From Marty: Pay Your Freeloader Debt At A Discount!

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
From Marty: Pay Your Freeloader Debt At A Discount!

Miscavige Reform

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/miscavige-reform/

Relevant excerpt:
The evidence is in this ”Church” of Scientology email message below:
Hi, I want to let you know important data that I just got from uplines. This is not to make you worried or a gimmick etc. I found out that this pilot project in ILO on freeloaders does not exist anymore. Also an issue on FL billings is being worked on and will come out soon, which changes the way how FL’s get billed and the amount of any bill will very likely increase.

I urge you though to find a solution and you are done and can get back on lines. You don’t want to wait and pay more afterwards. For example, the earlier issue on freeloader bills told to pay all courses at full price. That was quite different. Now let’s see what will be done. In addition we have a regular 25% credit and that ends at 30 June! Look this over and find a way. You can also go over with me. I am interested to see how we can complete your debt right away,

ML, Marcel Org Collections Officer FSO
Tel (001) 727 467 5302
Fax (001) 727 467 5301
E-Mail: [email protected]
Background comment:
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/miscavige-reform/#comment-134707
Hy Levy | July 13, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Reply
Marty,

I knew Marcel (guy who wrote the email) very well. His STAT is GI from “collections”. F/L bills is one of his main lines of income. He gets tremendous pressure to get his stats up. This email is a sales gimmick. LRH said (can’t give you the exact reference) never to promote a price increase as it unstabilizes the public. This is a kind of veiled threat to pay now….or else….you’ll pay more later. A gimmick to get the GI in the door now. Simple. Nothing more. The good news is…who cares…..My F/L debt was supposedly cancelled form this special project. No one told me why. I assumed they “came to their senses”, saw I had made the Church between $ 150-200 Million dollars in the 15 years I was a reg, and figured maybe I wasn’t freeloading all that time. It didn’t really matter to me as I couldn’t come up with any valid reason to pay it anyway. How can anyone, except someone who really fits the definition of a “freeloader” (like joined, got services, left and produced nothing in the meantime) actually have a debt to an organization where they worked their guts out, day in and day out, got treated OK when stats were up (sometimes this was true), got treated like a common criminal when their stats were down (with no regard for their basic overall production level), worked for next to nothing in terms of pay and put up with a Nazi/Stalinesque environment most of the time….how can this person have a bill to pay? Excuse me? A bill is where you pay for a service that’s been rendered. You mean I have to pay for having been abused and treated like a sub-human slave?

I’d love to see everything LRH actually wrote on this subject. I know he didn’t intend for the current implementation of it to ever exist. LRH was big on the subject of exchange, so why would he institute a policy that flies in the teeth of a whole body of data. Answer: He wouldn’t. Miscavige didn’t invent the current F/L debt handlings, but he sure didn’t try to fix them either. Another nail in his coffin. ‘nuf said.

Hy Levy

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
LRH was big on the subject of exchange, so why would he institute a policy that flies in the teeth of a whole body of data. Answer: He wouldn’t. Miscavige didn’t invent the current F/L debt handlings, but he sure didn’t try to fix them either.

Sigh. :confused2: :no:

Hold on to your horses - from what I recall, the freeloaders originally were the people who joined the SO, got trained up to class 6, 7 ,8 or whatever, routed out, and went to work for a franchise or lower org, or even a field group or their own field practice and made big bucks. That really pissed the old man off and so he instituted the FL flag orders to stop the practice.

That said, the church also has a policy prohibiting ex-so from working at orgs and missions, so why even bother with freeloader debts? Humm. Could it be they want your money?

Naw..

Not from the most valuable people on earth, no way dude. We're talking about a shoulder to shoulder over the ramparts charge, aren't we? :no:?

Straight down into the mud? No, that was the other dude... the height challenged one.

Mimsey

lronmuppet

Very interesting...

Does anyone have a reference for:

"never to promote a price increase as it unstabilizes the public"

T

TheSneakster

Hold on to your horses - from what I recall, the freeloaders originally were the people who joined the SO, got trained up to class 6, 7 ,8 or whatever, routed out, and went to work for a franchise or lower org, or even a field group or their own field practice and made big bucks. That really pissed the old man off and so he instituted the FL flag orders to stop the practice.

The first Hubbard Policy Letter regarding "Freeloaders" was issued in 1959 - long before there ever was a Sea Organization or Class VI, VII or VIII.

At that time, one could make Staff Status II (the requirement for free Tech training and processing) and finish training through Class IV within a few months.

Last edited by a moderator:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
In fact Scientology is being 'wog'ishly' reasonable with those FL bills! - Don't expect such leniency to last!

As a scientologist you know very well that you really should pay a dollar for each year you failed to fullfill your Sea Org contract! - I'm sure you'll agree that ONE measly dollar in reimbursement for a year of undelivered service is more than reasonable. You're getting off cheap!

:melodramatic:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
In fact Scientology is being 'wog'ishly' reasonable with those FL bills! - Don't expect such leniency to last!

As a scientologist you know very well that you really should pay a dollar for each year you failed to fullfill your Sea Org contract! - I'm sure you'll agree that ONE measly dollar in reimbursement for a year of undelivered service is more than reasonable. You're getting off cheap!

:melodramatic:

You're right! I'll put one penny in a bank account today, and they can collect the Compound Interest in 1,000,000,000,000 years' time.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

freethinker

Sponsor
The first Freeloader policy 1958 says in proper colors:

"Any staff member may leave staff at any time.

If the staff member does leave a TECHNICAL POST WITHOUT GOOD AND SUFFICIENT REASON in the first year of his employment, he is charged $1,000.00 for his training, providing he has not been dimissed."

Per the above, you would have to have been on a technical post, had to have left before a year was up, not dismissed, and pay only $1000.

In 1969 he wrote:

" An SO missionto orgs in the USD recently uncovered undermanned orgs as a reason for low stats.

According to this mission many people had joined staffs, signed contracts, gotten free services and then went off staff.

Such contract breakers are to be designated FREELOADERS.

They are ineligable for further services at any org until they have corrected their overt."

The above is the definition of a FREELOADER in Scientology.

So if you signed a contract, got free services and then left you are a FREELOADER.

How many staff have done that?

For those of you who did sign a contract, got free services and then left without doing any work well, you can't do anymore services unless you correct it - sorry:biggrin:

The only debt and only if you are tech staff who left before a years sevice, you owe $1000, so pay up!:biggrin:

There is no freeloader debt unless you fit snugly into the top definition>

But, thefatman, this freeloader policy is illegal? Maybe for a "wog" church, or a comon garden variety business, but since the Headleys (correct me if I am wrong here) lost their case (the one on staff abuse, forced abortions etc) on the fact the constitional law trumps state law, practically anything the church adopts as church religous doctrine can't be overturned.

Meaning, if they decided not to give any refunds for any reason whatsoever since the money is being used for the greater good to clear the planet, no one would ever get a penny back in the US of A. And it would be legal for them to do so.

How is that other case, the jewish couple (not sure the specifics) who are suing because their donations are not being granted the same status as Scientology's donos? Is it making progress?

Mimsey

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
But, thefatman, this freeloader policy is illegal? Maybe for a "wog" church, or a comon garden variety business, but since the Headleys (correct me if I am wrong here) lost their case (the one on staff abuse, forced abortions etc) on the fact the constitional law trumps state law, practically anything the church adopts as church religous doctrine can't be overturned.

Meaning, if they decided not to give any refunds for any reason whatsoever since the money is being used for the greater good to clear the planet, no one would ever get a penny back in the US of A. And it would be legal for them to do so.

How is that other case, the jewish couple (not sure the specifics) who are suing because their donations are not being granted the same status as Scientology's donos? Is it making progress?

Mimsey

I have to assume you posted this tongue in cheek. If not, enjoy paying your free loader bill!

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
No, seriously, based on the constition, they have the right to do what ever the fuck they want, except inurement. Mimsey

Damn so all that contract law on the books would be useless!

Seriously though, I think you have misunderstood the judges ruling in the Hedley case. I'd even go so far as to say your interpretation of what the Hedley case was about is incorrect.

I won't though, it be terribly rude of me.

I'd like to hear which part of the US Constitution you think governs churches?

the freedom of religion amendment. But, I believe when they got religous recognition by the IRS there was some secret document they signed ( since leaked to the press) called Fair Use which states they have to pay refunds in 10 days. That doesn't mean they have to mail it in 10 days, as some have reported on the board......

I could be wrong about the Headly's judgment, but I believe that was the crux of the defense. (that abuse and low pay of staff was church religous doctrine)

Any body else know for sure?

Mimsey

AnonKat

Crusader
FREELOADER BILLS ARE NOT ILLIGAL IN ITSELF BUT THEY ARE NOT ENFORCABLE BY LAW

BASICLY ONE IS A STUPID COW FOR PAYING UP

Mimsey