What's new

Fundraiser for 2013

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi everyone.

Yep, it's that time of the year again. We need to pay for our hosting for the next 12 months. Mick, Ethercat & myself have decided to stay with our existing host mainly because if it aint broke, don't fix it. Also the deal is pretty good for a dedicated server.

Siteground haven't updated their hardware from last year so we will be staying on the same server so there is no upgrade fees or the drama of moving the site from one server to another.

They have given us 10% off for renewing for 12 months. The cost is $219 per month = $2628.

http://www.siteground.com/dedicated_solutions.htm

They have quoted me $2248 for paying up front which is a saving of $380.

I have put a Pledgie up to collect donos. Pledgie charge 3% plus I need to take into account Paypal Fees of about 3% so I come to a total of $2383.00.

If we do manage to raise the funds, this will take ESMB well into its 6 year. January 4th is our anniversary (6 years).

I hope we can keep ESMB alive for another year. It will be decided by yourselves. Neither Mick, Ethercat or myself can afford to fund the cost by ourselves and rely on community support (as I have always done). If you feel it's worth continuing please throw a few dollars our way.

As always, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks everyone.

p.s One thing to remember with Pledgie - If you want to remain anonymous (i.e if you don't remain anonymous your paypal name will appear as a donor on the list) PLEASE remember to tick the box or change the appropriate details.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I've added some donations that were received prior to the launch of the fundraiser. Thanks guys :)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
--snipped--

If we do manage to raise the funds, this will take ESMB well into its 6 year. January 4th is our anniversary (6 years).

If the fundraising is short, I volunteer to produce a video of colorfully costumed ex-scientologists defiantly riding horses.

That always works to get donations.....:giggle:

iascrusade-1-1.jpg

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
ESMB is like a family to me. Some really good people. Vital information. Donated.

ethercat

Cat in flight
I want to thank everyone who's donated so far, and also those who are going to donate but haven't yet.

:thumbsup:

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
ESMB is like a family to me. Some really good people. Vital information. Donated.

I agreed Stat:)

Emma it seems like just a few weeks ago that you started ESMB and then wrote me for OK to put one of my affidavits on here. Jeeze it was almost 6 years ago!!!

And since that time so very many people have shared here, become so close here and we have helped each other heal.

Thank you so much for this Emma and also thank you to Mick and Ethercat for keeping this going. You all are wonderful!

I <3 you guys!

Donated.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had NO CHARGE on donating to this fundraiser! MY WINS:

ESMB helped me see that I was not alone - Scientology is a cult and it destroys lives or tries very hard to - all of the people I met here are courageous good people who got sucked into the cult because they wanted to help others. You all helped me!

Stats are climbing for ESMB - thank you for all you do!!:thankyou::party::woohoo::wink::heartflower::rose::handinhand::bighug:

WE STAND TALL!! The cult of Scientology stands small!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I agreed Stat:)

Emma it seems like just a few weeks ago that you started ESMB and then wrote me for OK to put one of my affidavits on here. Jeeze it was almost 6 years ago!!!

And since that time so very many people have shared here, become so close here and we have helped each other heal.

Thank you so much for this Emma and also thank you to Mick and Ethercat for keeping this going. You all are wonderful!

I <3 you guys!

Donated.

I remember that! And then we spoke on the phone some time later (I think). I was very nervous because I felt like I was speaking to royalty :nailbiting: but you put me at ease.

It doesn't seem like 6 years ago. Wow time flies. :biggrin:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Get in there fast, guys, or that Pledgie button will disappear and you'll have to wait another year to give your support. Not kidding, it goes fast!!!

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
I remember that! And then we spoke on the phone some time later (I think). I was very nervous because I felt like I was speaking to royalty :nailbiting: but you put me at ease.

It doesn't seem like 6 years ago. Wow time flies. :biggrin:

Oh wow I remember that phone call. I thought you'd be calling me from somewhere in the USA and initially had no idea you had to call from Australia.

I remember that it was so nice speaking with you though.

Pooks told me at her house once that she hoped you'd be visiting her there before long. I really hope so as I plan to come join you two:)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Looks like you're gonna make it!

Kinda. But these funds are just for the ESMB building.

Then we will have to raise a lot more for the interior decorating.

PLEASE PEOPLE, THE PLANET IS GOING TO BLOW UP!

FOR GOD'S SAKE, DONATE NOW WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME!!!

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
We only need $100 and we still alive, regardless.
SP Building is still dead. After millions of $. We own it.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/forum.php

333v09e.jpg

LOL, how cool is that!

Years ago on ars, a number of us had "positions" in arscc (wdne), which stands for "alt.religion.scientology central committee (we do not exist)".

I took the position of "Executive Vice President" for two reasons:

1) no one in the world knows what an "Executive Vice President" does (verses the more obvious roles of "president", "secretary" and "treasurer"). Therefore I would be expected to do nothing at all which suited me just fine; and

2) executive officers got keys to the washrooms in arscc (wdne) buildings in all 75 planets of the confederation of planets.

Well, I want a key for an executive washroom in the above ESMB building above so I volunteer for the [STRIKE]demanding[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]work-intensive[/STRIKE] completely useless position of Executive Vice President of the newly formed ESMB Central Committee (wdne).

I call dibs on the ladies room on the penthouse floor!!

Last edited:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I tried, I failed...I'll mail you a check Emma.

Send me your address, please.

Sorry.

Love, Tory/Magoo

PS: And :thankyou: To Allllllllllllllllllllll of you who have chipped in. I was chatting and just found out now (2:15 am) that
this was even happening, thanks to The_Fixer who mentioned it. Yay for one more YEAR!
I :hug: Love ESMB!

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
A HUGE thank you to everyone who has donated. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the amount is reached.

I'll leave the Pledgie up until the weekend and hopefully we'll get the last few dollars. Even if we don't I reckon I can cover it now. I'll pay for the hosting on Saturday.

Thanks again everyone. You guys are great!! :biggrin:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just tried to donate the last $29 and couldn't get the screen to activate. Is it now closed?