do that may result in abortions, human trafficking and a myriad of other staff-related abuses can be defended on grounds of “minister exemption” or otherwise all this that they do must be excused in the name of “religious freedom”.

Yes their position in effect is that the destruction of family and indeed life itself is part of their untouchable “religious freedom”.

Some good news in a recent case is that the judge denied organized scientology’s motion to dismiss the request for an injunction against abortions. So, the possibility of the court enjoining them to stop coerced abortions is still on the table.

The reason for the request that you contact me is that there is a short window in one case for a list to be made and filed in court giving the names of women who will in fact testify that while on staff they were coerced into having an abortion.

I will get back in touch with you and then with your approval get you in touch with an attorney for this case.

You can reach me via my private email of larrybren12345ATaol.com (with the “AT” representing the “@” symbol).

I completely understand if any of you do not feel able to help here but if you can find it in your heart to do so you may very well help make the difference to get this great abuse stopped on female staff of organized scientology once and for all.

Thanks for reading this and considering same.

If you want to check out who I am please feel free to google: “Larry Brennan scientology”, check with others or just check out my blog: larrybren.blogspot.com

On behalf of girls and women everywhere, indeed on behalf of decency and life itself, we have a chance to make a big difference right now on this one of the most major abuses. My interest here is seeing the abuses stopped now and forever.

I am telling you now that organized scientology is being notified of other legal demands and suits to come if they do not meet their obligations to others. In the course of interviewing people there is much coming up involving efforts to recruit young girls into the Sea Org. This brings about another goal on the part of those seeking justice here. And that goal is to put out to scientology public that they must keep their young daughters out of the Sea Org. Brutally hard work, abuse and forced abortions await them there.

In threatening me years ago for speaking out about beatings and other abuses, David Miscavige’s attorney told my attorney that organized scientology would never be reformed from the outside.

I say we show them how wrong they are. I say that we do not wait for David Miscavige to make a change he will never make on his own.

Let’s end this.

byte301

Crusader
Yes, anyone who was forced to have an abortion please speak out if you can.

We need to back up Laura in her lawsuit.

It would be a big step towards getting this atrocity stopped.

British Mom

Patron with Honors
I know of 3 that occurred at St. Hill but as far as I know they are still in Scientology. I actually heard an ethics officer scream at a Sea Org Man to get his wife to have an abortion, she did a week later, but they would just say I was lying. :confused2:

I am so glad this is happening as it was the main reason I left Scientology as I do not agree with forcing people to get rid of their unborn child. Please anyone that has been forced, please speak out, this crime has to be stopped.:yes:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
It can be very much like testifying against the mafia. It takes a lot of courage.

But it can be done safely.

The world will be better off for your efforts. They will no longer be able to coerce and intimidate any one else to do what they did to you and your unborn children.

I can see what this takes. Anyone who chooses not to, that is understandable.

But someone must.

Who will step forward and help?

byte301

Crusader
It can be very much like testifying against the mafia. It takes a lot of courage.

But it can be done safely.

The world will be better off for your efforts. They will no longer be able to coerce and intimidate any one else to do what they did to you and your unborn children.

I can see what this takes. Anyone who chooses not to, that is understandable.

But someone must.

Who will step forward and help?

I agree, Alanzo. It would be hard. They will pull stuff out of pc folders and ethics folders to discredit anyone who does come forward. It won't be pretty.

That's why I think Laura is a true hero for what she's doing.

This could really make an impact and bring this thing the attention it deserves.

smartone

My Own Boss
Nice one Larry :happydance:

It would be great if you could let us know the outcome. I wanna see the church eat dirt on forced abortions as well as many other crimes they have. :D

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great post Larry

My name is Larry Brennan and I am making an appeal here to all women who were on staff in organized scientology who had coerced abortions.

I ask that any of you who may be willing to testify that you had a coerced abortion while on staff in organized scientology to contact me as soon as possible.

Right now there are two cases ongoing that in part involve coerced abortions. One woman who was heavily pressured to have abortions recently courageously testified as to the details. Organized scientology lawyers tried to ridicule her while completely lying about their policies on abortion for Sea Org members and the pressure brought forth on same. She withstood their insulting and heartless lines of questioning that if she really cared she could have gone full term and turned her baby over for adoption, that she chose abortion over being sent to a lower org and that she really knew why all those Sea Org women had abortions by the boatload.

They lie that pregnant scientology staff members are not pressured at all to have abortions and that getting the abortions was always the 100% free choice of the women involved who did not want the babies.

Organized scientology attorneys claim that what they do that may result in abortions, human trafficking and a myriad of other staff-related abuses can be defended on grounds of “minister exemption” or otherwise all this that they do must be excused in the name of “religious freedom”.

Yes their position in effect is that the destruction of family and indeed life itself is part of their untouchable “religious freedom”.

Some good news in a recent case is that the judge denied organized scientology’s motion to dismiss the request for an injunction against abortions. So, the possibility of the court enjoining them to stop coerced abortions is still on the table.

The reason for the request that you contact me is that there is a short window in one case for a list to be made and filed in court giving the names of women who will in fact testify that while on staff they were coerced into having an abortion.

I will get back in touch with you and then with your approval get you in touch with an attorney for this case.

You can reach me via my private email of larrybren12345ATaol.com (with the “AT” representing the “@” symbol).

I completely understand if any of you do not feel able to help here but if you can find it in your heart to do so you may very well help make the difference to get this great abuse stopped on female staff of organized scientology once and for all.

Thanks for reading this and considering same.

If you want to check out who I am please feel free to google: “Larry Brennan scientology”, check with others or just check out my blog: larrybren.blogspot.com

On behalf of girls and women everywhere, indeed on behalf of decency and life itself, we have a chance to make a big difference right now on this one of the most major abuses. My interest here is seeing the abuses stopped now and forever.

I am telling you now that organized scientology is being notified of other legal demands and suits to come if they do not meet their obligations to others. In the course of interviewing people there is much coming up involving efforts to recruit young girls into the Sea Org. This brings about another goal on the part of those seeking justice here. And that goal is to put out to scientology public that they must keep their young daughters out of the Sea Org. Brutally hard work, abuse and forced abortions await them there.

In threatening me years ago for speaking out about beatings and other abuses, David Miscavige’s attorney told my attorney that organized scientology would never be reformed from the outside.

I say we show them how wrong they are. I say that we do not wait for David Miscavige to make a change he will never make on his own.

Let’s end this.

You are doing a great job. Thank you! Did you read my last PM?

Love

Markus

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Larry, there may be some information in this thread that you can use, I hope.

ANZO Sea Org Abortions

Forcing SO members to kill their own children has got to be the most despicable aspect of the whole slimy mess that Scientology has become. I think it will be the thing that brings Scientology down. Anyone who can help, please do so.

Daedle

Patron
I know of 3 that occurred at St. Hill but as far as I know they are still in Scientology. I actually heard an ethics officer scream at a Sea Org Man to get his wife to have an abortion, she did a week later, but they would just say I was lying. :confused2:

I am so glad this is happening as it was the main reason I left Scientology as I do not agree with forcing people to get rid of their unborn child. Please anyone that has been forced, please speak out, this crime has to be stopped.:yes:

Hi British Mom, they're going to say everyone is lying. But everyone who steps forward starts to build up the picture and every voice counts.

I'm sorry if I upset you by bringing this up, but judging by their previous reactions to these things they will try to "handle" you by hitting your vulnerable spots - your daughter. I suspect she'll be forced to get in contact with you to try and make you stop. While she's doing that (and please don't let her actually stop you), you can start to plant the seeds of doubt in her mind.

If your testimony helps bring down this cult then it helps to set your daughter free.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Just a thought, there are sea org bases in some other countries as well, UK, Crikeyland, Denmark, Italy(big one on the pope)... People living in those countries should make some emails to investigative reportes about what´s happening in the US, and explain to them that the sea org and its ways exists in their own countries as well.

Just a thought...

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Scientology is 'Clearing the Planet', One Unborn Child at a Time.

I urge anyone who was ever faced with the dilemma of being forced to choose between abortion and a life in scientology - regardless of the choice made - to make contact with Larry Brennan or Barry Van Sickle about this.
This is a human rights issue, not a pro or con abortion issue.

Just in case one has not seen the lawsuit, you can find it here:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/200904-decrescenzo-v-csi.html
Now, forced abortion is a hot topic these days. Besides the lawsuits against scientology, we have some Catholics writing, looking and commenting on it. Just the other day, The Washington Post did an article on China's forced abortion issue here the journalist starts out by saying :

"One of the few incontrovertible assertions one can reasonably make is that no one supports forced abortion."

When abortion isn't a choice
Washington Post By Kathleen Parker Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Comments, unfortunately, were closed after they got over 280 of them.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy.../AR2009111013891.html?nav=rss_opinion/columns

For those who have not seen Astra Woodcraft's TV videos on the subject of her being made at age 17 to make the forced abortion choice, you can see her and her father Lawrence is being interviewed by ABC News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jary3zObHYI
I once posted on my blog about a video of another interview, the Channel 4 Richard and Judy Show where Astra and church spokesperson Janet Kenyon-Laveau are interviewed about it. This is a priceless, damning interview.

Monday, August 25, 2008
[..] Did you know that the Church of Scientology is Anti-Family and orders their elite members to abort pregnancies or risk being made to leave the group they are dedicated a billion years of their lives to? Well, here is the video where the church spokesperson admits that Scientology does indeed force certain members to have abortions. Why? Well, they are in the business of 'clearing the planet'. In this case, one unborn child at a time.

Scientology is 'Clearing the Planet', One Unborn Child at a Time.[/

This video details life inside Scientology 's elite corp called the Sea Organization including it's policy of compulsory abortions for female members of that elite corp.
Richard & Judy item on Scientology Channel 4, Oct 11 2005 [British television]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkq9HQjMlAI
Former Scientologist Astra Woodcraft is interviewed by Richard & Judy, along with a spokeswoman for the Church of Scientology in the UK, Janet Kenyon-Laveau. Woodcraft left the organization so she would not have to abort her child.

Kenyon-Laveau is forced to admit to this, that Scientology's Sea Organization is anti-family and pro-enforced abortion. [..]

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
Thanks to all who made comments/suggestions. I will be taking up some of those points when I can.

I want to especially thank the people who have been sending me emails as per the OP. I appreciate and am following up with you all.

I just wanted to make this little "update" on all the forums in which I post for all concerned reading this.

1) Any input from any woman who has information from any time in organized scientology's history, from any place (not just the USA) would be very welcome. If you have been coerced to have an abortion or were being so coerced but did not have the abortion and feel you might be willing to testify please feel free to email me as per the OP ("original post" in this thread). I will hook you up with the attorney if you'd like and he can help answer your questions. Together you can see if you might be of help;

2) One thing to keep in mind on the subject of coerced abortions is that the cases are asking the courts to enjoin organized scientology from coercing them in the future. No body has asked for any money for this. It is not a matter of money. It is a matter of trying to stop one of organized scientology most horrid abuses and to save lives;

3) A number of us involved with this, including the attorney for the case, have deep concerns about and have no desire whatsoever to put a bunch of abortion victims through further trauma if it is to mean great trauma to them. No one has ANY obligation to testify here. If you can testify then fine. But please do not feel bad in any way if you feel you do not wish to testify or that it would be too hard on you.

I just finished Nancy Many's book "My Billion Year Contract" . You can get it from Amazon or from the following link: My Billion Year Contract . I mention this because I have been incredibly moved by this book and it is related to this subject. I most highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to truly understand the horrors of what a person can go through at the hands of organized scientology. It breaks my heart to read about how they tried to use her family against her, how desperately she struggled and prayed for her baby through the horrid abuses of the RPF while 5 months pregnant and how she was driven to periods of insanity by the abuses within that organization. From Nancy's descriptions I could see what it must have been like in the last weeks of life for Lisa McPherson and others who were killed or who killed themselves or were driven to insanity by this organization. In her book Nancy also describes what she had to go through to testify against organized scientology in the Lisa McPherson case and I do not wish to put anyone else through that. So, if you feel you can handle it well without hurting yourself, please feel free to email me. But, if not, no problem at all. You have been a victim of a cult devoid of any real sense of love, of compassion, of dedication to those who are it's members when they are at the greatest need and it has no real competence at all in the field of mental health. It has been run as a organization of greed who will destroy your family and yourself for worldly gain;

4) Lastly, who I would most like to contact me about the possibility to testify are the ex scientology staff supervisors, seniors, ethics officers, guards or what have you that were involved in any way to coerce Sea Org women to have an abortion. If you pressured a woman to have an abortion on staff or if you witnessed it and knew the policy on this you have an opportunity here and now to stand up, spare these women further suffering and see that great justice is done. I would be very happy to speak with any of you and I hope you will at least email me.

No one has lead a perfect life. I believe that the great majority of us ex staff had deep desires to help and were not bad people. But anybody who was once on scientology staff has certainly done something which they now know is wrong. If you were involved in the above you have a chance to stop these abuses in the future by your testimony. How many more lives must be forfit before something is done about this?

Email me and let's go over this.

larrybren12345ATaol.com (with the "AT" representing the "@" symbol).

Here's to ex and current Sea Org and scientology staff women everywhere who were coerced into having abortions and to all the girls and women on staff now or soon to be on staff who will someday be so coerced if we don't stop this as love is given a back seat to greed.

And here is to unconditional love:

006_6.jpg

Larry Brennan

Last edited:

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks again Larry!

Thanks to all who made comments/suggestions. I will be taking up some of those points when I can.

I want to especially thank the people who have been sending me emails as per the OP. I appreciate and am following up with you all.

I just wanted to make this little "update" on all the forums in which I post for all concerned reading this.

1) Any input from any woman who has information from any time in organized scientology's history, from any place (not just the USA) would be very welcome. If you have been coerced to have an abortion or were being so coerced but did not have the abortion and feel you might be willing to testify please feel free to email me as per the OP ("original post" in this thread). I will hook you up with the attorney if you'd like and he can help answer your questions. Together you can see if you might be of help;

2) One thing to keep in mind on the subject of coerced abortions is that the cases are asking the courts to enjoin organized scientology from coercing them in the future. No body has asked for any money for this. It is not a matter of money. It is a matter of trying to stop one of organized scientology most horrid abuses and to save lives;

3) A number of us involved with this, including the attorney for the case, have deep concerns about and have no desire whatsoever to put a bunch of abortion victims through further trauma if it is to mean great trauma to them. No one has ANY obligation to testify here. If you can testify then fine. But please do not feel bad in any way if you feel you do not wish to testify or that it would be too hard on you.

I just finished Nancy Many's book "My Billion Year Contract" . You can get it from Amazon or from the following link: My Billion Year Contract . I mention this because I have been incredibly moved by this book and it is related to this subject. I most highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to truly understand the horrors of what a person can go through at the hands of organized scientology. It breaks my heart to read about how they tried to use her family against her, how desperately she struggled and prayed for her baby through the horrid abuses of the RPF while 5 months pregnant and how she was driven to periods of insanity by the abuses within that organization. From Nancy's descriptions I could see what it must have been like in the last weeks of life for Lisa McPherson and others who were killed or who killed themselves or were driven to insanity by this organization. In her book Nancy also describes what she had to go through to testify against organized scientology in the Lisa McPherson case and I do not wish to put anyone else through that. So, if you feel you can handle it well without hurting yourself, please feel free to email me. But, if not, no problem at all. You have been a victim of a cult devoid of any real sense of love, of compassion, of dedication to those who are it's members when they are at the greatest need and it has no real competence at all in the field of mental health. It has been run as a organization of greed who will destroy your family and yourself for worldly gain;

4) Lastly, who I would most like to contact me about the possibility to testify are the ex scientology staff supervisors, seniors, ethics officers, guards or what have you that were involved in any way to coerce Sea Org women to have an abortion. If you pressured a woman to have an abortion on staff or if you witnessed it and knew the policy on this you have an opportunity here and now to stand up, spare these women further suffering and see that great justice is done. I would be very happy to speak with any of you and I hope you will at least email me.

No one has lead a perfect life. I believe that the great majority of us ex staff had deep desires to help and were not bad people. But anybody who was once on scientology staff has certainly done something which they now know is wrong. If you were involved in the above you have a chance to stop these abuses in the future by your testimony. How many more lives must be forfit before something is done about this?

Email me and let's go over this.

larrybren12345ATaol.com (with the "AT" representing the "@" symbol).

Here's to ex and current Sea Org and scientology staff women everywhere who were coerced into having abortions and to all the girls and women on staff now or soon to be on staff who will someday be so coerced if we don;t stop this as love is given a back seat to greed.

And here is to unconditional love:

006_6.jpg

Larry Brennan

Thank you so very very much for doing such a great job.

Love

Markus

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I just finished Nancy Many's book "My Billion Year Contract" . You can get it from Amazon or from the following link: My Billion Year Contract . I mention this because I have been incredibly moved by this book and it is related to this subject. I most highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to truly understand the horrors of what a person can go through at the hands of organized scientology. It breaks my heart to read about how they tried to use her family against her, how desperately she struggled and prayed for her baby through the horrid abuses of the RPF while 5 months pregnant and how she was driven to periods of insanity by the abuses within that organization. From Nancy's descriptions I could see what it must have been like in the last weeks of life for Lisa McPherson and others who were killed or who killed themselves or were driven to insanity by this organization. In her book Nancy also describes what she had to go through to testify against organized scientology in the Lisa McPherson case and I do not wish to put anyone else through that. So, if you feel you can handle it well without hurting yourself, please feel free to email me. But, if not, no problem at all. You have been a victim of a cult devoid of any real sense of love, of compassion, of dedication to those who are it's members when they are at the greatest need and it has no real competence at all in the field of mental health. It has been run as a organization of greed who will destroy your family and yourself for worldly gain.

What he said.

Nancy's book has a different slant than BFG's.

Both are incredible.

But, hers really gets under your skin. It's so personal.

If you haven't read it, you should.

Anonycat

Crusader
I urge anyone who was ever faced with the dilemma of being forced to choose between abortion and a life in scientology - regardless of the choice made - to make contact with Larry Brennan or Barry Van Sickle about this.
This is a human rights issue, not a pro or con abortion issue.

Just in case one has not seen the lawsuit, you can find it here:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/200904-decrescenzo-v-csi.html
Now, forced abortion is a hot topic these days. Besides the lawsuits against scientology, we have some Catholics writing, looking and commenting on it. Just the other day, The Washington Post did an article on China's forced abortion issue here the journalist starts out by saying :

"One of the few incontrovertible assertions one can reasonably make is that no one supports forced abortion."

When abortion isn't a choice
Washington Post By Kathleen Parker Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Comments, unfortunately, were closed after they got over 280 of them.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy.../AR2009111013891.html?nav=rss_opinion/columns

For those who have not seen Astra Woodcraft's TV videos on the subject of her being made at age 17 to make the forced abortion choice, you can see her and her father Lawrence is being interviewed by ABC News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jary3zObHYI
I once posted on my blog about a video of another interview, the Channel 4 Richard and Judy Show where Astra and church spokesperson Janet Kenyon-Laveau are interviewed about it. This is a priceless, damning interview.

Monday, August 25, 2008
[..] Did you know that the Church of Scientology is Anti-Family and orders their elite members to abort pregnancies or risk being made to leave the group they are dedicated a billion years of their lives to? Well, here is the video where the church spokesperson admits that Scientology does indeed force certain members to have abortions. Why? Well, they are in the business of 'clearing the planet'. In this case, one unborn child at a time.

Scientology is 'Clearing the Planet', One Unborn Child at a Time.[/

This video details life inside Scientology 's elite corp called the Sea Organization including it's policy of compulsory abortions for female members of that elite corp.
Richard & Judy item on Scientology Channel 4, Oct 11 2005 [British television]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkq9HQjMlAI
Former Scientologist Astra Woodcraft is interviewed by Richard & Judy, along with a spokeswoman for the Church of Scientology in the UK, Janet Kenyon-Laveau. Woodcraft left the organization so she would not have to abort her child.

Kenyon-Laveau is forced to admit to this, that Scientology's Sea Organization is anti-family and pro-enforced abortion. [..]

Thank you - brilliant thread. Wow, finally a church with forced or cohearsed abortion. Also, discrimination against a pregnant woman is a blatant crime. I hope this brings the cult down once and for all.

Anonycat

Crusader
Bump, Inc.

I too, bump. I hope this inspires more to get in front of a friend's video camera and tell the tale for the world to know. This issue is, imho, too important to start acting shy about. I am ever grateful to those that have spoken up!!!

Give us this day an awesome thread. :coolwink: