What's new

Former workers file EEOC complaints saying Grant Cardone forced Scientology on them

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Former workers file EEOC complaints saying Grant Cardone forced Scientology on them.

Tony Ortega has the story.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/08/12/fo...ing-grant-cardone-forced-scientology-on-them/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

We’ve been talking to Florida attorney Richard Celler about the religious discrimination lawsuit he filed on behalf of a man name David Bunting who is suing a Tampa medical services CEO, Vick Tipnes, for allegedly forcing Scientology courses on him, and firing him when Bunting refused. We told Celler how much Tipnes reminded us of another colorful businessman, motivational speaker Grant Cardone, who is also a Scientologist and is someone Tipnes cites as a mentor.

What a coincidence, Celler told us. He had clients who were also making religious discrimination claims against Cardone.

Celler sent us copies of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission complaints he’s made on behalf of three clients who submitted discrimination claims after being fired by Cardone’s Miami Beach business.

Donald Bradley was fired on June 10, 2015. Pedro Orozco on January 4 of this year. And Michelle Ceglarek four days later. All three worked for Cardone’s Miami Beach business, at 300 71st St, and each of them has filed claims that they were let go because they refused to submit to Scientology training.

[SNIP]

EEOC Claims Donald Bradley
Michelle Ceglarek
Pedro Orozco

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

Re: Former workers file EEOC complaints saying Grant Cardone forced Scientology on th

The following thread is relevant to this story: Scientology listing the BUSINESSES that have “all their staff” on RELIGIOUS service

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ve-%93all-their-staff%94-on-RELIGIOUS-service

First Post from that thread:

Scientology Flag Land Base listing the BUSINESSES that have “all their staff” on Scientology RELIGIOUS service, including Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts.

Mike Rinder: Flag “OT” News
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/flag-ot-news/

Be sure to see the excerpt of Mike's comment, as well as my comment, below.

otnews001.jpg

otnews002.jpg

EXCERPT FROM MIKE'S COMMENT:

Woww — they are listing the BUSINESSES that have “all their staff” on service.​

Wonder if this is going to be used the next time one of these business is sued for enforcing scientology on their employees. Every time in the past they have tried to claim “Oh, they have a choice” (and they generally lose), but this pretty much confirms it — AND THEY PUT IT IN WRITING!

COMMUNICATOR IC: PLEASE ALSO NOTE above this includes the "local Boy Scout Troop" and the "local Cub Scout Troop."

otnews003.jpg

otnews004.jpg

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Re: Former workers file EEOC complaints saying Grant Cardone forced Scientology on th

Oh my! Is that gunpowder I smell?

:footbullet:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Read it! Just read it. What does it mean? Absolutely nothing. If ever one could wish to see an example of pure, unadulterated psychobabble, well, this has to be it IMO.
booLo2o.jpg

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Grant_Cardone_Gold-e1470949163529.jpg

Grant "douchebag" Cardone.

Please - everyone copy and pate this photo everywhere you can on the Internet...so when people look him up - they see the material boy who has been completely and utterly bamboozled by Scientology!

12046946_10153557773893563_3579441887362473867_n.jpg

CommunicatorIC

Starting 11:20 Steven Mango appears to allege that Grant Cardone makes money making bridge loans (no pun intended) to Scientologists to pay for their Bridge to Total Freedom.

[video=youtube;O1w5XntLiHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1w5XntLiHM[/video]

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Starting 11:20 Steven Mango appears to allege that Grant Cardone makes money making bridge loans (no pun intended) to Scientologists to pay for their Bridge to Total Freedom.

[video=youtube;O1w5XntLiHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1w5XntLiHM[/video]

Terrific video Steven!

Some random notes:

--the intro seems to think that you alleged things vs. Grant Cardone, but that was only an "example and you made it quite clear it wasn't Grant Cardone that made "bridge loans".

--there is a difference between asking for the money to be PUT BACK ON YOUR ACCOUNT and asking for the money to be DIRECTLY REFUNDED TO YOU. They are different. However, I think there could be a compelling legal reason to first see if you can get them to re-credit the funds back to your account as the first (predicate) action in a broader strategy to possibly force them into refunding the $$$ on your account back to you.

--I would imagine that you do not have COPIES of any paperwork that would have entitled another party (e.g. a staff member, reg, et al) to have access to your account. I further assume that you were never offered any copies and that if you HAD asked for your copy, you would have been denied same.

--If you signed over some type of "Power of Attorney", there would typically be a form that you would sign and NOTARIZE. The POA would specify EXACTLY what the party was and wasn't able to do.

--If you gave some type of "Fiduciary" role to another party (e.g. money manager, investment manager, bookkeeper, financial advisor, et al) then there are very specific LEGAL requirements and duties to the party who is the fiduciary. For example, they would have to have disclosed (up front) any "conflict of interest" whereby they or their organization would become the beneficiary of how they decided to distribute/spend/donate the funds. This would also include if anyone received a "commission" which is a huge no-no if it is not disclosed properly in advance.

--you may have done something as simple as authorize someone to speak to your charge card company on your behalf ("adding them to your account" in some fashion as an "authorized party"). Key to this entire scam (legally) is whether you granted anyone the right (IN WRITING) to make donations or distributions or direct funds out of your services account, to another Scn destination.

That last one has serious legal implications.

I strongly suggest you look into securing an attorney to (minimally) give you a free introductory consultation (normal) to see if they think they can be of help to you in recovering the funds or some part of same. There may be excellent conduits you can reach out to for a referral to an atty who knows his way around such a dilemma (e.g. Mike Rinder, or others who used an attorney to successfully claw back some of the money Scn defrauded them out of)

The biggest legal hook I see is IF SCN STAFF MOVED FUNDS OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT YOUR WRITTEN PERMISSION or IF SCN STAFF DEBITED YOUR CHARGE CARDS WITHOUT YOUR WRITTEN PERMISSION. This is why it is vital that you search your records for any such paperwork that you may have casually signed.

Even if you don't have copies and the church denies they can find any copies, that could be a critical crack in the wall to help open up this case. Or 're" open this case, if the statute of limitations has run out.

ANOTHER SUBJECT: I don't think you said that you (personally) borrowed money from another Scientologist. You were talking about others that you heard of, right? However, you might be interested to know that IF a Scientologist (private party) loaned money to another Scientologist and charged exorbitant interest--that is likely to be deemed illegal and reversible. There are heavy statutes about interest rates exceeding (for example) ten percent per annum, and such "hard money" loans are necessarily characterized as "USURY", if the party is not properly licensed to charge more than that APR. You mentioned (perhaps just to make a point) that they might have charged 40% interest per annum; which would certainly be ruled "USURIOUS" and illegal. The specter of a Scientologist (personally) becoming entangled in a financial investigation with state agencies might, alone, be sufficient for OSA to order that the party "clean it up" and pay back all the money they illegally charged. Again, I don't know if this "loan scheme" applies to you.

If it was me, I would find the "right" lawyer to talk to to determine if I had a case and the cost of same (unless they are willing to take it "on a contingency basis" (where they get paid a healthy percentage if they win and nothing if they lose). Not many attorneys would relish the idea of working a case vs. Scientology on contingency, considering that the COS is notorious for litigating every matter to death in a war of attrition.

Steven, I really hope you can find a legal source of advice to guide you. I know it is insanely frustrating to try to get anything done with Scientologists. Probably because they are insane. LOL

Good luck, dude, I truly wish you can find an angle to kick their lying, defrauding asses!

CommunicatorIC

Terrific video Steven!

Some random notes:

--the intro seems to think that you alleged things vs. Grant Cardone, but that was only an "example and you made it quite clear it wasn't Grant Cardone that made "bridge loans".
The "intro" to the quoted post and video was by me. Sorry if I misconstrued, misinterpreted to misrepresented the video. I tried to make clear what I thought was the ambiguity of Steven's video and my uncertainty by using the phrase, "appears to allege." I wasn't quite sure why Steven mentioned Grant, other than to allege or imply something.

I cross-posted this because this is the first I heard about wealthy Scientologists making money by making loans to other Scientologists to go up the Bridge to Total Freedom, and I've heard a lot over the years.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

It seems to me that scientology has got a lot worse than it was when I was in during the '80s and '90s.

Steven says that most scientologists give a reg all of their financial details. What? In all my time in scientology I never did that and I never heard of anyone else doing it. I would have considered anyone doing that to be nuts, even when I was in the cult.

Also I don't understand how money can go missing from your account. They're supposed to send you a monthly Statement Of Account that lists all transactions in and out of your account so you can see if anything goes missing. After I left scientology I kept getting Statements from AOSH UK telling me I owed them money. I got tired of this so I got all of the receipts I could find and checked them against their Statement Of Account and found they had made a mistake and in fact they owed me money. So I wrote to them pointing out their error and asked for a repayment, which I promptly received.

As for postulate checks and scientology public lending money to other public, that was all forbidden when I was in.

As regards IAS donations, they are supposed to be accompanied by a signed donation slip that says you realise this is a non-refundable donation. Ask the IAS to show you all of the slips you signed. I bet they can't. I did that and got $50,000 of "non-refundable" donations refunded.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Grant_Cardone_Gold-e1470949163529.jpg

Grant Cardone IS the END PRODUCT of Scientology.

A being who LOVES money so much - he will destroy everyone to get it - including himself.

I think Grant is now on that down ward spiral everyone eventually gets from $cientology.

It leads to death.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

The "intro" to the quoted post and video was by me. Sorry if I misconstrued, misinterpreted to misrepresented the video. I tried to make clear what I thought was the ambiguity of Steven's video and my uncertainty by using the phrase, "appears to allege." I wasn't quite sure why Steven mentioned Grant, other than to allege or imply something.

I cross-posted this because this is the first I heard about wealthy Scientologists making money by making loans to other Scientologists to go up the Bridge to Total Freedom, and I've heard a lot over the years.

Scientologists asking other Scientologists for loans for services was a common practice, at least I found it so back when I was in.

Now getting PAID BACK was a sufficiently rare experience that I quickly adopted a policy of "If the banks don't consider you a good enough credit risk to give you a loan, then neither do I".

StevenMango

I was on the Purif with Grant Cardone when I was in Scientology. I never got a Bridge loan.... but I know that guys LIKE Grant Cardone who were wealthy did give them to other parishoners. I don't have first hand knowledge of Grant doing so.

Thanks for sharing my video :thumbsup:

Jump

Operating teatime

I was on the Purif with Grant Cardone when I was in Scientology. I never got a Bridge loan.... but I know that guys LIKE Grant Cardone who were wealthy did give them to other parishoners. I don't have first hand knowledge of Grant doing so.

Thanks for sharing my video :thumbsup:

Hi Steven!

Could you comment for the record on the way reg commission works? Say some keen fired up [STRIKE]dupe[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]mark[/STRIKE] student stumps up 100k because their [STRIKE]tax records[/STRIKE] [strike]inheritance[/strike] tech estimate required that. What commission does the reg get?

How much can a scientology registrar [STRIKE]scam[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]swindle[/STRIKE] earn doing this over time?

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

This is new....Grant's wife Elena has gone on FB soliciting "commendations" for her husband. Hmmm....people don't usually solicit commendations unless they need them to combat some attack.

Is he under Comm Ev from WISE or Flag? (Alert, this is PURE speculation.)

He's been around long enough he may be coming under fire from the very group he supports the most. I've seen it before. That's how Scn rolls.

I can verify she is asking for commendations, but unknown what the circumstances are. She's presenting it as "just something nice I'm doing for him, for the man who has everything" etc.

I can't help but think there's a serious "need" for this solicitation.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

This is new....Grant's wife Elena has gone on FB soliciting "commendations" for her husband. Hmmm....people don't usually solicit commendations unless they need them to combat some attack.

I agree that this sounds like he's under some sort of "ethics" action or investigation.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

I agree that this sounds like he's under some sort of "ethics" action or investigation.

Maybe just maybe it will wake him up . . . (Don't anyone hold your breath - this man could buy his way out of anything - and if he is under investigation, that is the reason why - to suck him dry - get more money).

(Where is that person who wanted stories of financial ruin? Might want to keep an eye on this saga.)

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Maybe just maybe it will wake him up . . . (Don't anyone hold your breath - this man could buy his way out of anything - and if he is under investigation, that is the reason why - to suck him dry - get more money).

(Where is that person who wanted stories of financial ruin? Might want to keep an eye on this saga.)

Yes, that would be a typical extortion game: find something that could get "Ethics" involved, and then offer him a way out, if he just buys some intensives of sec-checking and/or a big "donation" to either IAS or the Ideal Orgs fund.

CommunicatorIC

He's been around long enough he's probably coming under fire from the very group he supports the most. I've seen it before. That's how Scn rolls.

I can verify she is asking for commendations, but unknown what the circumstances are. She's presenting it as "just something nice I'm doing for him, for the man who has everything" etc.

Cross-posted to WWP thread:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/grant-cardone-thread.120218/page-3#post-2612750

/

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander

Could be something harmless enough . . . like maybe he's trying to route onto OT 9 & 10. :whistling:

Leland

Crusader

Sounds kinda like: "Would you sign my A to E?"

Geeze....I'd forgotten about that. :confused2:

Cult members hitting you up in the Orgs hallway....kinda sheepishly....with paper in hand. :unsure:

But SOLICITATION of Commendations.......wow, that takes the cake.