Former occasional lurker

wog_girl

Patron
Thanks! Quite a few memories popped in my head yesterday. Like signing my billion year contract at age 12, and thinking how silly some of the questions were. Yeah, I'm with the media. They chose me to gather juicy tidbits because I look like a 12 year old girl. :duh: Then I was always late for muster, so I had to run up and down the parking structure until muster was over. After that, I cleaned the rooms in the Fort Harrison all day. In the 2 1/2 months I was there, I lost 15 lbs. I hated it there and begged my mom to let me go home with her when she finished her training. They sent me a freeloader bill for the mandatory courses I took and luxurious lodging I had while I was there. Never mind the hours of free child labor I put in.
I hung out at the NY org a lot as a kid. Went in the sauna, played in the auditorium. We would hang onto the curtain bar and someone would raise it and we'd hang onto it as long as we could. There was a stain on the wood floor of the stage and some kid told me it was from another kid cracking their head.
Juanita would teach us dance moves and we would perform at events. I hung out with Jenny Gambino, the Lipton sisters, Lyci, Penny, Chelsea Bell and her brother - I think his name was Chris? They went to visit their dad in Canada and never returned. We were told he kidnapped them. More like rescued them, I'm sure.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Thank you WG!

Moar!

Because

moar_birds.jpg

:rose: & :cake: (<<<<<<<<<<< non-subtle bribe :D )

Welcome, W Girl! Glad to have another smart, sexy Ex join our Board! :)

Good for you for suing! So what if they settled, You did the right thing?! I wish EVERYONE who was ripped off by COS Cult members WOULD SUE for the money they are owed! :happydance:

Hope you will enjoy your time spent reading and writing here! :)

Leland

Crusader
Welcome, W Girl! Glad to have another smart, sexy Ex join our Board! :)

Good for you for suing! So what if they settled, You did the right thing?! I wish EVERYONE who was ripped off by COS Cult members WOULD SUE for the money they are owed! :happydance:

Hope you will enjoy your time spent reading and writing here! :)

That surely is thread material. Scientology public, x-staff and Scien staff that worked for Scientologist owned companies. AND their giving up legal, law of the land, rights, in disputes with them. Lot of dirt there! Lots of upset! Fuck WISE!

Isme

Patron with Honors
Hello all, I have visited this site a few times over the years and felt it was finally time to join. I spent a couple of hours looking up names of people from my childhood today. My parents got into Scientology a year before they had me, and I was born at home in a silent birth. I grew up in NYC and moved to L.A. as a teenager. I also lived in Clearwater for a few months. My parents were not in the SO, but my sister was, and I was while I was at Flag with my mom. My parents and brother are Scientologists, my sisters and I are not. Hence the username. I look forward to getting to know you. Thanks!

Hello! Glad to see you were able to decide your own future and not forced into the church. :)

wog_girl

Patron
Thanks! I never really felt it was "my" religion or beliefs. I actually went through the RCIA for two years when I was around 18, which is a process where you learn about the Catholic church and are baptized. I wanted to get married in a church, but I had to promise to go through the RCIA. I was drawn to the Catholic church because I thought of it as a normal, acceptable religion. Plus, I like old, historic things and it seems like churches always had those. Lol. I attended church fairly regularly with my husband, went to a group gathering every week at a parishioner's home. Baptized our daughter. Moved out of the area and didn't find a church we clicked with, so we stopped going. Didn't even get our son baptized. So I guess I am religion-less. I try to lead an ethical life and set a good example for my kids. I think Scn soured me on all religions.