What's new

Freewind WTF

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
The sad thing about this is that the public most definatly WON'T hear about or believe this. When you were in, would you suspect the church of exposing you, deliberatly, to health risks? Especially, if LRH NEVER said asbestoes was one?

Naw................

Div6

Crusader
Please to pardon excessively naive poor U.S. boy, but WTF is a "baby farm"?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (Geez it just gets crazier and crazier everyday. I swear, five years ago I thought "pedophilia" meant "foot fetish". Now we got WHAT?? "Baby farms?")

I'm serious ... what is a "baby farm" and how did that get on a sec check?

Thanks in advance ... I think ...:unsure:

Best,
Art

Google is your friend: Baby FArm: .A place where the nourishment and care of babies are offered for hire.

A

Art

I could be wrong Art but I think the Joburg confessional was written it Africa. So its got lots of weird questions about diamonds, interracial sex, and who knows-maybe baby farms were big business in Africa at the time?:confused2:

Sandygirl, thanks. I got on the chat and asked. Div6 explained a "baby farm" is some sort of care and feeding for hire. I gather that's a kind of multiple wet nurse type thing. I had no idea. Bea Kiddo mentioned that it was on the "Joberg", which confirms what you said. I was out of the CoS before sec checking became perversely faddish, so I've never had one.

Best,
Art

A

Art

Thanks Div6 and Paul for the answers. Sorry, I just got upset over multiple issues and unknowns there. Sounds like it would be more beneficial to go watch the "The Exorcist" than get a sec check. Best, Art.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks Div6 and Paul for the answers. Sorry, I just got upset over multiple issues and unknowns there. Sounds like it would be more beneficial to go watch the "The Exorcist" than get a sec check. Best, Art.

If done properly, without threat of dire ethics handlings, a sec check can be very beneficial. Most of the sec checking in the CofS is done under duress and any therapeutic value of giving up the withholds is overshadowed by the fear of consequences from the CofS staff for doing so (and justifiably so!).

There's always my confessional Rub&Yawn YouTube video. It's not the same as a properly done sec check, but it's easier and cheaper to get and you know that no-one is going to tell on you. :)

Confessional!

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Remember that Hubbard "farmed out" Alexis to a wet nurse when he went through his episode with Sara (the Communist) in the LA foundation periiod.

Yeah, but is using a wet nurse such a no-no? I have only heard about it in terms of it being useful and not in terms of it being some kind of criminal activity. I would have thought the Jo'burg mention would have had some distinctly South African connection, something Hubbard would have run across close to him writing the thing.

Paul

Carmel

Crusader
Please to pardon excessively naive poor U.S. boy, but WTF is a "baby farm"?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (Geez it just gets crazier and crazier everyday. I swear, five years ago I thought "pedophilia" meant "foot fetish". Now we got WHAT?? "Baby farms?")

I'm serious ... what is a "baby farm" and how did that get on a sec check?

Thanks in advance ... I think ...:unsure:

Best,
Art

Sorry to put that spanner in the works!

I've seen what others have posted, but in addition to that, in the early eighties all of us staff in ANZO were ordered to have a joburg confessional. It was out tech. The confessional questions were so out reality to all of us, and in no way aligned with our moral code (which confessionals are supposed to be - they're useless if they aren't).

You said "WTF is a baby farm?" - well so did just about every pc when asked what the question meant. From data we had at the time, babies were being "produced" and "sold" - there were "farms" as such (I won't comment on that).

Anyway, back to topic of Freewinds....

Div6

Crusader
Yeah, but is using a wet nurse such a no-no? I have only heard about it in terms of it being useful and not in terms of it being some kind of criminal activity. I would have thought the Jo'burg mention would have had some distinctly South African connection, something Hubbard would have run across close to him writing the thing.

Paul

Perhaps this might give the proper flavor: http://www.1947project.com/baby-farm

This was a time when abortions were illegal, out of wedlock babies embarassing, etc.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
You said "WTF is a baby farm?" - well so did just about every pc when asked what the question meant. From data we had at the time, babies were being "produced" and "sold" - there were "farms" as such (I won't comment on that).

That is what I usually understood the term to mean. Nothing I can find online seems to agree with that, though, except an Uncyclopedia (fictitious) article that I won't link to, which could be considered to be in poor taste.

Paul

asagai

Patron Meritorious
Discussion of an esoteric Huddardic question about the mystery of "Baby Farms" may be interesting, (no, we never understood what they were back when confessionals were actually a sincere auditing cycle) but here right now we have a present time scandal of Asbestos and the lack of due care by the CofS.

Well done to Larry and whoever else has dug up this data on another crime by the CofS. Let's hope it gets maximum media coverage. Anybody contacted the BBC? I bet anonymous are all over this scandal! :thumbsup:

Thanks "Solo" for letting us know about the Freewinds e-mail. Please keep us updated on what the anons are up to on this.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Discussion of an esoteric Huddardic question about the mystery of "Baby Farms" may be interesting, (no, we never understood what they were back when confessionals were actually a sincere auditing cycle) but here right now we have a present time scandal of Asbestos and the lack of due care by the CofS.

Ooh, ooh, a thread nazi. :)

Paul

solo

Patron with Honors
Freewinds

Please stay on topic. this is REALLY IMPORTANT!!!! Anonymous are all over this like a rash, why can't we exes stay focussed? WTF re baby farms?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone find out whether lobbying Euro MPs re Dutch jurisdiction over the Netherlands Antilles would help?

Contact Polish newspapers re the 240 Polish workers?

Contact people (named in the press) who were present at the Freewinds inspection?

We're on the Internet aren't we? Do you want the CoS to go on pulling people in for sham services on a cancer ridden "cruise ship" or what?

Ever hopeful

Solo
pm me if you want advice on doing something anonymously

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Nordica has worked several times on the Freewinds before in 2000-2002 per their own website. I find it hard to believe they were ignorant of the asbestos.

Paul

GoButtonIsBlowButton

Patron with Honors
Lawrence and Solo...

Got any source material on this, besides vague discussions of what may have occurred? It would help. You don't go to a sovereign government with what we have here now. Haven't seen anything much since the newspaper article some months ago.