What's new

Former Anonymous Members Writing a Book About Anonymous

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From Gawker.com:

http://gawker.com/5842222/former-anonymous-members-writing-a-book-about-anonymous

Former Anonymous Members Writing a Book About Anonymous

Two prominent Anonymous associates are shopping around a book detailing the exploits of the hacktivist group from the inside, according to the Observer. But will anyone want to read it?
One co-author, Barrett Brown (above, in a still from an interview with NBC News), is an ex-heroin junkie from Dallas, Texas. He was an Anonymous spokesman until quitting over the direction the group was taking. The other author, Gregg Housh, is from Boston and became a de facto Anonymous spokesman because he appeared in a few news articles during Anonymous' anti-Scientology protests and journalists kept on calling him for comments.

I follow the exploits of Anonymous more closely than a sane person should, but I'm not sure even I would be interested in reading this book, tentatively titled Tales from Inside The Accidental Cyberwar. Anonymous is fascinating on a broad level, but most of the day-to-day details are as sexy as the intricacies of how an office drone manipulates an Excel spreadsheet . You hang out in IRC chat rooms at weird night hours, typing to people of unknown identity and questionable motives, with the weeks of typing punctuated, rarely, by one of the people you've been chatting with turning up in the papers, having been arrested by the Feds.

Housh told the Observer he wants the book to be a "page-turner". Maybe Anonymous members have been helicoptering around the world delivering USB drives full of secret FBI documents and we just don't know about it. We'll see!

I got to meet Gregg last year and he told me some incredible stories about his encounters with the cult and some insider stuff about Anonymous. I'm hoping he includes it all in the book. Actually I'm hoping that a movie eventually gets produced - I'm confident that there is some great material available for one. :yes::happydance:

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
From Gawker.com:

http://gawker.com/5842222/former-anonymous-members-writing-a-book-about-anonymous

I got to meet Gregg last year and he told me some incredible stories about his encounters with the cult and some insider stuff about Anonymous. I'm hoping he includes it all in the book. Actually I'm hoping that a movie eventually gets produced - I'm confident that there is some great material available for one. :yes::happydance:

"spokesman for Anonymous"...I stopped reading there :)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
"spokesman for Anonymous"...I stopped reading there :)

I doubt seriously that Gregg ever represented himself as a spokesman for anonymous. And in one of the other articles it says:

As for the positives, I would say Housh’s apparent honesty throughout:

The publicist made it emphatically clear that Housh didn’t see himself as a spokesman, which is essential.
http://www.observer.com/2011/09/anonymous-book-proposal-yields-author-feuds-and-gossipy-trash-talk/