What's new

Fundamentalist KSW IS blog: What is RIGHT with Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
From the Fundamentalist KSW IS blog: What is RIGHT with Scientology

http://www.iscientology.org/scientology-blog/416-what-is-right-with-scientology
What is RIGHT with Scientology

By Michael Moore

"We have long said that that which is not admired tends to persist. If no one admires a person for being right, then that person's "brand of being right" (will persist, no matter how mad it sounds)." LRH, You Can Be Right ABILITY MAGAZINE

So much attention is focused on what is considered wrong with scientology, both in the media and social networks, as well as from disillusioned scientologists, anti scientologists and others, that what is right about scientology is very often overlooked.

Religion and Philosophy

When any religion or philosophy or even new political ideology arises it tends to upset the existing stability datum for that society. Usually these are initially resisted and there is a cultural lag before a new stability settles down in the society. The new philosophy, religious or political will be accepted to the degree it is not too far from the existing reality. The further away or more radical, perhaps, the longer the cultural lag before it is accepted within that society.

In today’s western society man is cultured into believing that he is basically bad, cannot be changed for the better, and is a body only run by a brain and all efforts are in the direction of reducing man’s level of responsibility through the encouragement of laziness and increased regulation. Through repetition such mores become the accepted norm and efforts to introduce a more causative approach for man, such as Scientology, hit this head on. Hence it takes time to assimilate a new and radical ‘think’.

In Scientology the philosophy includes some basic premises that are at variance with the accepted norm. Some examples include:

Man is basically good.

Man can change for the better.

Man is not a body but a composite of mind, body, spirit.

It is ok to be responsible among others.

This can cause some confusion in the western culture flying in the face of the accepted norm. Of course, as time wears on these previously accepted assumptions will become shaky and a certain amount of confusion is liable to blow off. Then more right premises will be accepted and man will inch forward a little more towards independent freedom.

It can be remarked that in the eastern civilizations, Scientology as a philosophy is likely to be more acceptable since it does not undermine as many of the stable data of those societies.

A philosophy that acknowledges man’s ability to be responsible and more at cause is the first right aspect of Scientology.

Applied Technology

One remarkable feature of Scientology which no prior philosophy has been able to provide is an exact codified route one can follow to freedom as a being. There are many philosophies and religions with promises either based upon behavior or practicing certain rituals to assure oneself a place among the gods so to speak. But not one of these religions or philosophical ideologies or practices, prior to Scientology, attempted to increase the abilities, responsibility and causative levels of an individual using a practical application of the philosophy in the form of a technology, the techniques of auditing and the bridge over which to travel to attain higher states of being in a measured and predicable fashion. On the contrary it was a case of pray hard or meditates hard and leave everything to the gods.

A reversal of attitude and change from effect to cause is another right aspect of Scientology.

A different attitude – Auditing

Auditing is the application that is new and novel in this universe. There is no other practice like it. Some people might cite psychology as a possible contender but that science, if one can call it that, is very much a hit and miss affair with no predictable results on a one for one case when the technology of auditing is exactly applied.

The application of directing an individual’s attention to areas that can resolve his difficulties and make them vanish is new in this universe. The step by step process of addressing specific areas and individual has, to the point of each area being cleared of any and all issues interfering with the individuals self determinism is new in this universe. Scientology is about man finding out who he really is and putting him at cause over his life.

This is what marks Scientology as different to any religion, philosophy, or therapy that has gone on before. Considering that this is likely to be the case throughout the entire universe of beings, this is a remarkable achievement to say the least.

A new applied philosophy that achieves results on a one for one basis in a predictable manner is another right aspect of scientology.

Conclusion

"Truth is built by those who have the breadth and balance to see also where they're wrong." LRH, You Can Be Right," ABILITY MAGAZINE

The answer to the universe and everything in it (or out of it come to that) is evidently not 42 as the late Doug Adams portrays in his book** and, believe it or not, as some scientists, would have us believe*. The axioms, the factors, conditions and other basic laws discovered by LRH give a concise rendition of who we are and what the universe actually is and what our relationship is to it. It not only shows us the dreams to which we aspire but it also shows us the route by which we can achieve our aspiration.

And that lies above and beyond any possible negativity about scientology. Scientology is, indeed right.

*http://www.independent.co.uk/news/yes-the-answer-to-the-universe-really-is-42-1351201.html

**The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comments

0 # calvin b. duffield 2013-03-16 11:19

Michael, this is a superb post. Just what the doctor ordered, to counter the invalidations by those who cannot move beyond their critical attitudes. As an Auditor, one is trained to recognize that those who constantly find fault with someone, or something, usually are sitting with hidden deeds, which motivate hostility and criticism.

It's just a fact which an auditor works with, in order to assist a being to "let go" of the hostility,via a full disclosure of the hidden deed/s and thereby permit the critical party to regain his/her integrity and/or ARC for others. Good old Grade two stuff, no less.

Focusing on what is right in Scientology, ("with Ron") actually keeps Scientology working.

Wonderful summary of all the salient points that needed to be said, Michael.

Thank you so much indeed,

Calvin.

Reply | Reply with quote | Quote

+1 # Chris Mann 2013-03-16 14:12

I was just thinking along this line.

It's beginning to feel like something is wrong with you if you don't want to criticize Scientology or LRH. Like you are somehow backwards, behind the times, unenlightened, imprisoned by your beliefs. You might even be called a names or labeled.

While I think it is good to have the ability to accept or reject data and to evaluate subjects, It seems one can get stuck making himself right. or perhaps in an effort to assert ones ability to reject data one can develop an illogical bent towards figuring out how they can be right- finding and interpreting data to fit this predisposition.

After that it just seems to get complex and serious and the subject gets buried.

| Reply with quote | Quote

Yes, Calvin, the people who constantly find fault with Scientology are "sitting with hidden deeds, which motivate hostility and criticism." It is not like there is sufficient material for one to "constantly find fault with Scientology."

Yes, Chris, because a Scientologist would never label anyone or call somebody names. Hmmmm, now where was it that I was taught to label people PTS, SP, DB, NCG?

Finally, the "with Ron" construction is key, and is a shot at Marty's, as is the entire post.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
http://www.iscientology.org/scientology-blog/416-what-is-right-with-scientology#comment-768
# Chris Black 2013-03-16 22:37 Michael,

This is an excellent blog article. Thank you for posting it. There is much right about Scientology. In fact, all of Scientology - tech, admin, ethics - is right, if rightly and standardly applied.

A corollary to "that which is not admired tends to persist" is "that which you put your attention on you tend to get."

Putting attention on rightness is well covered in the issue "Granting Beingness" and the HCOB "You Can Be right". It is the only way a pc will get better. Perhaps it will be the only way the "perception" of Scientology will get better, too.

Calvin and Chris bring up valid points. Especially "with". The ability to differentiate is one of the highest abilities there is, and leads to sanity.

For me, I look to Source and keep my own counsel. One's integrity is paramount to discovering who one really is. Only then will one be truly free.

Chris Black
Class VIII C/S
"with" = "with Ron"

Osiris

Patron with Honors
What is right with Scientology..... now

1. Its membership & orgs are getting smaller, making a smaller footprint on the world
2. Its injustices are being shown widely in the media.... especially on the internet....
3. The Scientology cover-ups are being exposed.....
4. We can now get a better picture of what Scientology really is & what it produces.....
5. People are leaving Scientology &/or not getting involved with the Cult

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
A different attitude – Auditing

Auditing is the application that is new and novel in this universe. There is no other practice like it. Some people might cite psychology as a possible contender but that science, if one can call it that, is very much a hit and miss affair with no predictable results on a one for one case when the technology of auditing is exactly applied.

The application of directing an individual’s attention to areas that can resolve his difficulties and make them vanish is new in this universe. The step by step process of addressing specific areas and individual has, to the point of each area being cleared of any and all issues interfering with the individuals self determinism is new in this universe. Scientology is about man finding out who he really is and putting him at cause over his life.

This is what marks Scientology as different to any religion, philosophy, or therapy that has gone on before. Considering that this is likely to be the case throughout the entire universe of beings, this is a remarkable achievement to say the least.

"In this universe"

I always makes me LOL at how easy it is for scientologists to use this phrase as they try to add super-importance to their holy scripture.

For the vast majority of people "in this universe," doing so makes them appear idiotic at best but most likely utterly deluded.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
From the Fundamentalist KSW IS blog: What is RIGHT with Scientology

http://www.iscientology.org/scientology-blog/416-what-is-right-with-scientology

This whole fundamentalist KSW article is a perfect example of what is wrong with Scientology. It carefully looks at all the words and completely avoids looking at the results.

It is the words that trap you. The vast promises of miracles and grandiloquent rhetoric make you think Scientology is good and wonderful -- as long as you never, ever look at the results. "Miracles"? Nope. Abuses, failures, corruption? Lots.

The article is a flawless demonstration of exactly what is wrong with Scientology.

guanoloco

As-Wased
"In this universe"

I always makes me LOL at how easy it is for scientologists to use this phrase as they try to add super-importance to their holy scripture.

For the vast majority of people "in this universe," doing so makes them appear idiotic at best but most likely utterly deluded.

HelluvaHoax calls these ICIs for Idiotic Cult Idioms, or something like that. Good observation, it was TL;DR for me.

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
I don't know where the Blogger gets the idea that the cultural norm is that man can not get better. I'm sure Anthony Robbins would have a problem with this statement. Wasn't there a major shift in the 60's for higher states and consciousness raising that lead into the human potential movement in the 70's?

Long before that people were writing books on how to improve yourself, work, relationships, etc.

So where did the blogger's idea come about? Oh yeah, that's what Hubbard said the cultural norm is.

I guess "in this Universe" means "in Hubbard's head."

TG1

Angelic Poster
I think Chris Mann and Calvin Duffy are two of the most successful trolls on Scientology blogs / message boards today.

If someone's handing out awards for Trolling Skillz, these two deserve some blue ribbons.

TG1

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
CommunicatorIC,

These people who you call fundamentalists are mind control victims. For a couple of decades Marty was one of the handler's and programmer's. These guy's are so distant from reality that they only discovered about the AAC recently!!! Marty knew of the AAC three decades ago.

They found out Marty was lying and broke away.

When people find out Hubbard lied too, they will break away. They do not know this. Marty does. He could help a whole lot of people by telling the truth.

Marty is getting ready to throw another person off his blog for disagreeing with him. How long can he go on disconnecting, declaring, controlling until the only person left is his wife, working long shifts to keep his empire alive.

He's devalued one former Scientologist after another.

Andtheyalllived

Patron with Honors
Wow. Michael Moore is so "still-in," he might as well be living in an Ideal Org broom closet.
These guys make Marty look lucid, smart, and above all, MODERATE.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I would like to add that there seems to be some inter-connectivity between these Scientology factions despite some differences. If people can overlook some of Marty's short comings and be persistent with him, it may help change his personality. He might start to understand real love and compassion. His wife sure seems to be made of good stuff. This is a human tragedy. Marty's blog is so poisoned that I find it hard to read.

The one thing that hurts more than anything is child abuse. I'll never forget the way Marty verbally abused someone on his blog who has a miserable upbringing in Scientology.

Are all these fights really worth it? Is it worth hurting other people, losing friends, all over who protects Hubbard? If you want your third party, there he is there.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Wow. Michael Moore is so "still-in," he might as well be living in an Ideal Org broom closet.
These guys make Marty look lucid, smart, and above all, MODERATE.

Michael Moore still posts on Marty's board and has talked that way for as long as I've been aware of him. With him it seems to be a case of Stockholm Syndrome. He seems to want to appease Marty to try and get in on what he sees to be the bigger slice of cake. No integrity there.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
You seem to be missing the point;

Steve Hall and many others "do not know" because Marty and Mike do not let them know....

But Steve and some of his friends now believe that David Mayo was not an SP, despite all the warnings from Marty about Mayo the squirrel... How long before they realize the rest of M & M's SP list are not SP?

Michael Moore on the other hand has been out long enough and should know better. The IFA was one of my first steps out of Scientology altogether. Like Marty's board, if anyone did not fit the status quo they would get ripped to shreds. Chris Black used to do this to the Krenik's on Michael email/discussion list.

It must be hard for Marty too, to see the house of cards coming down. Hopefully they too will get to the stage where they stop believe that all these's ex's are "SP's".

Andtheyalllived

Patron with Honors
The one thing that hurts more than anything is child abuse. I'll never forget the way Marty verbally abused someone on his blog who has a miserable upbringing in Scientology.

If you could find that reference, I'd really like to read it...
Who does that?!

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
This whole fundamentalist KSW article is a perfect example of what is wrong with Scientology. It carefully looks at all the words and completely avoids looking at the results.

It is the words that trap you. The vast promises of miracles and grandiloquent rhetoric make you think Scientology is good and wonderful -- as long as you never, ever look at the results. "Miracles"? Nope. Abuses, failures, corruption? Lots.

The article is a flawless demonstration of exactly what is wrong with Scientology.

Why do I continue to hang around ESMB?

Brilliant, simple, piercing posts like this one!

Props to you!
245.gif

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
If you could find that reference, I'd really like to read it...
Who does that?!

Many of us discussed the thread where this happened. Got to be at least a year ago if not longer. I don't have the thread or the blog post tagged anymore. I don't wish to dig over it too much. But some young guy posted on the blog and was not hostile in any way, but was honest and said he didn't believe in the tech. Marty asked him to refute something in Dianetics and he said something along the lines of "my stepfather (or uncle) was supposed to be clear and still had colds". Marty from there onwards was extremely aggressive and threatened to kick the guy off the boards. Totally overlooked his experiences as a child growing up in the SO. The tech, you see, is the only thing worth preserving....

... Michael Moore on the other hand has been out long enough and should know better. ...

In point of fact, he does know better. :yes:

Over the years that Moore has been publicly active outside of the church I've had several direct exchanges with Michael on the point. He's personally well aware of the cognitive dissonance inherent between hubbard's real history versus the officially sanctioned version popular among the "loyalists". Nonetheless he has argued on behalf of preserving the memory of ron for pr purposes as opposed to open acknowledgement of the real history.

In defense of this stand, he has argued that the good that hubbard did outweighed the bad and thus justified keeping the bad out of sight. Many critics argue equally strongly for the opposite side of the argument; i.e. that the bad outweighs the good.

The reality that both aspects exist and require a full acknowledgement; i.e. neither aspect justifies an intentional ignoring of the other.

Or as in the example christians often cite (though more rarely implement :whistling:): judge not, that ye be not judged (Matthew 7:1).

... The IFA was one of my first steps out of Scientology altogether.

Like Marty's board, if anyone did not fit the status quo they would get ripped to shreds. ...

As one who for several years argued on those boards on behalf of a completely open and accurate discussion of the history of scientology, I can assure you it has been much the same as has been true here with the partisans of faction on esmb. :coolwink:

The only difference is that, unlike several of the freezone boards (IFA/APIS, FZorg, etc.) the management of esmb has long sought to promote free & open discussion on this board despite the often passionate appeals and efforts among some of the more partisan members to restrict the character of speech on the board. In contrast the management of fzorg boards have either been blatantly partisan themselves, as with IFA/APIS) or, as has been the case far too often, caved in to peer pressure exerted by their most stridently partisan members.

So much for TWTH and "seek to live with the truth". :)

Mark A. Baker

Last edited:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Many of us discussed the thread where this happened. Got to be at least a year ago if not longer. I don't have the thread or the blog post tagged anymore. I don't wish to dig over it too much. But some young guy posted on the blog and was not hostile in any way, but was honest and said he didn't believe in the tech. Marty asked him to refute something in Dianetics

Okay - here is some refute - if Dianetics worked - then why is Miscavige a raving lunatic? Why is Scientology a mess? It is a cult and it is crazy like Hubbard! Why did Hubbard go insane hiding in a trailer in California hiding from the law? Why does one get baited with Dianetics and then get "routed" on to the BRIDGE to total nowhere? A religion that boasts about freedom but NO ONE in the religion can say anything critical of the leader, the founder or the religion.:whistling:

You start with Dianetics and end up auditing off body theetans...you spend $$$,$$$ on your Bridge to find out at the top that you were auditing off your BT's past lives?

It is so easy to refute - step out of the cult and look lurkers...it is all there very easy to see the truth about this crazy and insane cult!

Scientology sucks! It does not work and I DO have evil intentions to destroy the cult by all legal means! Tell everyone I know to go on the internet and do their own research!! THAT works better than anything - speak out and tell everyone you know!

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
What is right with Scientology..... now

1. Its membership & orgs are getting smaller, making a smaller footprint on the world
2. Its injustices are being shown widely in the media.... especially on the internet....
3. The Scientology cover-ups are being exposed.....
4. We can now get a better picture of what Scientology really is & what it produces.....
5. People are leaving Scientology &/or not getting involved with the Cult

"We can now get a better picture of what Scientology really is & what it produces."

It used to produce initial wins and gains to get one started and committed and agreeing. As agreement and time in service increase, mystery increases with cost, creating a self-delusional evaluation of effectiveness, gauged by the refusal to see that one has now committed tens of thousands of dollars and then hundreds of thousands of dollars for an increased illusion and a decrease in effectiveness.

If you dropped the scam of religion and of spiritual salvation and of "third dynamic policy", you might have a self-improvement path. At reasonable cost for courses and an hourly rate for auditors that allowed a living to be made, even a good living, we'd be back to what Ron disbanded in 1952.

Now I don't think they even bother to create those initial gains and wins.