What's new

From Dianetics to Scientology: The creation of Xenu.

TaarnKasra

Does anyone know the timing of the creation/inclusion of Xenu?

I am under the assumption that since the material is deemed dangerous and released at a later level, that it was thus created at a later date and included once he had a firm base established with Dianetics and getting to Clear.

On this basis, I am inclined to believe that he presented Xenu to the Sea Org members during the time at sea, when he was writing, though I have not been able to find any clear or definitive information on this. I'm guessing the famed audio track is the unveiling of Xenu to the Sea Org and even if it is, I would like to discuss this further with anyone who has any knowledge on this period.

Regards,

Andy.

Leland

Crusader
If my recollection is correct.....Xemu or Xenu was introduced to the Cult of Hubbard in 1967.

Yes....it was done while on the Apollo........

Also around the same time the Sea Organization was formed.....1967.

The purpose of the Sea Org was to protect this upper level OT material......

And the Tape is called RJ-67. (Ron's Journal....) Ron talks about the "Wall of Fire"....which is the nick name for OT III....but doesn't mention Xemu in that tape....

I suppose that tape is the introduction to a new addition to the Bridge....OT III.....which pretty much since has dominated the "upper bridge".....technology....

LRH had many attempts at going "OT" and altering, changing, adding to and removing techniques from the "Bridge"

Here is a small sample:

Dianetics...

08 techniques... (since removed from the line up )

8-80 techniques...(since removed from the line up)

8-8008 techniques...(since removed from the line up)

Expanded Dianetics.....( since removed from the line up....)

The Grades....

Expanded Grades...(added to the line up)

Service Fac handling....(added to the Grades...)

Original OT 5, 6 and 7.....(since removed from the line up...)

Added....New OT 5 6 and 7.

I don't know if the current OT 4....is the original OT 4 or not....

Edited:

Marvel Comics introduced the Character Zemu....in 1962 and later changed it to Xemu in 1975.....according to Wikipedia.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Comics_characters:_X

Last edited:
If my recollection is correct.....Xemu or Xenu was introduced to the Cult of Hubbard in 1967.

And the Tape is called RJ-67. (Ron's Journal....) Ron talks about the "Wall of Fire"....which is the nick name for OT III....but doesn't mention Xemu in that tape... snipsnipsnipsnip

I don't know if the current OT 4....is the original OT 4 or not....

Edited:

Marvel Comics introduced the Character Zemu....in 1962 and later changed it to Xemu in 1975.....according to Wikipedia.....

Somewhere on line you can look up the original OT4 - I never did it ( I did ot3 and ot7 ep back in the 70's) but I am pretty certain it was replaced with the new ot4 drug rd, which I did nots style, rather than ot3 style. Mimsey

Does anyone know the timing of the creation/inclusion of Xenu?

I am under the assumption that since the material is deemed dangerous and released at a later level, that it was thus created at a later date and included once he had a firm base established with Dianetics and getting to Clear.

On this basis, I am inclined to believe that he presented Xenu to the Sea Org members during the time at sea, when he was writing, though I have not been able to find any clear or definitive information on this. I'm guessing the famed audio track is the unveiling of Xenu to the Sea Org and even if it is, I would like to discuss this further with anyone who has any knowledge on this period.

Regards,

Andy.
I don't know how dangerous he really thought it was if he released it in the screen play "revolt in the stars". It was likely some mystery sandwich / PR / selling point he dreamed up to pull in the coin of the realm. Mimsey

Plot[edit]

In the screenplay's story, which takes place 75 million years before modern times, an evil galactic ruler, named Xenu, massacres millions of people with assistance from Chu, the Executive President of the Galactic Interplanetary Bank, and Chi, the Galactic Minister of Police.[1] Xenu's psychiatric advisers, Stug and Sty, help him gather "unwanted" beings from all of the planets in his control and transport them to Earth.[2] The beings are stacked around the bases of Earth's volcanoes including Loa, Mount Vesuvius, Mount Shasta, Mount Fuji, Mount Etna and others, and exterminated by detonating planted charges of atomic bombs.[8] In his script, Hubbard wrote: "Great winds raced simultaneously across the face of Earth, spreading tales of destruction..."[8] Xenu's massacre of these beings is called "Phase III."[2] A character named Mish is one of the only "Loyal Officers" who survives Xenu's organized massacre, and other characters include Lady Min and a hero figure, Rawl.[1]
wiki

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
ESMB has the story. It was during the Sea Project days, pre-Sea Org.

(Note: where Dart wrote 1050s, he meant 1950s.)

See http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-steal-Xenu-from&p=72944&viewfull=1#post72944

Originally Posted by DartSmohen in Feb 2008;

I guess it is time to put some truth out about OT3.

I was there when Hubbard was winding up his research (Las Palmas 67.)

We were the Sea Project, long before the Sea Org was created.

You have to understand the level of drugs Hubbard was on at the time. This was well after his cocaine and Phenobarbitone stuff of the 50's. He was heavily into barbituates, codene etc. He had a shore base called "Estrella", down the coast. I saw his pharmecutical store there, it was huge.

The original 3 materials were handwritten and photocopied backwards, so you had to hold them to a mirror to read them. I read them all when I was Chief of Advanced Courses on the ship. It was just like a 1050's science fiction story.

We had our first inkling of what was coming before we set sail fom the UK in April/May 67. Hubbard put out a confidential SP declare on one of our staff, John Laurence (former chaplain at St Hill). In it he stated that John was no longer the person we thought he was, having been taken over by another or other beings.

In Las Palmas Hubbard used to talk quite openly about his "research". He used to say that the main street in Gran Canaria was exactly like it was 75 million years ago, exact in every detail. He got some really funny looks from several members of the crew. I don't think there was more than a couple of members who bought into the story. In order to satisfy the rest of us he added a line about Loyal Officers. This was a clever move as it allowed us to simply say that we never got the implant as we were away at the time.

Outside the dockyard there was a church. On Feast Days (there were many) an evening service took place. It was dark and there was always a small crowd.

First there was a candle lit procession, followed by a loud bang, then a series of flashing lights, another procession came out from the church, led by men carrying poles on which figures of cherubs were mounted. Following this came a replica of the ark of the covenant, with a winged chariot on it. The procession traversed around the forecourt.All the time preyers were being said, led by a priest in long robes. Then firecrackers went off and the candles were extinguished, leaving the place in darkness as the processions re-entered the church.

Hubbard used to say that this was a replica of Inc 1. I wonder where he got the idea of Inc 1 from?

It is up to each person to decide for themselves if they wish to subscribe to the theory and story of OT3. I just thought that a bit of background info might help you to align your thoughts.

In case you are wondering whether any of this is true or not, ask Alan. He was there too.

Originally Posted by Alan in March 2008:
It is true!

The write up that is of Darth! :)

Here's a link to the actual post: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...n-running-OT-III&p=63144&viewfull=1#post63144

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
The current OT4 is an OT111 style Drug Rundown.
I delivered lots of them.

Yes. Interesting. :) Where did you Audit Phenom...AOLA?

But since "back in the day" one did OT III then OT 7.....then OT III "expanded"......I was under the impression that the next level ...OT 4....was not the same as it is today.

I suppose I could look at some materials on the WEB....and find out...:p

Leland

Crusader
There is a "confidential" LRH Tape that is on the Class 8 Auditor's course.....

In that tape LRH does mention Xenu and Xemu......

Parts of that tape are available on the WEB.....but don't know if the entire tape is available....

Solly, no have linky....

:biggrin:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes. Interesting. :) Where did you Audit Phenom...AOLA?

But since "back in the day" one did OT III then OT 7.....then OT III "expanded"......I was under the impression that the next level ...OT 4....was not the same as it is today.

I suppose I could look at some materials on the WEB....and find out...:p
Your impression is correct. The current OT4, The OT Drug Rundown, is NEW OT4. The original OT4 was a helluvalot different.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Also around the same time the Sea Organization was formed.....1967.

I recall some testimony that Hubbard had did some of the 'research' aboard the small yacht 'Enchanter', later named 'Diana'.

Nice names, huh? I did a stint on the 'Diana' when it was owned by a rich OZ Scientologist named Harry Mason.

What a nightmare!

Never get into a room you can't leave with crazy people.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I don't know how dangerous he really thought it was if he released it in the screen play "revolt in the stars". It was likely some mystery sandwich / PR / selling point he dreamed up to pull in the coin of the realm.

Exactly!

It was just as "dangerous" as his 1938 book "EXCALIBUR", which Dr. Hubbard claimed (whilst hyperbolically hawking the book in the hope of make a publishing deal) would lead otherwise strong-minded men to go insane or kill themselves.

"...whoever read it either went insane or committed suicide. And he said that the last time he had shown it to a publisher in New York, he walked into the office to find out what the reaction was, the publisher called for the reader, the reader came in with the manuscript, threw it on the table and threw himself out of the skyscraper window."

Hubbard openly calls this sort of carnival hawker gimmick (to draw a crowd by making outrageous claims) a "good publishing trick" (see below):

In a 1949 letter to (his literary agent) Ackerman, Hubbard discusses his work "DARK SWORD -cause and cure of nervous tension – properly – THE SCIENCE OF MIND, really EXCALIBUR". Hubbard promises that the work will give the reader the power to "rape women without their knowing it, communicate suicide messages to your enemies as they sleep, sell the Arroyo Seco Parkway to the mayor for cash, evolve the best way of protecting or destroying communism, and other handy house hold hints.[SUP][17][/SUP] Hubbard assured Ackerman that the book had "more selling and publicity angles than any book of which I have ever heard." In the same month, he told Writers' Markets and Methods magazine that he was working on a "book of psychology".[SUP][18][/SUP] Hubbard cautions his friend "If you go crazy, remember you were warned", adding that "...a good publishing trick" is to require that buyers sign a legal waiver "releasing the author of all responsibilities if the reader goes nuts".

His "good publishing trick" for Excalibur failed and nobody wanted the book. Hubbard stewed in the rejection for the next decade until he (again) claimed to have a book (DMSMH) that unlocked and absolutely solved the eternal problems of physical and mental illness. He had already claimed that his earlier manuscript (Excalibur) was so earth shattering that its mere reading would cause the death of men; now, he needed a newer and even more outrageous marketing hook, and he found it by calling Dianetics "...a milestone for man comparable to his discovery of fire and superior to his invention of the wheel and the arch."

Now to your point--whether Hubbard believed his own blatantly fraudulent lies--whether OT III would cause readers to promptly go insane ("freewheel") and die--can be answered rather simply. No. Otherwise, why would he have released the Xenu story in a screenplay he hawked all over Hollywood called "REVOLT IN THE STARS". The answer is not flattering for the Operating Thetan known as L. Ron Hubbard. He would do or say anything to achieve fame & fortune.

In case anyone needs more proof, he did the same about face with Excalibur. (see excerpt below from Wiki):

By 1957, Hubbard had advertised a "very limited edition" of Excalibur at a price of $1,500 per copy."

Hubbard's ad cautions that "four of the first fifteen people who read it went insane". He promised that the work contained "data not to be released during Mr. Hubbard's stay on earth."

On a positive note, there is something that can be said in favorite of Dr. Hubbard. He was an undeniable "upstat" because his original claims that "4 out of 15" people went insane reading Excalibur, by the time the of his death in 1986 nearly 100% of the people forced to read Hubbard's words over an extended period of time (aka "Scientologists") also "went insane", including Hubbard himself.

Last edited: