What's new

Freewind WTF

Lawrence

Patron
Evidently, Scientology hired a company out of Miami called Nordica Engineering to copletely strip out and refit the Freewinds for a contract amounting to $18M. This was in early 2008.

Problem was Scientology neglected to tell them that the ship was loaded with blue asbestos and asbestos panels. The company hired 240 workers out of Poland who slept onboard in cabins, while the work was being done!
These workers are pissed to say the least and have been following the saga online.

This all came crashing to a halt when the Freewind was sealed up in April.

The comany is still owed $3.5M but has little hope of getting paid.

The Scxientology Execs. who oversaw the cover-up/refit are Sue Price and
Bob Wright

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
A thought...

Evidently, Scientology hired a company out of Miami called Nordica Engineering to copletely strip out and refit the Freewinds for a contract amounting to $18M. This was in early 2008.

Problem was Scientology neglected to tell them that the ship was loaded with blue asbestos and asbestos panels. The company hired 240 workers out of Poland who slept onboard in cabins, while the work was being done!
These workers are pissed to say the least and have been following the saga online.

Bob Wright

If Nordica would post, on the web, a full accounting and bill for the balance, then we could print it out and mail it to every active Scientologist whose addresses can be ascertained...:confused2: Communicate more! Right.

EP/Roy

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not really...

You mean make a mailing list.:no:

No - I was only thinking if I could print a bill and something from the company demanding payment, off the web, at home, then I could mail it to a few folks I know who are "in" just for kicks. Prolly something the anonymous folks could do better with, though.

EP

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't wait to see a lawsuit on this. And of course since the CofS pays on dateline, I hope the owners of the company make it clear in their wills that their great grandchildren should chase up the money owed to them. LOL!!!

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
If this situation goes to a lawsuit, lots of people would know about the Freewinds being loaded with blue asbestos. It would mean massive bad PR for the cult. They hate that. We like that.

FFL

Div6

Crusader

Bob Wright

While the $$$ issue is an issue, to me the BIGGER crime here is that they potentially exposed those workers to Blue Asbestos without their knowledge and consent. This is sticky, as obviously US law won't apply here without some real legal wrangling, but a list of those workers should be gathered, and their health should be documented. Recklessly endangering the lives of others through neglect or ignorance is still a crime.

Haven't seen it on a sec check form though.....

Carmel

Crusader
While the $$$ issue is an issue, to me the BIGGER crime here is that they potentially exposed those workers to Blue Asbestos without their knowledge and consent. This is sticky, as obviously US law won't apply here without some real legal wrangling, but a list of those workers should be gathered, and their health should be documented. Recklessly endangering the lives of others through neglect or ignorance is still a crime.

Haven't seen it on a sec check form though.....

No, sadly such questions aren't on form sec checks. They have more relevant ones like "Have you ever had anything to do with a baby farm?" (Joburg) :grouch:

Am curious about the conflicting or missing data on this Freewinds scenario. Per another report, the public company wouldn't touch it and RPFers ended up doing the whole cycle. Does anyone have the "facts" on this?

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
What has happened with the Freewinds? Is it sailing? Is it open for business as usual? There was a lot of noise about it earlier this year, and then nothing lately.

FFL

Lawrence

Patron
per my information, the freewinds is in Aruba, with some work continuing. In November it will return to drydock in Curacao (which has been heavily booked)
They then plan to finish to work needed to get it's DNV safety certification.

The asbestos abatement co. that worked on the ship in May I think, removed some asbestos, encapsulated some asbestos, but there is still asbestos left on the ship. Their contract was for $2M. , but it sounds like it didn't fully solve the problem. How could it, the asbestos is everwhere, and virtually all ship like this where scrapped long ago. No cruise Line would be this stupid to operate a ship like this. Scientology has poured in $20M, knowing it has an unsolvable asbestos problem!

Proir to this, Nordica had removed a lot of Blue asbestos and asbestos panelling. They stripped the ship back to steel plates. There was evidently a container of approx. 70- tons of asbests on the dock that was disposed of. Probably in a landfill somwhere on C.

solo

Patron with Honors
Freewinds

This story is not about to go away, despite the cult's efforts to keep it quiet. They are still claiming the refurbishments are on schedule and lying to the crew, who are also being contaminated right now.

Let's hope the press run with this.

solo

Patron with Honors
Freewinds

This email from Flag has been leaked on Enturb.

To: Subject: Re: Freewinds accomodations news form Rick Alexander.
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008

Dear Scientologist,

The Freewinds wants to let you know that we are open to all Scientologists at any level of the Bridge, with brand new accommodation rates! Please read the below email and then answer the following questions:

Name:

Phone:

1. When do you plan to arrive to the brand new Freewinds?

2. Which service are you going to do? Do you have any questions in regards to our services?

3. Would you like to know the new different accommodations packages available to you?

4. How can I assist you in your arrival to the Freewinds?

ML,

Rick Alexander - Freewinds Office at Flag

DID YOU KNOW

THE FREEWINDS IS MORE ACCESSIBLE THAN EVER AND OPEN TO ALL SCIENTOLOGISTS AT ANY LEVEL OF THE BRIDGE WITH New ACCOMMODATIONS RATES

READ THIS!

If you purchase the Basics books and lectures package in cash, you are saving 30%, which is a savings of $1325.

DID YOU KNOW

That savings (based on our new Freewinds accommodations rates) would give you:

· One week of accommodations for $700, one Basic Book and Lecture course for $200 and you would have $425 to shop and take excursions.

(Prices include all meals, afternoon breaks, midnight buffet, onboard entertainment and usage of all onboard facilities: gym, cinema etc. in a 4 person shared cabin.)

OR

· One week of shared accommodations for $700 and one convention fee for $500 and $125 for spending money for your shopping and excursions.

(Prices include all meals, afternoon breaks, midnight buffet, onboard entertainment and usage of all onboard facilities: gym, cinema etc. in a 4 person shared cabin.)

THERE IS ONLY ONE ANSWER:
TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION TODAY

AND COME TO THE FREEWINDS NOW,

WHILE WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR YOU! > QUOTE

Anyone going?!!!

It would be good to let the crew know the truth. Anyone remember Rick Alexander? Is he husband of Minty?

These poor guys, and no health insurance.

Solo

AndSoOn

This is environmental RAPE!
Ignorance of the methods of sub contractors is no excuse.
The contractor has a duty of care to ensure that adequate provisions are made to ensure there are no adverse environmental impacts.
Shame on you Scio!

A

Art

No, sadly such questions aren't on form sec checks. They have more relevant ones like "Have you ever had anything to do with a baby farm?" (Joburg) :grouch:

Please to pardon excessively naive poor U.S. boy, but WTF is a "baby farm"?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (Geez it just gets crazier and crazier everyday. I swear, five years ago I thought "pedophilia" meant "foot fetish". Now we got WHAT?? "Baby farms?")

I'm serious ... what is a "baby farm" and how did that get on a sec check?

Thanks in advance ... I think ...:unsure:

Best,
Art

Last edited by a moderator:

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
I could be wrong Art but I think the Joburg confessional was written it Africa. So its got lots of weird questions about diamonds, interracial sex, and who knows-maybe baby farms were big business in Africa at the time?:confused2: