What's new

Friends Don't Make Friends De-Friend Friends on Facebook - Think for Yourself

Sindy

Crusader
The following is a very recent Facebook message from one "old cultie" friend of mine to another friend who is just now coming out in the open with this posting, actually. She may come and introduce herself but gave me permission to print this here.

She has been trying to get a repayment from the church for over a year now for monies she should never have been asked to pay as it was known she was not eligible to receive the services.

I know this is long but it is a fascinating look into the cult mind set. See if you can plow through it :)

This was originally posted on a non-Scientologist's FB page where the reaction to this from other non-Scientologists was that of complete repulsion, disdain, and dumbfoundedness than anyone could act this nuts.

Here is the original letter from the cultie:

Cathy,

Right after the last comm I had with you, I was told by a Flag MAA that there was an SP declare on you and that I wasn't to have comm with you. She also asked me to send her a list immediately of the people I knew who were in comm with you. I did and included Scientologists you were connected to you on FB. One of them was Steve, so I went into his account and removed you from his friends so that I didn't have to put his name on the list. I may have done the same with Danny. That night or the next day I was told by Marnie that there was not a goldenrod on you. The MAA later confirmed that no goldenrod could be found but said you're not in good standing and I shouldn't have any comm with you.

Currently, Marnie and another MAA are on a project to HELP you. And Mary and Ray and I want to help you, too, if there's anything we can do. I am unclear on whether you got a repayment from the Church or not, but if you didn't yet, please DON'T. And if you did, please try to reverse it. I know what financial straits you're in, Mary told me. But then do something drastic but ethical to save yourself. But don't cut yourself off from the Church and people who love you and your daughter. What if your EX suddenly died or suddenly got interested in Scn. and took steps to make things right? Your daughter would get on the Bridge but not be able to be connected to YOU! Leave the money there. You can use it for something some day and maybe even be able to finish your OT Levels. Things change!

We're all postulating for you. You postulate, too. And do the right thing!

Love, Carole

RESPONSE (In bold):

Cathy, right after the last comm I had with you, I was told by a Flag MAA that there was an SP declare on you and that I wasn't to have comm with you.

This is interesting as I have yet to receive repayment on a service I am unable to get. How dare she tell you who you can be in comm with.

She also asked me to send her a list immediately of the people I knew who were in comm with you.

Again, frightening, that my privacy would be invaded. Is it your mission Carole to seek justice? You don’t know my cycle like you think you do. You can’t sit in judgement of me.

I did and included Scientologists you were connected to you on FB. One of them was Steve, so I went into his account and removed you from his friends so that I didn't have to put his name on the list.

The fact that you went into STEVES account and de-friended me speaks loudly to him not having a choice- you made it for him. As well as you covertly removed him to avoid telling the MAA.

I may have done the same with Danny. That night or the next day I was told by Marnie that there was not a goldenrod on you. The MAA later confirmed that no goldenrod could be found but said you're not in good standing and I shouldn't have any comm with you.

Where is your integrity? Why should I not receive payment on services never delivered? Not getting repayment when I was told I would? Of course I am in good standing, I am a wonderful person who helps many people on a daily basis-- because it’s the RIGHT THING TO DO. Not because of an eligibility agenda.

I sat with Emily and Val in my living room who looked at me through tears as I ask “Do I look or seem suppressive to you?” They both said. “absolutely not.” I having been trying for years to unravel my cycle.

When I went to Flag in Aug of 2004, being told to “re-do” my CLEAR cycle and I could get back on OTVll- I took the last $30,0000 off my equity line. I completed my RE-CLEAR cycle, my part I, even had my e-meter silver certed....AGAIN ($300) Was leaving the MAA with Slavka (to go onto part II) when Martin stopped me and said, “We have one more thing you need to handle.”

PROGRAM- 1. Go home and go back to court 2. Handle my ex so that _____can get auditing (remember my daughter was-10 at this time) 3. Come back to Flag

Being told time after time to go back to court was trying. Get my ex to agree to allowing our daughter to receive auditing? Look, I spent $200,000 in court to try and protect the church I had invested in and believed in. At a certain point it was insane to continue in the court system even though I was there with the intention of being a pioneer for the church and enlighten others--as I believed I had been.

I got zero help from OSA when I asked, yet it was the only way to get back on the level. I was spending my own money for a church that shunned me when it didn’t work out. Told me to redo my clear cycle and I would get back on the level. Took my last $30,000 only to be told AGAIN to go back to court. Who’s protecting me Carole?

I realized I was doing it for the wrong reasons, not for the betterment of my daughter or myself but for the church that is now telling YOU to invade my privacy and alert others at how horrible I am. I could see that I wasn’t going to get back on the level. I had spent every penny I had and beyond, plus 5 years of my life in court.

Each person has the right to believe in their own truth.

I have Catholic friends, Jewish, agnostic , aethiest, and Christian friends. Unfortunately, I have never been more judged then by the church and many of my Scientology peers. I thought my church stood for truth and freedom----it does if you are doing exactly what you are told. Your response even underlines this fact.

Marnie needs to NOT try and help me.

I’m fine and have been doing well; aside from my financial situation. I was told in my meeting by Emily and Val that they went over my folders and my cycle wasn’t handled correctly. It was nice to know that there was some admission of responsibility.

However, they then ask me to come in for a session. After all these years and my several attempts, I said thank you, but no. You see I really looked at everything Carole. The years of following policy and programs. I stuck my neck out so many times. But when my money was gone so were the phone calls. I have a tax levy also which doesn’t qualify me for the level anyway. Why shouldn’t I get repayment.

My daughter, her dad and I get along great and have for years. It is so important to live and rejoice in the fun and creativeness that we all share. The no disconnection / disconnection issue? Well, I watched Anderson Cooper, I saw Mr Davis say there was “no disconnection policy” my jaw dropped! I had disconnection letters, phone calls and emails from Scientologists that indicated otherwise. As well as your letter here.

When the new books came out and I was strapped for money I called the Freewinds way back then and asked for the cash on my account to be sent back to help me get through a tough time. They said why don’t you buy several books, tapes, lectures and then sell them to people. So I thought ok, maybe this is better then asking for repayment. Well, guess what....they are still in my garage. I tried to sell them for a year and everyone had at least 4 or 5 libraries of the same thing! I Even looked on Craigs List where I found them for FREE! I can’t compete with free!

Currently, Marnie and another MAA are on a project to HELP you. And Mary and Ray and I want to help you, too, if there's anything we can do. I am unclear on whether you got a repayment from the Church or not, but if you didn't yet, please DON'T. And if you did, please try to reverse it.

No Carole, I have been trying for over a year to get repayment on services not received. This is money on my account only. I filled out the proper paper work with Val and Emily which now (new policy?)charges a 3% accounting fee to my very small $15,000. Jayne, (LRH Comm) from the Freewinds told me it had been through the lines and looked fine. It was at the CVB on Hollywood Blvd. where apparently it still is today.

I have helped numerous people over the years, I’ve donated hundreds of thousands of dollars. I have been shunned, disconnected with, judged AND told by an OT VII, quote “ you F**ked him, its your fault.” (in regards to my baby daddy)

I know what financial straits you're in, Mary told me. But then do something drastic but ethical to save yourself.

Really Carole? Really? This IS drastic, and ethical per policy on repayment. You think this was easy? I’m a single mom raising a great daughter . I did all 3 L’s, made it to OTVII. Patron IAS, SuperPower, New Civilization, donated money to numerous scn groups, fund raisers and causes AND money to individuals which I would be surprised if I ever got paid back. The list goes on......

The people who love me truly love me will still be there.

“Think for yourself” was always my favorite slogan in the church, the billboards and promo materials- really gave you the feeling that someone is allowing me to be ME.

“What is true for you is true for you” was one of the biggest reasons I got involved in Scientology in the first place. So if it’s true for you Carole, to listen to others, tell others to not be connected to me and turn in MY facebook friends to the MAA....well that is your truth. I will never be told who I can be friends with, what I can read or who I should make love to.

But don't cut yourself off from the Church and people who love you and your daughter.

I’m not Carole, you are.

What if your daughters father suddenly died or suddenly got interested in Scn. and took steps to make things right?

Make things right? What is so wrong with asking for repayment when I have given every last dime to the church. I shop at thrift stores for clothes, neighbors leave us food and I work several jobs to keep the lights on. I’ve foreclosed and went through bankruptcy. How dare you mock up something happening to my daughters dad. She has a little brother she loves, a dad she adores and two stepsister she is very close to.

your daughter would get on the Bridge but not be able to be connected to YOU!

Guess what? If there is “NO Disconnection” policy, like Mr Davis said then this wouldn’t be a problem. She Will “think for herself.” She is a lovely, talented teenager. She will explore and discover what is “true for her.”

What a blessing to live in a free society. I discovered many things when my dad was sick, I discovered that he knew if he didn’t agree with Scientology that he could lose me and my daughter. He knew that he couldn’t make waves. Mom told me after my dad died that they were scared to tell me how they felt. They kept it to themselves. They loved me unconditionally. I was lucky to see my dad 2 weeks before he left his body. I told my dad I was sorry I hurt him. I was sorry I got pregnant and not married- it was hard for him as a Catholic---but he didn’t shun me--or disconnect from me. His arms were always open for me, they never closed. I told him what a great dad he was to us ten kids and 58 years with mom. I told him he will live on through all of us, his humor, his strength and his love. I pray, I postulate, I visualize. I am a great person! I love people, I am loved and I feel loved.

I want repayment. You, actually have helped me a lot through your communication the last couple times. It just affirmed my decision. It really showed the truth of the church, especially when they tell you to not be in comm with me. Who does that? You are free to think for yourself. I’m not protesting, blogging etc. I’m merely asking for the money I have on account that cannot be used, to help me through this tough time.

You have a lovely husband who has worked hard for your family. You have had the luxury to stay home and raise two awesome kids. Who are you to judge me and my circumstances?

Leave the money there. You can use it for something some day and maybe even be able to finish your OT Levels. Things change!

Yes they do Carole! I pray now more then ever. I feel closer to God. I feel free to think for myself. I have been told I WILL receive repayment which is now called a “refund.” I will continue this as I followed the routing form to get this money back. It’s my money Carole and it will help our family. I don’t have a husband working to pay the bills. It was me spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to the church while raising my daughter as a single mom.

We're all postulating for you. You postulate, too. And do the right thing!

Are you suggesting I’m not doing the right thing?” I AM doing the right thing. Survival for me and my family. I will “think for myself.” It may not be the right thing for you Carole. I appreciate your effort though, I see more clearly the truth. I discovered a lot about myself over the years, and had numerous cognitions. I was a good person going into Scientology, I am still that good person- that has not changed. What has, is my perspective. Thank you for making it clearer and granting me beingness to live my life as I choose.

Love, Carole

I love you too! Cathy

The following is a very recent Facebook message from one "old cultie" friend of mine to another friend who is just now coming out in the open with this posting, actually. She may come and introduce herself but gave me permission to print this here. ...

Your friend sounds like an amazingly strong & courageous person. Thank you for posting this.

Mark A. Baker

Sindy

Crusader
Your friend sounds like an amazingly strong & courageous person. Thank you for posting this.

Mark A. Baker

She is Mark and I am so glad to know, finally, that another person that I know that started in my field, is capable of thinking for herself. She is a super talented actor & singer as well as being gorgeous inside and out. Of course, the church completely blows it again. :footbullet:

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
I read the post top to bottom Synthia, thankyou for posting it, and your friend comes across as a wonderful person, very much too good for the likes of the C of S.

She is thinking for herself.

James

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Wow! Just Wow!

Thanks for posting this Synthia. Information like this is what keeps me in the game of exposing Scn.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
ETHICS OFFICER
Don't talk to Suzanne ever again, she is evil.

BILLY BLOWDOWN OT VIII
Wow. That indicates. No problem,
I want that SP off my lines forever.

ETHICS OFFICER
Wait, did i say Suzanne? Sorry, I meant Jane.

BILLY BLOWDOWN OT VIII
Wow, that indicates. I picked up that Jane
is an SP and will disconnect right away.

ETHICS
So, you can talk to Suzanne, she is a super upstat.

BILLY BLOWDOWN OT VIII
Wow, that indicates. I'll be sure to flow
power to her then.

ETHICS OFFICER
Great. To complete your ethics cycle I just need you to
write a success story on how your your self-determinism
increased from applying Ron's tech.

BILLY BLOWDOWN OT VIII
Wow, that indicates.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know this is long but it is a fascinating look into the cult mind set. See if you can plow through it :)

This was originally posted on a non-Scientologist's FB page where the reaction to this from other non-Scientologists was that of complete repulsion, disdain, and dumbfoundedness than anyone could act this nuts.

Synthia, thanks for posting this. It's a great snapshot of the current culture inside the cult.

I'd be interested to read those reactions from other non-Scios. Can you post those too?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
It is repulsive that Scientology does this, but to Bea's point, it's not true that they are the only cult/religion/group that does this. My point is not that it's excusable because others do it, because it isn't excusable. My point is that pretending Scientology is unique in this respect ain't true. They are a garden-variety cult in this respect. Catholics do it. Fundamentalists do it. People are political and heirarchical, just like any other primate. "Normal" people do it. Cults are bad because they institutionalize the tendency and call it Jihad.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bless you, Cathy. Scn/co$ sucks. I am sorry for your circumstances, but not for you being out (by whatever means). You have friends here. :wave:
:welcome2: :bravo:

just saw Emma put this one in :scientology sucks: :biggrin:

Now how come that did not work???

Last edited:

subrosa

Patron
It is repulsive that Scientology does this, but to Bea's point, it's not true that they are the only cult/religion/group that does this. My point is not that it's excusable because others do it, because it isn't excusable. My point is that pretending Scientology is unique in this respect ain't true. They are a garden-variety cult in this respect. Catholics do it. Fundamentalists do it. People are political and heirarchical, just like any other primate. "Normal" people do it. Cults are bad because they institutionalize the tendency and call it Jihad.

Been Catholic all my life, never even HEARD of being told by the Church who I can/cannot have as friends.

Sindy

Crusader
Synthia, thanks for posting this. It's a great snapshot of the current culture inside the cult.

I'd be interested to read those reactions from other non-Scios. Can you post those too?

Sure, no doubt. Very interesting. I am removing the names and just showing the comments. Here they are (so far, as I believe it is still generating comments):

Wow.....that's all I got to say!
02 June at 00:17

Seriously fucked.
02 June at 00:55 via Facebook Mobile

Wow. And they say it's not a cult.
02 June at 09:47

YES
02 June at 10:39

YOU GO, GIRL!!!
02 June at 13:17

Scientology = cuckoo talk and take all your money.
02 June at 14:46

Paula, where the hell did that come from...oy
02 June at 16:47

cathy -- good for you. great letter. thanks for posting it, paula.
02 June at 17:57

Oh my freaking God. Send this to 60 Minutes - or somebody...
Friday at 22:34

no one deserves that...wow
02 June at 18:30

You are my hero
02 June at 18:34

unbelievable!
Friday at 00:24

I don't understand???
Friday at 07:50 via Facebook Mobile

Is this some kinda religious thing going on here? Someone telling you how you should live your life and who to associate with?
Friday at 09:04

I just read your page. Good for you, girl.
Friday at 16:33

What a story... You're amazing.
Yesterday at 06:22

Read this again. This is nuts!!
Yesterday at 07:35

Sindy

Crusader
Synthia,

AWESOME!! I bet the floodgates are just getting started in your area.

Way to go to your friend!

Well, no, not as far as I know. She moved away from Chi-Town several years ago. I wish some people in my area currently would get the hell out of dodge. :yes: