Forgive Yourself

G

Gottabrain

I was browsing the threads today and got a bit caught up in Taj's discussion with John about religion.

There were a few things on my mind and I thought what a terrible thing it would be to go without the wisdom of religion. What would I ask if I prayed tonight? What would I say? I haven't prayed in a while.

Maybe, instead, I'd write a journal or diary, then read it back to myself and maybe I could figure out why sometimes my eyes puff up and I feel like crying but can't and don't know what I'd cry about, or why purpose sometimes seems so foggy to me, or why I get angry or tired for no reason at all.

Then I saw the forgiveness thread and realized

If I am part of God and God is part of me and everything is connected and I've forgiven everyone I can think of, I must have missed somebody.

I did. I forgot to forgive myself.

for wasting years in Scn, when my life is just as precious as any other
for not being the mom I intended and always wanted to be
for forgetting how old I was on my birthdays when I was in the SO
for getting really addicted to smoking for way too many years
for living on coffee and getting ulcers when I was only 23
for not getting medical attention when I needed it
for not giving myself the things I wanted
for denying myself the company of family and others I love
for dressing in rags in the SO
for caring more about others than my own sleep, food or even appearance

I feel better now. :yes:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Many times when I was lost in a fog my dad said that to me..."forgive yourself".
It took a lot of reflection, and is an ongoing process, but so important. Thanks Gotta.

G

Gottabrain

Many times when I was lost in a fog my dad said that to me..."forgive yourself".
It took a lot of reflection, and is an ongoing process, but so important. Thanks Gotta.

Such a simple thing to be so powerful, isn't it?

Aren't Dads wonderful? Mine had a knack for distilling the most complex problems down to a few words that melt them away. I'm sure you miss yours, as I miss mine. :heartflower:

I was up for another hour or so afterwards last night thinking of all kinds of things to forgive myself.

When I awoke, I charged out of bed as if I were a child. To enjoy the dazzling, sunny warm day.

Life is a gift.