What's new

Freezone section

FoTi

Crusader
Does FZ still exist? It seems there are no posts after 2008.

Yes it still exists. There are two posts right before yours today.

When you click on the FZ link......there are lots of threads on that link....just scroll down and pick whichever topic you want to read or post on.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: Freezone Convention

Oh goodie. Rey Robles talking to some other Loyal Officers about, well, Loyal Officering I guess. I didn't get past his intro where he shows off his comprehension level while reading The Admiral's last message aloud.

Heh.

I didn't realize he had latched onto the Loyal Officer trip and is positioning himself as the Earth Loyal Officers In-Charge. He even has the loyalofficers.org domain with stuff on it like:

The LOs are also modeled after the ancient beings of over 76 million years ago that were quite loyal to their planets in which they came from. They were loyal to the people, not a religious ideology or political org. or person, but to the beings that inhabited their planet.
Their product was protection and wellness of their planet.
Today’s mission is to help undo what was done to their home planet and home universe.
Loyal Officers Headquarters, Reno NV, 2007

He informs those present that Loyal Officers (like those in the room) are senior to all those Sea Org officers with mere ranks like Captain.

Stirring stuff.

Paul

Last edited:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Rey's a very nice man. So's his family, whom I've also met.

I'm no longer at this wanting "The Scientology Bridge" goal/mindset. But I did find Rey to be a nice decent man. And unlike some FreeZoners, he doesn't get into attacking critics. That's sort of my personal benchmark.

Now, if I had the personal benchmark like...I had to agree with most of their views, I guess I'd probably part company with him.

It seems to me that he's there for those who are interested, he doesn't waste time in defending people who bash others who are targetted by, oh, I dunno, a certain Class XII auditor and his fucking batshit crazy wife, he doesn't slam people, himself, either. His stuff's there for those who want it and for those who don't, ok, whatever, they can do their own thing.

MattD

Patron with Honors
Rey's a very nice man. So's his family, whom I've also met.

I'm no longer at this wanting "The Scientology Bridge" goal/mindset. But I did find Rey to be a nice decent man. And unlike some FreeZoners, he doesn't get into attacking critics. That's sort of my personal benchmark.

Now, if I had the personal benchmark like...I had to agree with most of their views, I guess I'd probably part company with him.

It seems to me that he's there for those who are interested, he doesn't waste time in defending people who bash others who are targetted by, oh, I dunno, a certain Class XII auditor and his fucking batshit crazy wife, he doesn't slam people, himself, either. His stuff's there for those who want it and for those who don't, ok, whatever, they can do their own thing.

Yes Rey is OK as a person, and his wife and daughter are lovely! (I've met them too) Interesting you post this in a thread Paul also recently posted in, as Paul has quite a compendium of historical archives that include his time with Rey, which obliquely critique Rey's knowledge and understanding of the tech, and his business acumen as demonstrated by percentage of happy customers.

http://www.fzglobal.org/writings.htm

Decent person and someone you may want fiddling with the workings of your mind are two entirely different things.

IMO :)

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Well, not everyone sees eye to eye. But what I do know is this:

Rey Robles brings something to the table for those who want it.

Paul Adams brings something to the table for those who want it.

There are evidently differences of opinion between them but that doesn't negate any of their contributions, either guy.

MattD

Patron with Honors
Well, not everyone sees eye to eye. But what I do know is this:

Rey Robles brings something to the table for those who want it.

Paul Adams brings something to the table for those who want it.

There are evidently differences of opinion between them but that doesn't negate any of their contributions, either guy.

Yes true,

and guys in internet cafes in Nigeria bring something to the table for those who want it too.

As a completely subjective evaluation on my part I would say that Paul brings a lot more value to the table than Rey. And anecdotal evidence indicates that what Rey brings to the table may be a bit off. But then apples/oranges.

I wish Rey well in his attempt to start a new cult offshoot of whole track rangers! It will be fun to watch!

Freezone scientology, giving new meaning to the word wacky since 1982.

:)

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I don't find FreeZoners in general any whackier than some of the ummm...prominent/well known etc critics I've met...just sayin'.

Gee, what's their excuse, I wonder.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Yes true,

and guys in internet cafes in Nigeria bring something to the table for those who want it too.

As a completely subjective evaluation on my part I would say that Paul brings a lot more value to the table than Rey. And anecdotal evidence indicates that what Rey brings to the table may be a bit off. But then apples/oranges.

I wish Rey well in his attempt to start a new cult offshoot of whole track rangers! It will be fun to watch!

Freezone scientology, giving new meaning to the word wacky since 1982.

:)

What you must bear in mind is this: There's two sides to the two sides ofevery story, and everyone has got a bit of Rey and Paul, and you and me, the cat, the dog, and the Nigerians in them, so everything cancels everything out so there ain't no problem.*

normative moral relativism holds that because nobody is right or wrong, we ought to tolerate the behavior of others even when we disagree about the morality of it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
normative moral relativism holds that because nobody is right or wrong, we ought to tolerate the behavior of others even when we disagree about the morality of it.

Sounds like a philosophy mainly pushed by criminals and idiots.

Paul

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
This is the second time Smilla has stated or implied that I employ moral relativism.

It's not true. If I were a FreeZoner I'd suggest word clearing....Happily, though, I am not.

What you must bear in mind is this: There's two sides to the two sides ofevery story, and everyone has got a bit of Rey and Paul, and you and me, the cat, the dog, and the Nigerians in them, so everything cancels everything out so there ain't no problem.*

I prefer Baker's Coda: they're all wrong, but not equally so.

There is a lot of truth in that. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I prefer Baker's Coda: they're all wrong, but not equally so.

There is a lot of truth in that. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

I think that's all relative, don't you?

Particularly if you've ever met my relatives...she said waggling her eyebrows and flicking an imaginary cigar....

I had some friends at the Mission holders' meeting. I gave a job to Clay Primrose (from the Santa Clara mission) after he was kicked out.

Other than that, I didn't really pay attention.

I missed my last high school reunion too.

Come to think of it, I missed "Wheel of Fortune" tonight. Actually, I've missed it for several decades.

In terms of REAL PRIORITIES:

I didn't miss Toby Keith or Jimmy Buffett, when they came to town.

My wife and I did just get a house a block from the beach.

Snow has been great for skiing lately.

Do you understand where the Co$ fits into my list of important subjects?

It doesn't.

Several of my friends (who are now in their 60s) and their kids are important to me. Frankly I had no idea that the cult had deteriorated so badly.

BUMP

actually, now, following my daughter's lead, I am beginning to work on actual factual real abuses (murder, rape, hunger, homelessness) in Haiti.

There as a song by the Byrds, Turn, Turn, Turn, from Pete Seeger from the Bible, Eccesiaties.

a time for everything under creation