ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

FORMER SCIENTOLOGY SPOKESMAN TOMMY DAVIS SUBPOENAED BY MONIQUE RATHBUN

Discussion in 'Monique Rathbun' started by Type4_PTS, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

From the Underground Bunker (Tony Ortega's blog):

2. Type4_PTS

3. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

4. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

My question is this: If they prove that Tommy Davis perjured himself by lying in the Headley case, can the Headleys reopen the law suit? Mimsey

5. Type4_PTS

Good video! I re-posted the link to it over at Tony O's blog in the comments.

6. OhMG

OhMG Patron Meritorious

7. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

A repeated litigation technique of $cientology is to bring tremendous pressure to bear upon a matter of no consequence in order to TRICK the opposing party into deciding that they must lie about something, then pursue the party for that perjury.

This is what was done to Robert Minton in the McPherson cases.

Gerry Armstrong even has a couple $cientology "Evals" on his site to handle past litigations (Chistofferson/Tichbourne in Portland) where this technique's use was planned...

In RTC vs Lerma they placed tremendous emphasis upon all those non disclosure agreements, indemnity bonds, etc that one is asked to sign while one is under the influence of the $cientology induced delusion. Earle C. Cooley during the deposition described HERE. Cooley kept asking, Is THIS your signature? Do you recall signing THIS? - There must have been a dozen of these things... I started thinking, I wonder if Im going to get into a heap of additional trouble for this?

Later in open court, Cooley brought this up before Judge Brinkema, holding a handful of the papers in one hand while waving his arms around... Judge Brinkema almost rolled her eyes, and just shook her head and waved off Cooley with a flick of her right wrist and moved on.

It also struck me how unfair litigation seemed to be to a party who was telling the truth, while the other is lying through their teeth, because it seemed so often that after hearing both sides, it would would judged that the truth lies somewhere between the two opposing claims...

I did not learn that this was a technique used by sociopaths...(ilk without conscience) until recently..

page 104, Political Ponerology by Andrew M. Lobaczewski

"Reverse Blockade: emphatically insisting upon something which is the opposite of the truth blocks the average person's mind from perceiving the truth. In accordance with the dictates of healthy common sense, he starts searching for meaning in the "golden mean" between truth and its opposite, winding up with some satisfactory counterfeit. People who think like this do not realize that this effect is precisely the intent of the person who subjects them to this method. "

---------

This is also an extension of a technique used by psychopaths (note) called "projection", which is also used by Hubbard, of projection upon others, that is, blaming others for one's own transgressions.

So going after, and pointing out to a judge, every LIE, half truth, and omission of truth might just be the key to besting the masters of deception and induced confusion doing business as $cientology and related entities and front groups.

--------

(Note) "In their paper, "Construct Validity of Psychopathy in a Community Sample... Salekin, Trobst, and Krioukova write "Psychopathy as originally conceived by Cleckley (1941) is not limited to engagement in illegal activities, but rather encompasses such personality characteristics as manipulativeness, insincerity, egocentricity , and lack of guilt - characteristics clearly present in criminals but also in spouses, parents, bosses, attorneys and politicians, and CEOs, to name but a few. (bursten. 1973; Stewart, 1991)...As such. psychopathy may be characterized...as involving a tendency towards dominance and coldness. Wiggens (1995) in summarizing numerous previous findings..indicates such persons are prone to anger and irritation and are willing to exploit others. They are arrogant, manipulative, cynical, exhibitionistic, sensation-seeking, Machiavellian, vindictive and out for their own gain. With respect to their patterns of social exchange (Foa & Foa, 1974), they attribute love and status to themselves, seeing themselves as highly worthy and important, but prescribe neither love nor status to others, seeing them as unworthy and insignificant. " Page 89, Political Ponerology, footnote

PS: I wish activists would read this post a 2nd time, and really get it...because I wish someone had explained these things to me 20 years ago, - it might have prevented a number of stress induced deaths of good people if I (or anyone willing to explain it to us) had grasped this data then rather than more recently.

Conclusion: A person will more willingly endure injustice If first convinced that they are guilty of something.

Worked for "Ron" didn't it?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  8. PTS

PTS Elliott

Now I wonder, will Tommy Davis make it go right, or will he tell the truth?
    No matter...
    The dominoes, they is a falling!

[video=youtube;BmlnltVzksg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmlnltVzksg[/video]

9. Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid Patron Meritorious

Now Tommy must lie or lose contact with his mother, even though 'there is no disconnection in Scientology'. Karma is a bitch.

10. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

If only he would explain THAT to the judge.... THAT might end $cientology...

11. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

12. Xenu's Boyfriend

Xenu's Boyfriend Silver Meritorious Patron

OH SHIT. This is really getting good. And Tommy thought he was done....

Hey Tommy: I'm angry. Real angry.

13. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

14. FlunkYou

FlunkYou Patron with Honors

There's one part of this video that doesn't make sense to me. Beghe is quoted as saying "they even kicked my 4 year old son out of a fucking scientology school"

My son went to daycare with his son when this was going on. It wasn't a school, but a daycare run by a scn lady who was dying of cancer.

As far as I know, they bought a house in Malibu, quietly (at the time) quit scn, and pulled their son. Of course that could have been the cover story, but I'm pretty sure the loose-lipped lady who divulged everyone's business running the daycare would have let it slip that she gave them the boot. It wasn't until a month or so after they left that I found out he had quit the cult.

Maybe she did ask them to leave, but, again they did purchase a house about an hour away...so making that drive for a daycare would be a bit crazy IMHO.

15. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

I seriously doubt that Tommy thought he was done...I betcha dollars against doughnuts that his sphincter has been tight and trembling wondering what foot would fall when. :yes:

Face:)

16. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

You know, face, when you're talking to Xenu's Boyfriend you probably shouldn't be mentioning Tommy's tight and trembling sphincter, just sayin.

17. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Awesome! I want to see that lying little shithead squirm.

18. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Man, I would love to see the list of questions that Jefferey will ask Davis. He is going to get Davis to purjure himself somehow which means he has information from somewhere that will pin Davis.

Confusion technique doesn't seem to have quite the same effect as it once did.
    The church has to counter-oppose its own statements in order to maintain it's legal strategy which seems to be, "We have enough rope now to hang ourselves now and will proceed to do so."

19. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

Excerpt from the Underground Bunker (Tony Ortega's blog):

If things don't go so well in court, his next position at the firm could be:

Tommy Davis
    Mail Room I/C
    Austin, Texas (Austin, Texas Area) | Venture Capital & Private Equity

20. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

he will have an "office" in that trendy building where you can rent a chair, so you can use the adress. i forget the name of it. evidently the little tech upstarts there have all gone downstat;)