freezone & money

acertainratio

Patron with Honors
I did my OT levels in the Freezone and was asked what I could afford to pay.

I answered honestly, and that's what I paid.

It was taken on trust - both ways.

I paid in advance, and money was never mentioned again.

It was a great experience.

Last edited:

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi people, n00b here trying to figure out the FZ... I think some things in Scientology are worth exploring. I am not extremely experienced in it, but I've found SOME stuff to be helpful. Part of the appeal I've seen in the FZ is that it's all free, as it should be. Yet I keep reading, suddenly, of people paying for it and how the FZ still charges for the tech. So which is it?!

The word FREE has many definitions.

But why does someone owe you something for nothing?

Anyone who puts time in at school or university deserves some exchange for their knowledge.

We aren't a communism yet. Unless you are implying you have something free to give out?

If so you could advertise it on the Freezone forums.

T.O.

Last edited:

Terl

Patron with Honors
The word FREE has many definitions.

But why does someone owe you something for nothing?

Anyone who puts time in at school or university deserves some exchange for their knowledge.

We aren't a communism yet. Unless you are implying you have something free to give out?

If so you could advertise it on the Freezone forums.

T.O.

The question has already been addressed and answered at length throughout the thread, but thanks again for the clarification! :)

I just thought the FZ generally thought the tech was valuable enough to share it for free, out of kindness. If I were an auditor, I would audit people on my spare time for free, if I opened a space to do Scientology courses, they would be free and the rent for the space could be paid for by donations. I just thought that that was generally how it worked. But now I realise the difference. :yes:

If I had something free to give I would.

I just thought the FZ generally thought the tech was valuable enough to share it for free, out of kindness. If I were an auditor, I would audit people on my spare time for free,

That is not an infrequent occurrence at present, depending on circumstances.

I'm sure it would happen more if the "freezone", dispersed as it is, locates a ready supply of generous donors. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Donors aren't needed. It's not about money. Help whoever comes your way, if you know a way to help, and they want it. It's simple spiritual karma. It's just a question of training, and making the training as simple as possible. That in place, there will be very little need for a professional auditor. That would be ideal, because professional auditing requires extensive training, and very few people are interested in obtaining that training: most people just want them there OT Powers, and eternal life thingamajiggy! Who cares about gosh-dern theories and drills?

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Yes, they are generous and sweet. In the FZ, I saw the altruism that CofS so sadly lacked and still lacks.

I remember when I first read Dianetics, and in spite of all the negatives I've heard, I believed I understood it. I did a couple of sessions on other people outside the org, and even did some div 6 before I got my EOD8.

Not knowing where Scientology was going at that early stage, and thinking that "clear" was the ultimate aim, it always occurred to me that the best way of organizing it was: "We'll audit you to clear free of charge (and without the formality of a huge building, just gathering socially in people's houses), and your indebteness is that you will contribute to the auditing of two people to clear." In that way the number of clears would have grown exponentially without people spending ridiculous amounts of money.

Pity the real thing turned out to be such a crock.

Wisened One

Crusader
Hey....got a question about FZ....

Are there FZ Orgs somewhere where one go into?

(PM me if you'd rather).

I agree, that not every single piece of tech should be ignored, thrown out, etc..

And sometimes, I still actually miss some of the Auditing.

I mean, if one being simply wants to help another being with honest, helpful Auditing techniques that both are in agreement with and the pc thinks it helps him/her, then where's the wrong in that, ya know? :confused2:

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are a few "orgs" that have announced themselves, though most people simply audit or train without open an org. Pat and Ray Krenik maintain one in Elma, Washington, and there's a group which was recently certed by International Freezone Association, I think in Florida. This would be a good thread for BB to throw down some of his knowledge, or for the poster known as Beachniks, who was the inspector for IFA Qual.

Terril park

Sponsor

(PM me if you'd rather).

I agree, that not every single piece of tech should be ignored, thrown out, etc..

And sometimes, I still actually miss some of the Auditing.

I mean, if one being simply wants to help another being with honest, helpful Auditing techniques that both are in agreement with and the pc thinks it helps him/her, then where's the wrong in that, ya know? :confused2:

There are few " orgs" as such in the english speaking FZ. There are field auditors and field groups, who are generally very well trained, and they can connect to others even higher trained for C/Sing.

There are also at least two people I know who travel to audit.

I could better help here if I knew your location and what part of the bridge you were last doing well on. You can mail me on :-

[email protected]

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yeah, RPX. I hear ya. It (Scn and Dn) doesn't do what it says it will do. I think that could have been ok had Hubbard really point blank admitted that it doesn't. Instead he kept revising things and adding things, which DM has also done, but there's always this implication that it's the people who are not doint this right.

Plus all the cultic crap that, even if the stuff did what was claimed about it, the cultic crap would completely detract from that.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yep, he does. And there's also Tommy Thompson in CA and the Kreniks in my own state, as prev mentioned. There are other individual practitioners, too.

BB is definitely the "go to guy" on this, but prominent freezone websites where information about such can be had include:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreezoneOrg

Elma, Washington:
http://www.tigergold.net/ministry.html

International Freezone Association:
http://internationalfreezone.net/

Ron's Org UK:
http://www.arovast.co.uk/

Ron's Org International:
http://www.ronsorg.com/

ICAUSE:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/icause/

The ROs have sites throughout Europe. IFA maintains it's own lists of certified auditors & centers.

Mark A. Baker

In that way the number of clears would have grown exponentially without people spending ridiculous amounts of money.

That is a reasonable approach with Book I style auditing.

Given the need for training and associated facilities along with the varying levels of auditor competency involved with professional styles of auditing, it doesn't work as well for much of the more technical aspects of auditing.

Good reason why co-audits with access to pro-auditors & C/Ses for repairs, case programming, and special programs, has always been a good "middle way".

Mark A. Baker

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
That is a reasonable approach with Book I style auditing.

Given the need for training and associated facilities along with the varying levels of auditor competency involved with professional styles of auditing, it doesn't work as well for much of the more technical aspects of auditing.

Good reason why co-audits with access to pro-auditors & C/Ses for repairs, case programming, and special programs, has always been a good "middle way".

Mark A. Baker

It would have only been 'better' if 'Clear' was worth the gummibears it's chewed from.

'Clear' as a 'state' is a fulminated pipe dream, at least as 'created' by 'The Tech'.

First grow your teeth then sell it. That's standard practice.

Zinj

Donors aren't needed.

No, Kevin, they aren't. It was a joke. :p

On the otherhand if someone should want to endow the establishment of freezone academies (ala The Harvard Endowment or other similar such charitable foundation) it would be worth the consideration. :)

Mark A. Baker