What's new

Forgoing Anonymity and Why

Papabear

Patron
Why I forwent anonymity...

For me it really boils down to not wanting to continue a life of manipulation by Scn. See, I figure if I am forced to be in hiding because I don't want to be disconnected from my parents and brothers then I am still under the control of Scn, even if only a little bit, and that irks me big time.

It took a while, but changing our lives completely also severed our ties in a way that made Scn intimidation less effective. That's another post in itself.

With that taken care of, posting my real name has several advantages (to my way of thinking...). It uses the "policy" of scn against the cult. Here they are:

When my family discovered I was out, I thought the jig was up. It wasn't. The ethics section, or OSA, or someone had my father ask me questions for the next 8 months, sometimes 4 hours at a time. I figured, what have I got to lose? I'll tell the direct truth, if they ask a direct question, and I did. They didn't believe me, but it enabled me to personally tell me father how I felt about my personal involvement in Scn even though he didn't want to know. (according to my mother) This may have only worked because (and this is second hand data) my dad threatened to leave Scn himself if I was declared. (Go DAD!) This probably wouldn't have happened unless he made that threat.

When I post my name, they go straight to the family that is still in to separate (with the ethics tech of course) us and prove that disconnection does exist, or possibly harass them right out of the cult. It also slows down their progress which is good or bad depending on who you are.

On Facebook, MySpace, etc. if they go after friends who happen to be on the fence (unbeknownst to the cult) to get whomever to "unfriend" me they will verify with damn good credentials I am safe to talk to, and I don't have to tell them myself. Even better, they might wonder why so many people are leaving Scn.

If said friend is still in, they would probably wonder why I am out, and why Scn is lurking online to keep people apart, particularly if it happens several times. Creepy! :omg:

Since everyone I work with already knows my story, if OSA tries to call and 3rd party, then they will simply verify the creepy factor of SCN and increase my credibility on the subject.

The "rational" of hiding behind a mask because I have "crimes" doesn't work. Anyone can contact me and ask questions if they want to. Yes, even OSA. I still haven't changed my email address from my Clearwater days. I have made this offer to the cult before through my older brother (who said he would pass it on) but the cult never has.

Any on the fence lurkers on sites like this one who actually know me will have a friend to contact safely to get advice or reconnect.

Top reason is I don't have to hide anything. If my family or friends can't accept me for who I am, well, I have other friends and adopted family who do. :happydance:

A lot had to happen for me to feel safe to do it. Money sources had to be changed and protected. We left Clearwater in an RV and traveled to a new home, established ourselves, told our story and made many new friends who have become our family. It's not easy to do, but I feel that since I am in this unique position, I had better do it. Besides, I sleep better now. :yes:

There are drawbacks of course. I don't take any pleasure in being disconnected from family. Even if they do talk to me it's just "Good Roads, Good Weather" and on top of that I can't trust any information I do pass on to them won't be forwarded to others in the cult who would try to use it against me somehow. Sometimes I get terribly depressed about the whole absurd situation. :bigcry:

It is my sincere wish the family that remains wakes up and takes control of their life back. I want them in my life so much but I refuse to do it under the terms of the cult. Someone had to make a break for it to lead the way and that was me. Everything I do is to prepare our family for the future, including those still in the cult.

So if living my life out in the open gets those family members harassed in an effort to control me, maybe they will realize who they are supporting with so much time and money is really tearing their family apart. I'm not holding my breath, and maybe I'm crazy, but ya just gotta do what ya gotta! Maybe someday they will all be out and we'll have a party! :party:

Thanks for listening! You all rock! :thumbsup:

Sai Ninja 2000

Patron with Honors
congratulations on not having fear. i admire you for that. it takes a lot of strength to finally realize that you can. this is a very important post for me, so thank you for sharing this. i am beginning to realize that i, too, have nothing to hide.

OldTimingMan

Patron with Honors
Bravo !

Some day soon, I believe, many more outees will reveal themselves. The sooner the evil of scientology is de-clawed the quicker that will happen.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
ADMIRATION

PapaBear you do have my utmost admiration for your stance.

Ethically it was the only right thing to do, and in the end you will win.:thumbsup::thumbsup::yes:

Unfortunately too few have your integrity.

They tried to fuck with my wife when I left, and when they offered her

a session I had to grit my teeth and sit on my hands to let her answer

"No thank you" for herself. The tone of the person asking was way to the

south, so I could just see the "reverse auditing" coming.

Papabear

Patron
Still have fear...

congratulations on not having fear. i admire you for that. it takes a lot of strength to finally realize that you can. this is a very important post for me, so thank you for sharing this. i am beginning to realize that i, too, have nothing to hide.

You are very kind, but I still live with fear. I don't know that it will ever leave me. It's just that I try very hard to discern whether the fear is ruling my decision and do what I can to overcome it.

We can all do what is right for ourselves, fear or not. I trust everyone here to do what they have to at the right time for them.:yes:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've had a number of reasons to be anonymous, but really it's just that I don't know anyone in in any meaningful way. I never had family in, and while there are people I'd love to talk to again, I'm not sure there's anything meaningful left to talk to after all this time in.

So why make it easy for OSA?

Papabear

Patron
Integrity

PapaBear you do have my utmost admiration for your stance.

Unfortunately too few have your integrity.

They tried to fuck with my wife when I left, and when they offered her

a session I had to grit my teeth and sit on my hands to let her answer

"No thank you" for herself. The tone of the person asking was way to the

south, so I could just see the "reverse auditing" coming.

I'm glad she said no! I was offered the same which I also refused. As far as the integrity, well perhaps, but I have met many with great integrity since I have left. All of us here posting are doing what we can and I feel we have to trust any reason to be anonymous even if it's only a gut feeling. For me, well, I couldn't sleep well anymore.

If I had integrity when I was 11 years old, I would have told my parents I wasn't interested in Scn and so much would have been different. I didn't. So we all do what we must, good reasons or bad. But if you can trust me to do what's best for myself, and I can trust you to take care of yourself than perhaps we can also care for each other as well, as we will have a strong foundation from which to stand. :hug:

I'm awful proud of anyone who speaks their truth for all to see, whether I agree with it or not! :thumbsup:

Love you guys!
Papabear

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
For me I realized how they ruined my life. When I got out, thanks to GOD, I never wanted them to control my life again. I found a path that I love, appreciate, enjoy, and can identify with every day. The reason I have remained dark is due to the injustices I saw while in, the "warchest," and knowing their relentless need to cover up their lies to further their cause. I want no part of it, have a life that is separated from my past with them to a great deal.

I have now seen that I was not the only one with these thoughts and realize that the time is near for me. They can't control me, never have, I controled them! I made my future by my own means and maybe its time to release my past. It is what it was, it will be no more and I controled it.

G

Gottabrain

Terrific post, Chris!!:)

you are taking quite an honourable position and having the integrity to stick by it is admirable. You are an inspiration.

I believe it is only a short time, maybe a year or two, before the walls Scilo has erected between our friends and families comes down completely. Hang in there. People like yourself are spearheading the way.

Re. your fear - if your family is contacting you at all, even with "Good Roads, Fair Weather", then you're not on any priority Scilo hit list. They must see you as a "necessary evil". The OSAs and MAAs are so outnumbered by exscn, I doubt they can even be bothered.

Have a Merry, Joyous, Wonderful Christmas!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Why I forwent anonymity...

For me it really boils down to not wanting to continue a life of manipulation by Scn. See, I figure if I am forced to be in hiding because I don't want to be disconnected from my parents and brothers then I am still under the control of Scn, even if only a little bit, and that irks me big time.

It took a while, but changing our lives completely also severed our ties in a way that made Scn intimidation less effective. That's another post in itself.

With that taken care of, posting my real name has several advantages (to my way of thinking...). It uses the "policy" of scn against the cult. Here they are:

When my family discovered I was out, I thought the jig was up. It wasn't. The ethics section, or OSA, or someone had my father ask me questions for the next 8 months, sometimes 4 hours at a time. I figured, what have I got to lose? I'll tell the direct truth, if they ask a direct question, and I did. They didn't believe me, but it enabled me to personally tell me father how I felt about my personal involvement in Scn even though he didn't want to know. (according to my mother) This may have only worked because (and this is second hand data) my dad threatened to leave Scn himself if I was declared. (Go DAD!) This probably wouldn't have happened unless he made that threat.

When I post my name, they go straight to the family that is still in to separate (with the ethics tech of course) us and prove that disconnection does exist, or possibly harass them right out of the cult. It also slows down their progress which is good or bad depending on who you are.

On Facebook, MySpace, etc. if they go after friends who happen to be on the fence (unbeknownst to the cult) to get whomever to "unfriend" me they will verify with damn good credentials I am safe to talk to, and I don't have to tell them myself. Even better, they might wonder why so many people are leaving Scn.

If said friend is still in, they would probably wonder why I am out, and why Scn is lurking online to keep people apart, particularly if it happens several times. Creepy! :omg:

Since everyone I work with already knows my story, if OSA tries to call and 3rd party, then they will simply verify the creepy factor of SCN and increase my credibility on the subject.

The "rational" of hiding behind a mask because I have "crimes" doesn't work. Anyone can contact me and ask questions if they want to. Yes, even OSA. I still haven't changed my email address from my Clearwater days. I have made this offer to the cult before through my older brother (who said he would pass it on) but the cult never has.

Any on the fence lurkers on sites like this one who actually know me will have a friend to contact safely to get advice or reconnect.

Top reason is I don't have to hide anything. If my family or friends can't accept me for who I am, well, I have other friends and adopted family who do. :happydance:

A lot had to happen for me to feel safe to do it. Money sources had to be changed and protected. We left Clearwater in an RV and traveled to a new home, established ourselves, told our story and made many new friends who have become our family. It's not easy to do, but I feel that since I am in this unique position, I had better do it. Besides, I sleep better now. :yes:

There are drawbacks of course. I don't take any pleasure in being disconnected from family. Even if they do talk to me it's just "Good Roads, Good Weather" and on top of that I can't trust any information I do pass on to them won't be forwarded to others in the cult who would try to use it against me somehow. Sometimes I get terribly depressed about the whole absurd situation. :bigcry:

It is my sincere wish the family that remains wakes up and takes control of their life back. I want them in my life so much but I refuse to do it under the terms of the cult. Someone had to make a break for it to lead the way and that was me. Everything I do is to prepare our family for the future, including those still in the cult.

So if living my life out in the open gets those family members harassed in an effort to control me, maybe they will realize who they are supporting with so much time and money is really tearing their family apart. I'm not holding my breath, and maybe I'm crazy, but ya just gotta do what ya gotta! Maybe someday they will all be out and we'll have a party! :party:

Thanks for listening! You all rock! :thumbsup:

Way to go, PAPABEAR!!!

The most terrifying time of my life was when I decided that I was no longer a Scientologist. All of a sudden, all of L Ron Hubbard's most insane and destructive policies applied to ME.

That was back in 2000, when OSA fanatics recruited other fanatics to follow you around, to send people in on you and set up meetings at restaurants where they would have someone sitting at a table nearby to listen in on your conversations.

They can't do that now - there's way too many of us.

And even of they did - what would they hear?

That you liked the fish???

They used to hire private investigators to "find your crimes" so that you could be discredited for what you said about Scientology on the Internet, or in court.

They can't do that now, there's too many of us and every PI they hire drains them of funds.

They used to have teams of computer hackers in the Church of Scientology, people like Jesus Gimenez and Tom Crowley and that Igga Davina guy (or whatever the fuck his fanatic-ass name is) that hacked into the computers of Internet critics. They used to send phishing emails to get you to give them your social security number so they could track you down more.

They can't do that now. It's a Felony to do that now.

We would all love to catch them doing that now. They don't do it anymore - it's too risky for them.

Too many people would LOVE to see a perp-walk on TV featuring David Miscavige.

They used to try to break up business deals you had with other people under their control.

They can't do that now - Larry Wollershiem taught them a 10 million dollar lesson on that one.

Now, all they can do is try to threaten your family and destroy it - IF there are people in your family who are easily controlled.

Now - for every family they destroy, it's a potential headline proving again and again that the Church of Scientology destroys families.

This will eventually destroy their ability to get new recruits.

Now is the time to stand up and expose the fraud and abuse of the Church of Scientology.

There is very little reason to be anonymous any more.

And a whole lot of reason not to be anonymous.

It feels so good to be out from under the tyranny of the Church of Scientology, and to speak freely, to write freely, and to counter or utter on the opinions of others. Finally - just like you always agreed to be when you first became a Scientologist - and unknowingly gave up that right.

Get it back.

Courage is being afraid and doing it anyway.

Have courage.

Exercise your right to the freedom of speech and expose the abuses of the Church of Scientology.

It's now a game where EVERYBODY wins.

Last edited:

Good twin

Floater
I didn't say my name online for quite some time. I told enough details about myself that anyone who knew me could figure it out, but somehow saying my name seemed dangerous.

I know some of your family Chris. I understand how complicated it must be. That being said I know of others who have complicated ties into and throughout the cult. There are lots of friends waiting if and when your dad and brothers decide to break free.

It sounds really hokey, but I have come to believe that love is the key. On the outside we have love. We are able to give and receive love freely. The fact that the cult monitors and restricts love (or tries to) is it's greatest weakness.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good one mate

One of the highest acks you can get in aussie is..."Good one mate"

it is a personal decision that only the person themselves can make to come out in their own name.

We chose to do it early on and it was a liberating experience.

Congrats to you mate. To interject a bit of Kiwi praise "Good As Bro":happydance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
It sounds really hokey, but I have come to believe that love is the key. On the outside we have love. We are able to give and receive love freely. The fact that the cult monitors and restricts love (or tries to) is it's greatest weakness.

Yes, I came to that conclusion as well.

Had I not been getting love from outside all along, I might not have stayed in as long as I did. Hard to say.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good on you for coming out so boldly.

There really is little that this cult can do these days without the spotlight hitting them squarely in the eyes when they do.

Fear of consequences is the only reason I see that people continue to hide.

And, as long as OSA can rely on that, the rest of us are kept in chains to some degree.

Oh yes, OSA still play dirty and follow people and do worse than that. I know this for myself.

But now there's an audience who listen when a victim of fair game speaks up.

So to not speak out now is IMO simply helping the cult protect its hold on those still in. There are so many people who are out but lurking, afraid of consequences.

As far as I'm concerned, you may as well start on your lowers to "rejoin the Bridge to Total bankruptcy" while you're at it. Sorry if that seems harsh, but the cult stays alive only because of the fear it instills in people.

Why aid its survival?

G

Gottabrain

A Bit of Aussie Inspiration

This song came to mind thinking of you. We Aussies know it well, don't we? I'd like to attach it and PM it to you, if that's okay...it's definitely a favourite here:
DON'T DREAM ITS OVER by Crowded House

There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
Theres a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But youll never see the end of the road
While you;re travelling with me

Hey now, hey now
Dont dream its over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win

Now I'm towing my car, theres a hole in the roof
My possessions are causing me suspicion but theres no proof
In the paper today tales of war and of waste
But you turn right over to the t.v. page

Hey now, hey now
Dont dream its over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
We know they wont win

Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum
And I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart
Only shadows ahead barely clearing the roof
Get to know the feeling of liberation and relief

Hey now, hey now
Dont dream its over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
Dont ever let them win

Papabear

Patron
Good on you for coming out so boldly.

There really is little that this cult can do these days without the spotlight hitting them squarely in the eyes when they do.

Fear of consequences is the only reason I see that people continue to hide.

And, as long as OSA can rely on that, the rest of us are kept in chains to some degree.

Oh yes, OSA still play dirty and follow people and do worse than that. I know this for myself.

But now there's an audience who listen when a victim of fair game speaks up.

So to not speak out now is IMO simply helping the cult protect its hold on those still in. There are so many people who are out but lurking, afraid of consequences.

As far as I'm concerned, you may as well start on your lowers to "rejoin the Bridge to Total bankruptcy" while you're at it. Sorry if that seems harsh, but the cult stays alive only because of the fear it instills in people.

Why aid its survival?

I agree! That said, we all must follow our own path. But yeah, if we all stood up and stood our ground at once we would be a force to be reckoned with. Especially if we did it with love and respect. Perhaps it would be rough in the beginning, but honestly many before us have already taken the brunt and made it easy for us to speak out now. I want to respect all those people and their incredible sacrifices by also speaking out clearly and publicly, taking my share of the crap they dish out.

Thank you all for responding, I certainly appreciate it. I hope this helps all of you, it sure helps me!

Merry Christmas!

Chris

G

Gottabrain

You're welcome, Chris.

Have a Merry, Joyous, WONDERFUL Christmas!!:dance3:

(I'll send you the song by PM)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
It took me a long time to state my name even though many people - including OSA of course - knew who I was.

It was a good thing to do. :)

Sue