What's new

freedom magazine dedicated to sp times

The creepy private investor pictures of people's homes along with the character assassinations would have made L. Ron Hubbard proud. It's too bad Hubbard is not around to see his protege David Miscavige emulate his him so well and implement his evil policies to perfection. I bet Ron is smiling down from his spaceship right now at the twist paranoid train wreck of an organization he created

Yep this is the type of official church publication only a Scientologist could be proud of

Page 75

3545cd7856.png

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Since ESMB is hardly a notorious anti-Scientology site, does that mean then that we are grassy knollers? Sounds like "holy rollers." I like it. :)

Paul

karokahn

Patron
I cant wait to see if I received one in the mail. Am out of town now, but back Monday. I live in Pinellas County.

karokahn

Patron
And Miscavige is hanging out of the window on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository ... shooting blanks

That would be his sex life. lol.

I wonder what folks on this board think about the stats that are listed in the piece. They basically claimed to have doubled in 5 years. That is a 12% annual growth rate using the rule of 72.

I wonder what folks on this board think about the stats that are listed in the piece. They basically claimed to have doubled in 5 years. That is a 12% annual growth rate using the rule of 72.

There is a reason they felt the need to put out an 80 page propaganda rag and mail it to the local public ... and it's not because their membership is increasing

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron

Their stats are all about new buildings - none about any actual delivery of any Scientology. Probably because they don't deliver any.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
"...shot their wad..."

Not the best word choice given the phrase's often use in a sexual connotation.

Maybe they don't know that given SO restrictions on 2D and all. :confused2:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Let's see:

- The True Face of Scientology:
Unparalleled Growth Since 2004

18,071 Scientology Churches, Missions and groups
in 165 nations, doubled since 2004 [unverifiable]

Total assets and property holdings of the Church
of Scientology doubled since 2004 [real estate assets possibly; unlikely re total assets]

Church premises increased from 5.6 million square
feet to more than 11 million square feet since 2004 [possible]

170 buildings acquired by the Church in the world's
major population centers since 2004 [possible]

401,003 square feet of construction of new
premises completed in the first half of 2009 [possible, but unknown what they count on the stat. How about redoing half the inside of the SP Bldg. — would that count?]

500,000 square feet of Church premises
currently under construction in Brussels, Rome,
Tel Aviv, Quebec, Mexico City, Las Vegas and
Washington, DC [possible, but maybe they're not working on it every week]

Number of individuals completing Dianetics and
Scientology counseling and courses doubled in the
past two years [very possible with all the basics courses that weren't being delivered before, but they're not all doing auditor training, are they?]

Total number of counseling hours doubled in the
past decade [this could mean that the total hours were 10 million in 1998, 3 million in 2002, and are now 6 million. Or could be true. Or could be false.]

Total number of people newly introduced to
Scientology and starting on training or counseling
doubled in the past five years [who knows? Too waffly to know what is being counted]

L. Ron Hubbard awarded three Guinness World
Records in the past three years:
• Most published works by a single author: 1,084
• Most audiobook titles on earth: 185
• Most translated author in the world: 71 languages [probably accurate]

80 million L. Ron Hubbard books and lectures
on Dianetics and Scientology distributed in the
last decade, compared to 5.6 million in the prior
decade [?]

60 million books and lectures distributed in the
past two years-more than the combined total in
the first 50 years of Dianetics and Scientology [could be. Needs some sleuthing to compare figures]

The Church's Bridge Publications in Los Angeles
and New Era Publicalions in Copenhagen
combined production capabilities increased
660 percent since 2007 [probably true]

Bridge Publications and New Era Publications
established as the world's largest all-digital, on-
demand publishers, with combined capacity of
500,000 books per week (26 million per year) and
925,000 CDs per week (48 million per year) [probably true]

12.4 million L. Ron Hubbard Dianetics and
Scientology books placed in 97,997 libraries in
155 countries since July 2007 [false in terms of books on shelves, although that number may possibly have been shipped out to them]

112.4 million online visitors from 234 countries
viewed more than 23 million videos on the
Scientology website in the past year [False. The number of countries varies depending on which source one takes, so 234 is not completely impossible. Alexa says the average time on the site is about 2 minutes and it has been around that for two years. Daily global reach = about .004%, maybe .005%, 1 person out of 20-25,000. Total internet population = 1,500 million. So 1/20,000, say 1/15,000 of that = 100,000 people. Even if it is 100,000 DIFFERENT people every day, i.e. each new day has new people and the same person never returns to the site in the year, that's one million in 10 days or 35 million in a year. Maybe they're counting Markab internet reaches too.]

Paul

karokahn

Patron
Their new printing facility is as much to do with getting LRH stuff out all over the world as much as it is to be able to rapidly respond to bad PR. This piece, you have to admit, is pretty impressive as PR goes. However it gives the impression that the religion is a one man show. That is, DM oversees everything. We all know this is true, but I would have suggested that they project that many committees were working on these things, yes DM was very active and a leader, but the piece makes this whole deal look like an org run by one man. That would be worrying to me as a potential seeker.

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
The creepy private investor pictures of people's homes along with the character assassinations would have made L. Ron Hubbard proud. It's too bad Hubbard is not around to see his protege David Miscavige emulate his him so well and implement his evil policies to perfection. I bet Ron is smiling down from his spaceship right now at the twist paranoid train wreck of an organization he created

During the 1930's, an anti American film was produced by the
Soviet communists to be shown to Russian peasants. It was intended
to depict the evils of capitalism. It depicted, ala "Grapes of Wrath",
the plight of homeless "oakies" on the road to California. The film was
withdrawn when the audiences did not respond as expected.
The peasant audiences ended up "oohing and aahing" when they noticed the
beautiful Model A automobiles and pickup trucks these "downtrodden" American peasants
universally possessed which were depicted in long convoys on the
road west.

An obvious reaction to the pictures of apparantly ramshackle quarters these
once high level and long serving scientology executives are reduced to.
Is "that's all they have after so many years, decades, of service"?
Perhaps the pictures are intended as a warning to would be defectors?
Are they meant to demonstrate how "down stat" they are?
Perhaps, though modest these digs are, they are better than most
scientology staff accomodations. And, there are no bars on the
windows nor razor wire fences around them!

I'm certain that most non brainwashed readers will have the same
reaction that Chuck had....they are creepy. They are an example
of what scientology is really all about.

Last edited:
Supposedly this is being sent to the subscribers of the SP times:

"...The Scilons have just mailed out an 80 page Freedom Magazine that attacks all of the sources for the first round of SP Times articles exposing the atrocities that occur in Scilonville everyday. It was mailed out to just about everyone on the SP Times mailing list in Florida. "

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/312-...freedom-magazine-strikes-back-sp-times-50352/

Correction: It's being sent to every house in the SPtimes publication area:

"...This mailing is not going to the SP Times mailing list. Everyone on my street got copies. I've never subscribed or purchased from the SP Times and am not on their list. The mags are addressed to RESIDENT along with the individual house addresses. How far and wide C o S sends their mag remains to be seen. People with "Clearwater" addresss? Or everyone in Pinellas County? I know at least one person in another neighborhood who should have (but didn't) receive a copy yet. We'll know more when all the mailings have been delivered."

"...Mailing went out to St. Pete and surrounding areas. They carpet bombed ALL addresses as far as we can tell. At first, my Florida sources that reported in all got them and were SP times subscribers so we made the assumption.

F5 buttons are going to be busy tonight. The Scilons let the cat out of the bag on this one. Going to have to come up with a new word for what comes tonight. It will no doubt be a BONANZA of win.

SP Times site traffic no doubt is going back up. Good move Scilons. Did you guys put ads in their paper tomorrow as well?"

Last edited:

everfree

Patron Meritorious
I'm about half way done. So far my impression is it is written from a uniquely Scientological viewpoint: "The SP Times only wrote about the bad stuff I (Miscavige) do. I'm upstat!" as though that absolves all.

Oh, and some more Scientology-style Black PR of course.

I feel sorry for the poor suckers who are still slaving away to support that. Blech.

Feral

Rogue male
112.4 million online visitors from 234 countries
viewed more than 23 million videos on the
Scientology website in the past year [False. The number of countries varies depending on which source one takes, so 234 is not completely impossible. Alexa says the average time on the site is about 2 minutes and it has been around that for two years. Daily global reach = about .004%, maybe .005%, 1 person out of 20-25,000. Total internet population = 1,500 million. So 1/20,000, say 1/15,000 of that = 100,000 people. Even if it is 100,000 DIFFERENT people every day, i.e. each new day has new people and the same person never returns to the site in the year, that's one million in 10 days or 35 million in a year. Maybe they're counting Markab internet reaches too.]

This is false, current counts of actual countries in the world s between 189 and 195.

So even if the CofS had gotten 100% of the worlds nations to notice their sites they could not have hits from more than 195 countries.

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is false, current counts of actual countries in the world s between 189 and 195.

So even if the CofS had 100% of the worlds nations to notice their sites they could not have hits from more than 195 countries.

Maybe the number of countries on the planet is going straight up and vertical too? :whistling: