What's new

FSSO repayments suffering from lack of money?

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
I have been involved in five Repayment cycles this year, two from our family and three from friends and I am struck by the lack of uniformity in how these cycles were handled.

Two Flag repayment cycles were handled efficiently and with ARC. Two Org repayment cycles were handled more slowly, but they did complete in a reasonable time.

I saw FSSO repayment cycles that were completed in the past year, but I fear that the FSSO is running short of funds these days because I have been pushing a repayment cycle for over 120 days and I have yet to get a straight answer from the Chaplain. I get cheerful no-answer answers instead of answers to direct questions.

The Chaplain has passed TR-L with flying colors and our email exchanges reflect her mastery of the art of saying nothing very gracefully. In spite of her skill at dissembling, I am getting the idea that there is no money available to pay back my unused account balance.

When I see the way other orgs handle repayments, vs the way the Freewinds handles repayments, I have to wonder if the OT 8s have been looking at the Internet and changing their minds about signing up for services.

This would put a big crimp in repayments because repayments come out of current income rather than a special fund to cover undelivered services.

Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in FSSO repayments?

Feral

Rogue male
Just lately there has been a slow down on all repayments. I believe Larry Anderson has had a bastard of a time getting his money back. I don't even know if he has it yet.

Cult is under siege from a spike in repayment cycles. Don't know how come.....

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
YES

I have been involved in five Repayment cycles this year, two from our family and three from friends and I am struck by the lack of uniformity in how these cycles were handled.

Two Flag repayment cycles were handled efficiently and with ARC. Two Org repayment cycles were handled more slowly, but they did complete in a reasonable time.

I saw FSSO repayment cycles that were completed in the past year, but I fear that the FSSO is running short of funds these days because I have been pushing a repayment cycle for over 120 days and I have yet to get a straight answer from the Chaplain. I get cheerful no-answer answers instead of answers to direct questions.

The Chaplain has passed TR-L with flying colors and our email exchanges reflect her mastery of the art of saying nothing very gracefully. In spite of her skill at dissembling, I am getting the idea that there is no money available to pay back my unused account balance.

When I see the way other orgs handle repayments, vs the way the Freewinds handles repayments, I have to wonder if the OT 8s have been looking at the Internet and changing their minds about signing up for services.

This would put a big crimp in repayments because repayments come out of current income rather than a special fund to cover undelivered services.

Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in FSSO repayments?

Yes, I've been waiting tooooo long, and should have done it sooner anyway.

The size of the law suit I'll bring will make the repayment look like a bargain by comparison.

Outethicsofficer

It took us ages to get our funds from the FSSO, eventually we did. I'd send them a letter saying hey guys are you out of money? It seems you are having a difficulty in paying this money due us.
James

Happy Days

Yes we did get our repayment from the FSSO back but it did take a bit of time.

In the end I wrote a KR, through the RTC website, on the Chaplain and whoever else was working on the cycle and the violations of policies etc.

We received our money not too long after that... date coincident... I really don't know but we did get the funds.

Just remember ... persistence overcomes resistence :thumbsup:

Best of luck.

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
perhaps they are trying a new tactic - delay as long as possible to try to deter more people from trying to get a repayment.

I say KR AND give them a deadline. If my money isnt refunded by blah date I will go to the media, Fair Trade Ombudsman, file a very public law suit/tell all my Scientology contacts that you are creating a PR flap/all of the above.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Personally I'd suggest you do all the above and more very quickly - the whole cult seems to be running out of money.:yes:

Can't understand why - it is the world's fastest growing religion.:whistling:

Don't bother with Kea, the chaplain. She's useless.

Talk to the Legal Dir FSSO, Ludwig Alpers. He will help you get your repayment.

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
Personally I'd suggest you do all the above and more very quickly - the whole cult seems to be running out of money.:yes:

No sarcasm now, Scooter.

Per my new glossy and probably expensive magazine that I just received yesterday, 5 new Idle (oops, I mean Ideal) Orgs have opened up 'round the world! And they are booming!!!!! Afterall, if it is written, it is true, right? :D

-PWC

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
Thanks for the support

I sent Ludwig an email a few minutes ago. I will let you all know what happens.

I appreciate the insider information as I have been offlines for years and have no recent information on the actual FSSO command and control structure.

The slowdown in repayments is creating an ethical dilemma. I am torn between warning others about the current state of the church or urging them to donate so I can get my repayments sooner. :whistling:

smartone

My Own Boss

Tell them to sell a few of their empty "ideal orgs".

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
No sarcasm now, Scooter.

Per my new glossy and probably expensive magazine that I just received yesterday, 5 new Idle (oops, I mean Ideal) Orgs have opened up 'round the world! And they are booming!!!!! Afterall, if it is written, it is true, right? :D

-PWC

There is where repayment money went. Did you notice that in all the pictures the rooms were completely empty?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Don't bother with Kea, the chaplain. She's useless.

Talk to the Legal Dir FSSO, Ludwig Alpers. He will help you get your repayment.

I agree.

In dealing with any org terminal, there's a two-step checklist:
1) Does this person have the power to resolve my issue? If not, find another person.

2) Do I have the power to affect this person's stat negatively if I don't get what I want? If not, the person will have no interest.​

The chaplain has no power to make anybody in the org do anything. The purpose of the chaplain these days is to stall people who are making demands, until they go away.

The correct person to go to is the one whose stat involves avoiding legal flaps AND who has the power to force the FP committee to cough up money, ie OSA Legal.

You can also call the number, 727-445-4309 and ask to speak to Ludwig Alpers and either talk to him or leave him a message. He's a very nice guy.

Blue Spirit

Good Advice

perhaps they are trying a new tactic - delay as long as possible to try to deter more people from trying to get a repayment.

I say KR AND give them a deadline. If my money isnt refunded by blah date I will go to the media, Fair Trade Ombudsman, file a very public law suit/tell all my Scientology contacts that you are creating a PR flap/all of the above.

Advice I will take in the very near future, ALL.

Note to OSA: If you know who I am, the lawsuit will be well into 7 figures.
I AM NOT BLUFFING !!!:grouch::angry:

AnonKat

Crusader
I sent Ludwig an email a few minutes ago. I will let you all know what happens.

I appreciate the insider information as I have been offlines for years and have no recent information on the actual FSSO command and control structure.

The slowdown in repayments is creating an ethical dilemma. I am torn between warning others about the current state of the church or urging them to donate so I can get my repayments sooner. :whistling:

epic dillema

FoTi

Crusader
No sarcasm now, Scooter.

-PWC

The only way they would be booming is if someone threw a bomb in them.

(I'm not suggesting that anyone do that, by the way...:nervous:...not a good thing to do.) :no:

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
I am still escalating this FSSO repayment request

The FSSO Legal Dir and Chaplain are still dodging communication so I wrote a letter to Tom Tobin of the SP Times and copied Ludwig Alpers on it.

I figured if Ludwig would not read e-mail directed to him, he just might read my e-mail to Tom Tobin since he was copied on it.

I was asked by Tom Tobin to supply him with C of S repayment information when he was writing about Larry Anderson back in December.

I am suggesting that FSSO may be hurting more than they can admit since all of the other orgs are managing to handle repayments in much less time.

If any of you who are waiting for FSSO repayments would like to lend your voices to the cause, Tom Tobin's email address is:
"tom tobin" <[email protected]>

David St Lawrence
Old Auditor