What's new

Friend needs $15,000 refund / repayment

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron

I have a friend who has $15,000 on account and wants to get it back. They want her to route in and do her TR’s over again and do a bunch of things before giving her money back.

I told her to just write a letter and use a lawyer if possible. She is not very computer literate and would not be able to figure out what to do.

I know there are letters here people have used. I have been trying to find them but I can’t.

If anyone here can point me to the correct pages or give me any specifics on what she should do I would appreciate it and the church would die a little.

This is not a refund but rather a repayment of unused funds.

Lori

Cheryl E Love

I have a friend who has $15,000 on account and wants to get it back. They want her to route in and do her TR’s over again and do a bunch of things before giving her money back.

I told her to just write a letter and use a lawyer if possible. She is not very computer literate and would not be able to figure out what to do.

I know there are letters here people have used. I have been trying to find them but I can’t.

If anyone here can point me to the correct pages or give me any specifics on what she should do I would appreciate it and the church would die a little.

This is not a refund but rather a repayment of unused funds.

Tell your friend NOT, under any circumstances, do any services at all. Especially a Sec Check! Your friend will be charged for anything done and believe me, they will use up every penny on account before being declared suppressive!

I ignorantly fell for starting the sec check for routing off staff. It was horrible and degrading. When I started this I had over $17,000 "on account". By the time I wizened up it was down to less than an intensive and they were demanding more funds to continue!!:omg:

There are people here that can give your friend advice get him/her to "come on down" and read,ask questions, and gain knowledge. But please please please tell them not to be bullied or convinced into doing any services.

Reasonable

Tell your friend NOT, under any circumstances, do any services at all. Especially a Sec Check!

She knows this. They are telling her to "come on down" and that they will re- do her objective processing for free.

I told her they are liars and not to go or talk to them at all.

I just know that I have seen a good letter on here before but I can't find it now.

freethinker

Sponsor
There is a member of this board named Caroline. She comes here frequently and has gotten refunds. She knows the policies that apply and has them posted on the internet. Send her a PM and she might send a link.

Don't do the services and don't sign any of their forms.

She knows this. They are telling her to "come on down" and that they will re- do her objective processing for free.

I just know that I have seen a good letter on here before but I can't find it now.

Lori

Cheryl E Love

Good. Just remind her NOTHING in Scientology is free! If they are offering it for "free" you can be sure they have some sort of ulterior motive! 100% guarenteed!

Those processes are geared to reinforce control. I too was offered the chance to "redo" one of my Grades "for free" they said my auditor wasn't "using standard tech" I was spinning after finding my ex's write up about me in CF and had started waking up and "obnosing". I bought into it for awhile but started getting worse! After reading others posts and hours upon hours on the internet I realized they were reverse processing me!

This may well be the same sort of trap. It may not be but I'd stay on the cautious side. As long as there is money on account they will love bomb, coerse, invalidate and any other method to keep it.

whitesand

Patron
  1. icon1.png
    The letter that has gotten more than $400K repaid from the CofS
    OK, there are so many threads about getting repayments, that I thought I'd just permanently post the letter that several people on this board have used to get a repayment. This is the letter my hubby wrote that got our repayments ($26K), GTs selectee's repayment ($200K), TookMeAWhile's repayment, etc. I'm sure there are more, but that's all remember at this moment.

November 26, 2006

Church of Scientology
    Flag Service Org
    503 Cleveland Street
    Clearwater, FL 33755

Re: Full Refund of all Moneys on Account, $695.00

Attn: Treasury

I hereby demand a full repayment of all funds currently on account. Within the Church this is commonly referred to as “Advanced Payments”. I have decided to forego all future participation in the Church of Scientology and therefore will never use any money on account for future services. This letter shall serve as proof that I am leaving the Church of Scientology.

This demand includes, but is not limited to: money on account for counseling, money on account for training, money on account for books and other materials, as well as money which has been debited and currently held in my counseling folders as unused hours.

A quick and full refund is expected within 7 days of receipt of this letter. This demand is in accordance with existing Church Policy, the same Policy that was quoted to the IRS when the Church of Scientology was granted tax-exempt status. This Policy is commonly referred to as “Fair Use”.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action by my attorney.

Sign

Copies to:

Parker Stanbury, LLP Attorneys at Law
    US House of Representatives, Committee on Ways and Means

Note: WE DID NOT SEND COPIES TO OUR ATTORNEY OR THE WAYS AND MEANS. That was a scare tactic.

Note: Yes, we had to sign our own expulsion confirmation and yes, we got declared (completely off policy). I'd gotten two repayments prior to leaving the CofS and was NOT declared.

Note: We did NOT do a routing form.

Note: Between my hubby and I we got back $26+K. He only happened to have $695 on account at FSO.

We have had NO success getting hubby's money back from the IAS ($40K). However, TookMeAWhile did get money back. See his thread.

I sure hope this clears up all the confusion about repayments. Which are completely different from refunds.

Repayments = only money on account
    Refunds = return of all money ever paid to the CofS for services (training, auditing, etc.)

Maybe all the people that have used the above letter should post how much they got back. Then GT and I would have a real "stat". :happydance:

You don't have to use the letter exactly as it is written, but it certainly is a place to start.

The checks my hubby and I received were dated within seven to 10 days of the date of our letter. The letter worked very well.

Originally posted by Kathy(I'mOut)

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...as-gotten-more-than-400K-repaid-from-the-CofS

Last edited:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Entering this into the Google search bar (other search engines are available) gives quite few results:

[repayments or refunds] site:http://www.forum.exscn.net

e.g. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?14729-Any-class-action-suits-re-refunds-repayments

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?15498-Repayment-refund-question/page2

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?14180-Refund-Advice

etc

My advice would be to:

1. Get written confirmation of how much money is in her account.
2. Make a formal request, in writing, for this amount to be returned.
3. Politely state that she is not interested in doing any more courses or getting a ‘handling’. She just wants her money back.
4. Request a full list of the steps that she will need to do in order to get her money back.
5. If the org requests that she come into the org, go along, but take at least one other person (preferably a declared SP) armed with a video camera to provide moral support. Make sure this person is with them at all times.
6. If they request that she does a routing form, do this, but put a time limit on how long it can take and refuse to do anything that isn’t relevant.
7. If they refuse to allow her and her friend onto the premises then this will be recorded and used as evidence later.
8. If they don’t pay up within a reasonable period of time, get legal advice and prepare to sue.
9. Get very noisy and make lots of bad PR.
10. Most of all she will need to be very firm and even nasty at times. Wimpy, apologetic and less than 100% focus on getting the money won’t work.

Axiom142

Reasonable

Thank you all for your advice.

This may take a while but I will certainly let you know how it goes.

If anyone else has anything to add please do.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
  1. icon1.png
    The letter that has gotten more than $400K repaid from the CofS
    OK, there are so many threads about getting repayments, that I thought I'd just permanently post the letter that several people on this board have used to get a repayment. This is the letter my hubby wrote that got our repayments ($26K), GTs selectee's repayment ($200K), TookMeAWhile's repayment, etc. I'm sure there are more, but that's all remember at this moment.

November 26, 2006

Church of Scientology
    Flag Service Org
    503 Cleveland Street
    Clearwater, FL 33755

Re: Full Refund of all Moneys on Account, $695.00

Attn: Treasury

I hereby demand a full repayment of all funds currently on account. Within the Church this is commonly referred to as “Advanced Payments”. I have decided to forego all future participation in the Church of Scientology and therefore will never use any money on account for future services. This letter shall serve as proof that I am leaving the Church of Scientology.

This demand includes, but is not limited to: money on account for counseling, money on account for training, money on account for books and other materials, as well as money which has been debited and currently held in my counseling folders as unused hours.

A quick and full refund is expected within 7 days of receipt of this letter. This demand is in accordance with existing Church Policy, the same Policy that was quoted to the IRS when the Church of Scientology was granted tax-exempt status. This Policy is commonly referred to as “Fair Use”.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action by my attorney.

Sign

Copies to:

Parker Stanbury, LLP Attorneys at Law
    US House of Representatives, Committee on Ways and Means

Note: WE DID NOT SEND COPIES TO OUR ATTORNEY OR THE WAYS AND MEANS. That was a scare tactic.

Note: Yes, we had to sign our own expulsion confirmation and yes, we got declared (completely off policy). I'd gotten two repayments prior to leaving the CofS and was NOT declared.

Note: We did NOT do a routing form.

Note: Between my hubby and I we got back $26+K. He only happened to have $695 on account at FSO.

We have had NO success getting hubby's money back from the IAS ($40K). However, TookMeAWhile did get money back. See his thread.

I sure hope this clears up all the confusion about repayments. Which are completely different from refunds.

Repayments = only money on account
    Refunds = return of all money ever paid to the CofS for services (training, auditing, etc.)

Maybe all the people that have used the above letter should post how much they got back. Then GT and I would have a real "stat". :happydance:

You don't have to use the letter exactly as it is written, but it certainly is a place to start.

The checks my hubby and I received were dated within seven to 10 days of the date of our letter. The letter worked very well.

Originally posted by Kathy(I'mOut)

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...as-gotten-more-than-400K-repaid-from-the-CofS

You are declared a Suppressive
You will no longer have any communication
with your 2 children we own as slaves at GOLD Base.
Your parents working for us in Clearwater have already sent you a disconnect letter.
We have studied your Ethics files. We have culled your confessional folders
We have done a careful study of your OSA INT files.
We know a lot more about you than you think.
You are being cautioned to not join the Indies or the Critics...or post on message boards and blogs....
or we will build a hate page on you in retaliation,
Do not underestimate our efforts to Fair Game you, we are masters at it.
We hereby kick you out of the IAS
However, we will keep your high six figure donation.
Cash is Cash.
And while we are THE most Ethical Group on the Planet, we believe we are
entitled to keep your money.​

iasaletter_.jpg