"Free Barbara" Protest, Los Angeles, February 1..

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
A small group of people showed up. Journalist Mark Ebner drove up on his scooter & we had a long chat. While I was talking to Mark, a public walked up to us & said we'd make better use of our time protesting big corporations & pharmaceutical companies that are killing people. When I asked him about Scientology killing people, he scampered away. When Mark said he had to leave to attend a Clippers game, he realized he had left his scooter running while we were talking & now had a dead battery. Luckily, I was parked a block away & gave Mark a jump.

I learned later from a source that Barbara Cardova Oliver's location has been confirmed.

[video=youtube;ABfypu9nDYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABfypu9nDYs[/video]

Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader
A smile group of people showed up. Journalist Mark Ebner drove up on his scooter & we had a long chat. While I was talking to Mark, a public walked up to us & said we'd make better use of our time protesting big corporations & pharmaceutical companies that are killing people. When I asked him about Scientology killing people, he scampered away. When Mark said he had to leave to attend a Clippers game, he realize that he left his scooter running when he was talking to me & now his battery was dead. Luckily, I was parked a block away & gave Mark a jump.

I'm not happy about what transpired today. But any protest is better than none, I guess. Today's protest would have been just as effective if someone had tacked a protest poster to a tree. I learned later from a source that Barbara Cardova Oliver's location has been confirmed.

[video=youtube;ABfypu9nDYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABfypu9nDYs[/video]

Damn all the old farts are out trying to handle nothing

PTS

Elliott
Thanks Smurf for keeping people like me so far from ground central in the loop. Looks like you had a beautiful day, if kind of windy day, for your picket.

There must be some legal recourse against the cult for capturing and running license plates. I am unfamiliar with US law but in Canada it is a criminal offense to use our CPIC system for other than a valid bona fide law enforcement reason. In fact only people empowered as peace officers are permitted access, and every query is logged to a user ID.

With such strong emphasis on individual rights and privacy from state scrutiny in the USA it seems like a good thing to get up in arms about anyway.