What's new

Free Speech on ESMB

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
That last one ("legitimacy") is particularly fascinating because it prevents non-believers or former members ("apostates") from speaking directly about how ridiculous many of these religious hoaxes are. By way of example, let's assume today (2014) that one of ESMB's members began a thread about how they (and they alone) had discovered the secrets of God and the universe--by putting their head in a hat and using magically powered "seer stones". After this individual began making thundering announcements of who on this board was going to be "saved" and who was being sent to hell (for disobeying his messianic dogma), the members here would very quickly tear that thread (and its guru) apart in a maelstrom of rejection & ridicule.

Isn't that why L. Ron Hubbard put his own head in his hat (Pack) and channeled the word of God in declaring the "High Crime" of "joking & degrading"?

The point I think I want to make, above all others, is the extraordinary lengths that any cult will go in order to hide its astonishingly stupid origins. The continuous layering behind legitimate sounding/appearing facades prevent the world from dismissing the entire religious racket without giving it a second thought. [...]

I LOVE this posting. :bighug: :rose:

For people who like exciting books on the sophisticated side of "popular science" which are still relatively easy to understand: Richard Dawkins has written a lot about this very aspect of religions (and not cults alone), using the by now pretty famous "meme metaphors".

phenomanon

Canyon
(snippity)

Insulting a personality type, is the same to me as insulting an actual poster because they DO have particular posters in mind when they insult such personality type and are hiding behind that for protection because they didn't insult directly.

That's my opinion.

It is the same thing., but will prevent the poster from being banned. * Some* people use that fact to bait and troll *other people*. :coolwink:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It is the same thing., but will prevent the poster from being banned. * Some* people use that fact to bait and troll *other people*. :coolwink:

And not only people. Haven't you seen those posts that decry robot auditing in general without being specific about which robot?

Despicable.

Paul

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Free speech is never free on a forum, you have rules and if they are broken
your ability to have a voice is curtailed if not outright denied.

its the price of admission:coolwink:

There is also the matter of listening, if you get to long winded and or
boorish people will do the natural banning of withdrawing their ear to
what you are saying:blah:

So yeah Free Speech open exchange but everything including speech
has its costs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Y0SMitMpk

The_Fixer

Class Clown
There is a huge difference between tolerance and criticism free posting. Anyone can post anything here that does not violate the rules. However, you can't post here and expect not to have what you write analyzed and critiqued. That's not people being mean; this is what happens when there is a free flow of information and opinions. Issues in threads really seem to happen when other people get butthurt and outraged on behalf of other people because there are contrary opinions being posted. If you want an echo chamber, try Facebook.

I think that Terrill actually faces most of the criticism and tweaking he gets with grace. When he's violated the rules, he gets modded and moves on.

I reckon that free speech is an ideal. It does not exist in reality.

Anything you say (or write) comes with a price tag attached to it.

Lone Star

Crusader
"Immediately after the distress of those days "'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken....' "

....and nefarious apostates will claim to have lunar visions of asses from Down Under.

--Matthew wrote dat.....well, most of it anyway.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
OK, does the free zone or the independent field allow you to freely discuss your case?

If so, then why don't they?

The whole time I was in, most success stories consisted of:

"I blew out all the stops to my case."

"I finally handled everything that was stopping me."

"I'm so keyed out, I don't know where to begin, LRH is amazing, he knew what was stopping me."

"You have to do this rundown, it saved my life."

"All the barriers are just gone."

" I know now what was holding me back."

But if they weren't restricted from talking about it they still wouldn't be able to tell you why because they don't really know why they feel so good.

Two days or six months later, they aren't very keyed out, those barriers are back and all those things that were handled are rearing their ugly head again.

I saw it time and time again.

It's because the cult forbids discussing one's case and also has a prohibition against discussing anything confidential.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but from what I recall, those are two major reasons.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
OK, does the free zone or the independent field allow you to freely discuss your case?

The whole time I was in, most success stories consisted of:

"I blew out all the stops to my case."

"I finally handled everything that was stopping me."

"I'm so keyed out, I don't know where to begin, LRH is amazing, he knew what was stopping me."

"You have to do this rundown, it saved my life."

"All the barriers are just gone."

" I know now what was holding me back."

But if they weren't restricted from talking about it they still wouldn't be able to tell you why because they don't really know why they feel so good.

Two days or six months later, they aren't very keyed out, those barriers are back and all those things that were handled are rearing their ugly head again.

Freethinker, that's a good question. I will say yes and no. Not to be unhelpful or indirect but here's what I noticed:

According to "tech", no, you can't ever.

The FZ doesn't have a uniform approach to this stuff.

I've noticed different practitioners being all over the map re who's a tech purist and to what degree. And consider this: just by being IN the FZ, they're diverging from tech and policy. They generally don't uphold illegal pc references- or at least nowhere to the extent that CofS does, even before the days of Miscavige.

So if someone discusses his or her case or talks about bts, nothing much can get enforced on him. I suppose if he really pisses off his practitioner, he or she may dump him but then the person can go to another one who isn't mad at him. The only other thing they may be able to do to him is smear him. Sadly, the FZ is not immune from such behaviors among various cliques, cabals, yahoo group lists, etc.

And, yes, I totally agree that the stuff tends to come back in on the person. John and I were just mentioning the other day that this happens.
I think maybe some stuff gets better for the person and stays better but it's very common for it to "key out" or be ameliorated for a while then come back.

Terril park

Sponsor

They can't stop one. Mostly they wouldn't want to.
Here is an example of such discussion from me. Also
I commented about this on my last auditing, L-11, and
my auditor had no problems with it.

27th January 2014, 01:42 AM #1014
Sponsor

Terril park's Avatar Join Date
Jan 2007
Default Re: I have an MU on Indies
Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFrog View Post

Terril, you are agreeing that you've had "mysterious moments" but you frequently claim you know what was happening, which makes them the opposite of mysterious.

When it happened I had no idea what was happening, and I'd never
experienced anything like it before. Initially I thought I was a twin or
double thetan. Then I realised I had split into two beings, or separated
from someone theta clear or above. She was totally happy existing
without a body, and I had the most intense affinity flows of my existence
to date. Later someone told me this seemed like "twin flames"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_flame

There are several theories as to the why and how of twin flames. Its
definitely not rocket science!

There is also the hubbardian theory that I created a duplicate me, or
another thetan. Which theory is correct I havn't been able to yet decide.

You may not think it but I'm a very grounded person. This experience
is as real, or more real, as anything I have experienced.

Were I to meet this person in some future time incarnate it would
be magickal and wonderful.

Read some twin flame forums. It'll blow your socks off.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

The problem with Scientology, is that the wins don't last NEARLY as long as the credit card bills.

RogerB

Crusader

. . . . Snipped . . . .

Alan Walter solved that conundrum with his "Ascension crash and burn" handling tech.

It was and is one of the great goofs and stupidities of the Scientology KSW thing.

"Wins" didn't last and "He who rose above the bank" did not think to find out why :duh:

R

Last edited:

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
training is 50% of the con:eyeroll: case,bank,key outs,wins, ksw
yeah I still speak the language but I don't buy the horseshit ideas that goes with it.

freethinker

Sponsor
If it was you, who split into two beings, then why would you have to meet that person in the future to communicate on the idea that it was YOU who split in two?

They can't stop one. Mostly they wouldn't want to.
Here is an example of such discussion from me. Also
I commented about this on my last auditing, L-11, and
my auditor had no problems with it.

27th January 2014, 01:42 AM #1014
Sponsor

Terril park's Avatar Join Date
Jan 2007
Default Re: I have an MU on Indies
Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFrog View Post

Terril, you are agreeing that you've had "mysterious moments" but you frequently claim you know what was happening, which makes them the opposite of mysterious.

When it happened I had no idea what was happening, and I'd never
experienced anything like it before. Initially I thought I was a twin or
double thetan. Then I realised I had split into two beings, or separated
from someone theta clear or above. She was totally happy existing
without a body, and I had the most intense affinity flows of my existence
to date. Later someone told me this seemed like "twin flames"

There are several theories as to the why and how of twin flames. Its
definitely not rocket science!

There is also the hubbardian theory that I created a duplicate me, or
another thetan. Which theory is correct I havn't been able to yet decide.

You may not think it but I'm a very grounded person. This experience
is as real, or more real, as anything I have experienced.

Were I to meet this person in some future time incarnate it would
be magickal and wonderful.

Read some twin flame forums. It'll blow your socks off.

Terril park

Sponsor
If it was you, who split into two beings, then why would you have to meet that person in the future to communicate on the idea that it was YOU who split in two?

I definitely did something akin to split in 2. Because she would be my other half or self.

A more new age take on this.
http://www.soulevolution.org/twinflames/twinflames.htm

Then there is the way out there direction.
http://www.why-twin-flames-run.com

I don't have a lot in the way of answers.

I would dearly love to meet again.

Gib

Crusader
training is 50% of the con:eyeroll: case,bank,key outs,wins, ksw
yeah I still speak the language but I don't buy the horseshit ideas that goes with it.

yah, what I figured out, is training being 50% of the wins is actually

how to teach others to believe in the con, while teaching oneself to believe in the con. :laugh:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Alan Walter solved that conundrum with his "Ascension crash and burn" handling tech.

It was and is one of the great goofs and stupidities of the Scientology KSW thing.

"Wins" didn't last and "He who rose above the bank" did not think to find out why :duh:

R

Nobody "rose above the bank" because there is no bank to rise above.

:no:

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Forum Rules

1. Treat others with respect.
You are to respect every other user on the board despite any personal, religious and political differences. The following will not be tolerated:

Personal insults
Ad hominems
Threats or promotion of violence
My post was a joke. The "torture methods" that I suggested are presented in Hubbard's book, A History of Man. As you might know, it is not about torturing human beings, it is all about the torture of spirits (thetans). I was hoping for humorous responses from the audience. I suspect that a mod didn't like the post's title and removed the post without reading it.