What's new

FreeZone Scn&Independent Scn experiences

Terril park

Sponsor
"OT II", nice implant of implanting hallucinatory implants.

Worked great for me. I've been beyond being invalidated for my successes,
opinions etc for a long time.

Even started a thread on how I created a " Twin Flame" on this level. As you
see I am immune to ridicule and have no problems with it.

However Veda wanted to start this thread, and you may wish to take it
with him in discussion as to whether he wishes this dampening response to this thread.

You may also wish to look at the rules of conduct. Not getting into lawyerly debates as to whether your post is ad hominem. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

However if you wish to make the points you wish to make, it is far politer
to not do it at the expense and on the back of others.

Capiche?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
The problem here appears to be that some ppl have such anger or reservations about Terril and his past postings of success stories that they ended up just assuming that this one was like the others. Then the ad homs started to come in. Then, even after two indications from Terril that it was his own story, the assumption was still made. I've seen this before. Pissed off people tend to see things from that perspective. Even when statements to the contrary are posted and sometimes even quoted right there in plain view. Next time just ask the dude if you either do not see his explanation or if he did not previously profer one.

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space

<snip.

You may also wish to look at the rules of conduct. Not getting into lawyerly debates as to whether your post is ad hominem. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

However if you wish to make the points you wish to make, it is far politer
to not do it at the expense and on the back of others.

Capiche?

It certainly isn't, unless *you* happen to be OTII

Zinj

<snip> Then the ad homs started to come in. <snip>

Probably time to look at the definitions of ad hominum.

It is a label for a logical/debate error in which the character of the person being addressed is attacked instead of the subject. Note that personal attacks are not necessarily ad hominem since they can be independent of debate or logical discussions.

Mystic made no address to anyone, just his comment on "OT II".

Terril seems to have taken this as some sort of insult and asserts his resilience to such insults (though none exist).

Zinj is partially correct--the topic of "OT II" was mentioned. Unless you are specifically the topic "OT II", no ad hom could exist. Secondarily, no logical arguments were in progress.

VC seems to be using "ad hom" as any affront to any post--whether towards the person or towards the concept under discussion. Just because someone spits on your pet topic, doesn't mean there has been a personal attack or ad hom.

I won't bother writing cramming orders over possible Out-Ruds, so here is an optional instruct should you choose to read it: :hysterical:

definitions:

ad ho·mi·nem
   
–adjective
appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.
attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.

wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
It read to me like Terril was posting his *own* OT2 Success Story and, if so, what's the problem?

Posted by Terril

snipped

So to sort of Kick start things below my first FZ success story.

One of the wins is the almost, magical, ( I can't think of a more appropriate
word) way this tech is working. I was running some wholetrack concepts, and things
went quite well. Went out to lunch and found that after a few minutes of walking
I felt as though I was on drugs. This is very odd because the only drug
experience I've had worth talking about is on one occasion smoking pot some
decades ago. Then on the Purif, Some remnants of general anaesthetics were dredged
up and affected me and then ran out. That was also a long time ago. I've never
had any drug type feelings since. Or had anything since but aspirin and alcohol.
So I carried on with the next related concepts on OT 2. The drugged feeling
vanished. I felt very good.

It wasn't at all clear that it was his personal story, Terril is the Freezone PR and I assumed it was yet another of his post FZ success stories!

Sorry Terril ... I am very VERY naughty (and I am sorry that your drugged feeling vanished too).

Joking!!!!

:whistling:

Veda

Sponsor
Terril is also a FreeZone Opinion Leader - his words - and, as such, I'm counting on his motivating others in the FreeZone to come to ESMB, and then, themselves, post their Scientology FreeZone/Independent Scientology/Ron's Orgs experiences, including wins or success stories, on this thread. If that happens, and one or more such people appear, I'll be exerting self-control and saying nothing and giving them some "space." And, as a favor to me, I hope y'all will give these folks a little "space" too - assuming any show up. Surely, there must be at least one adventurous soul out there. :)

FrankBooth

Patron with Honors
I too, am beyond invalidation, when I say that I am absolutely gobsmacked that there are still people out there who put stock, believe in, and live their lives according to this complete and utter bullshit.

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril is also a FreeZone Opinion Leader - his words - and, as such, I'm counting on his motivating others in the FreeZone to come to ESMB, and then, themselves, post their Scientology FreeZone/Independent Scientology/Ron's Orgs experiences, including wins or success stories, on this thread. If that happens, and one or more such people appear, I'll be exerting self-control and saying nothing and giving them some "space." And, as a favor to me, I hope y'all will give these folks a little "space" too - assuming any show up. Surely, there must be at least one adventurous soul out there. :)

Thanks.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

It is a label for a logical/debate error in which the character of the person being addressed is attacked instead of the subject. Note that personal attacks are not necessarily ad hominem since they can be independent of debate or logical discussions.

Terril seems to have taken this as some sort of insult and asserts his resilience to such insults (though none exist).

Zinj is partially correct--the topic of "OT II" was mentioned. Unless you are specifically the topic "OT II", no ad hom could exist. Secondarily, no logical arguments were in progress.

VC seems to be using "ad hom" as any affront to any post--whether towards the person or towards the concept under discussion. Just because someone spits on your pet topic, doesn't mean there has been a personal attack or ad hom.

I won't bother writing cramming orders over possible Out-Ruds, so here is an optional instruct should you choose to read it: :hysterical:

definitions:

ad ho·mi·nem
   
–adjective
appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.

wiki:

I know what an ad hom is. I wasn't so much talking about Mystic's post as I was about a couple others on this thread, such as post 15.

Never, in all the echoing corridors of time, have I suggested or believed or posted that a post disagreeing with a topic or concept is an ad hom.

I also don't get what you're saying about pet topic. I guess you must mean it's someone else's pet topic, cuz it sure ain't mine.

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor

definitions:

ad ho·mi·nem
   
–adjective

wiki:

I posted the only OT II success story on this thread.

Mystic posted :-

This infers I'm hallucinatory.

Guess this fits both ! and 2 per your previous post.

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
I know what an ad hom is. I wasn't so much talking about Mystic's post as I was about a couple others on this thread, such as post 15.

I can see how that would seem so, but mostly those appear to be potentially inflammatory remarks or indirect insults. What is missing for ad hom logical fallacy is that some topic is not being discussed or debated.

Never, in all the echoing corridors of time, have I suggested or believed or posted that a post disagreeing with a topic or concept is an ad hom.

OK

I also don't get what you're saying about pet topic. I guess you must mean it's someone else's pet topic, cuz it sure ain't mine.

Instead of "your" I probably should have used "one's"--not yours in particular.

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Post 15 is quite specific and is a direct response to Terril's post. All you have to do is read it. The reason for not naming names therein is evident.

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
I posted the only OT II success story on this thread.

Mystic posted :-

This infers I'm hallucinatory.

Guess this fits both ! and 2 per your previous post.

Terril--I think you are able to decide for yourself which shoes fit and which do not. Hopefully none of them are pink... :roflmao:

Veda

Sponsor
Re-post of opening post:

FreeZone Scientology & Independent Scientology & Ron's Orgs experiences, of course, also include "wins" and "success stories."

This thread is an invitation for Scientology FreeZoners, Independent Scientologists, and Ron's Org people, to share their experiences, good or bad, or any shades of grey, and any wins, etc.

The one condition being that these are their experiences, or their wins, written by them as members of ESMB.

It may be that this is the first and last post on this thread. If no "outside the Cof$" Scientologists wish to share their experiences and wins with the FZ, Indie Scn, and Ron's orgs, that's OK.

But at least the offer has been made.

FZ Scientologists, Independent Scientologists, and Ron's Orgs Scientologists: Feel free to post here and, then, perhaps, look around. :)

I promise to be on my good behavior, especially towards any newly outs, and hope others will too.