What's new

Fundraiser for ESMB 2017

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi everyone,

Yes it's that time of year again. Our server bill is due and if we want ESMB to go on another year we have to ask for your support.

Most of you probably know that I'm no longer an admin or moderator of the board. Ethercat is the owner now but I did promise to help with the fund raising, so here I am :)

ESMB turns 10 years old on the 4th January 2017. I never thought it would last 6 months let alone 10 years. I know some of you have been around since the very beginning. I can't believe so much time has gone by.

Anywho, if you would like to donate please click on the link below:

https://pledgie.com/campaigns/32958

Usually we have a badge in the header but I have no access to put the code in. I'm sure EC will have it up in a day or two. Meanwhile you can still go to the web page direct through that link.

Thanks for your support over the years.

Emma

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I guess I could be considered one of the originals and ESMB is so much a part of my life now. I do know that without the connection, discussions and information I would be in a very different place, as would many others. It's been a lifesaver, literally. Thankyou so much Emma for your courage in establishing this board and Ethercat for her amazing work keeping it going and the mods who keep an eye on it all.

It still amazes me that such a valuable resource is totally independent and most of all still here. 10 years, wow it doesn't seem that long! Run by donations and volunteers, what a remarkable achievement. The stories and discussions are invaluable. I hope that Pledgie fills soon!

ethercat

Cat in flight
The Pledgie badge is up!

ESMB's earlier downtime today was caused by too many HTTP connections (web requests) which ran the server out of memory. This is not normally a problem, but I think maybe someone doesn't like the upcoming Leah Remini series getting publicity here. :coolwink:

I seem to remember some DDoS-like behavior afflicting the site when the news about her series first came out, too.

Thanks to anyone who donates to keep our entheta online! :hattip:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Wow, 10 years!! TEN YEARS!!!

This calls for some kind of ceremonial symbol of achievement. That's the way Ron would have wanted it.

Thus, we will now conduct a standard survey to determine which would be the most theta way to validate the unprecedented achievement:

Pick One (1) of the following:

EVERYONE ON ESMB IS PHOTOGRAPHED WITH A JUMBO CERTIFICATE THAT THEY CAN HOLD OVER THEIR OWN HEADS, WHILE ALSO HOLDING A GOOFY GRIN AND PRETENDING EVERYTHING'S ALL QUITE NORMAL.

EVERYONE ON ESMB GETS A MEDAL LIKE TOM CRUISE.THEN
THEY PIVOT SMARTLY TO FACE A 100 FOOT HIGH PHOTO
OF EMMA IN A COMMODORE COSTUME, FOLLOWED BY A
CRISP SALUTE AND PROUDLY ANNOUNCING "DONE SIR!"

Jump

Operating teatime

This calls for some kind of ceremonial symbol of achievement. That's the way Ron would have wanted it.

Thus, we will now conduct a standard survey to determine which would be the most theta way to validate the unprecedented achievement:

EVERYONE ON ESMB IS PHOTOGRAPHED WITH A JUMBO CERTIFICATE THAT THEY CAN HOLD OVER THEIR OWN HEADS, WHILE ALSO HOLDING A GOOFY GRIN AND PRETENDING EVERYTHING'S ALL QUITE NORMAL.

After that we can all drive our Bluebird Motorhomes down to the Stupid Thread then party wildly on rum with lots of pinks and greys. Of course after all that, we shoot each other's arse full of Vistaril before seeing who can get the highest voltage out of an e-Meter.

If it's not fun it's not ESMB. :happydance:

Scientology on the other hand is just a waste of time .

Then we can all watch Leah's new TV series and post comments online

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
More than happy to contribute to ESMB. Long may the group live !
Some things just live on and on and have no expiration date :yes::yes::yes:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dear Michelle (and EVERYONE at ESMB),

Thank you so much for this wonderful board.

My means are modest, but my donation is given with great love and appreciation!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Dear Michelle (and EVERYONE at ESMB),

Thank you so much for this wonderful board.

My means are modest, but my donation is given with great love and appreciation!

I concur mon, wish I had some funds to spare but as it is, if I had some, I'd probably help WhyWeProtest first since they are floundering a tad month-to-month, for such a wealth of info's it makes me a bit sadness :(

I am sometimes a wee bit perplexed that there hasn't been an 'ex'/out yet that has 'made it' outside of mind-raping cult, that has found it in their hearts to support both places outright just because it is such a good cause... :confused2:
edit~
Seriously, if I had a couple of shekles in the bank I'd give each my all so there'd be no worries for anyone, this is great service to humanity imho. Not just for those who've been through the meat-grinder o' Hubbard, but for everyone who becomes tangled up in mind-control cults/religions/woo. That be all i haz ta say atm...

I go nao. :run:

:whistling:

Last edited:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron

EVERYONE ON ESMB IS PHOTOGRAPHED WITH A JUMBO CERTIFICATE THAT THEY CAN HOLD OVER THEIR OWN HEADS, WHILE ALSO HOLDING A GOOFY GRIN AND PRETENDING EVERYTHING'S ALL QUITE NORMAL.​

I LOVE that idea. Maybe one of ESMB's professional photo-shoppers could come up with a 'cert' that we could print out and put in a frame and then take a pic.

Free Being Me

Crusader

Or better yet, Congratulations! You are now a Moderator door prizes for everyone. I swear that was one of the funniest April Fools jokes I've ever seen here.

On a serious note, congratulations to Emma, Ethercat, the Mods, and all the board members making ESMB a unique community of people.

:party:

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm having trouble using paypal through Pledgie. Is there an email address I can use directly through paypal? Or an account that can be PM'd to me?

Cheers

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
THANK YOU!!!! - target has been reached.
Thank you so much to the generous people who keep ESMB alive every year. You are appreciated xxx

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've been around here awhile. Started lurking here around February '08, signed up the end of January '10 and put up my first Post about 2 weeks later http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...OF-SOURCE&p=373064&highlight=Stars#post373064.

I spent about a 3 or 4 weeks debating, arguing with and questioning myself whether or not I should join ESMB and make the forgoing Post and, after I joined, another 2 weeks stewing about whether or not I should click "Submit" and cast down my first personal "Tile" to the still-in-progress "Organic Mosaic" that ESMB truly is.

So much has "gone down" while I've been here...So many brilliant, personally helpful and--IMHO--most prescient reveals about Scn, the tech and its' genus...So much needless strife amongst "recently Outs", Exes, Critics and Flame Wars, Personalized Agenda driven evisceration of others--of which, off and on, I most regrettably was occasionally a participant Party to--and So many gut-honest, from the heart and transcendent personal stories that I know--from my personal experience--are most certainly true.

There's also been a few Troll's here and there that have gotten my--in my seventh decade of life--still naive Goat. :duh::blush:

There is so, SO, SOOO much here on ESMB beyond the daily ebb and flow of today's Posts and Comments. There are Posts and Links to fascinating, helpful, accurate and first-hand accounts of every era, strata, echelon of Scn & "Tech Breakthrough" by they that were personally there and contributed (significantly, majorly or often completely)...From the "Original Thesis", through the the PDC, ACC's, SHBC, Clearing Course, OT Sections, FEBC, "L"s, NOT's, etc, etc, etc.

ESMB is a uniquely singular repository of "Tiles" to the "Mosaic". Everything, anything and all things a questioning Scn, disaffected Scn, former Scn, Ex Scn could ask, question about or want to know about LRH, the CofS, SO, the Green & Red "Tech" (its' genus, development, "good" parts, "bad" parts, etc) have been openly, knowledgeably and insightfully discussed and chronicled about in detail on ESMB by "Original" Dianeticists, Class 12's, SHSBC Grads, Apollo Crew, FEBC Grads, Commodores Messengers, etc, etc all the way to recent OT 8's and hundreds upon hundreds of Public, Staff and SO Crew that spent anywhere from 2-3 to 30-40 years in Scn--many of whom were trained, audited and "experienced" far beyond the "average Scientologist".

Some of these Folks actually personally knew and interacted with LRH.

ESMB is not for sale. ESMB cannot be bought. IMHO, ESMB is priceless...Emma made it and built it that way and Ethercat and the Mods are keeping it that way. Tough stuff...I admire them all.:yes::clap:

I sure as Hell couldn't have done it. :no:

Face:)

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
THANK YOU!!!! - target has been reached.
Thank you so much to the generous people who keep ESMB alive every year. You are appreciated xxx

Not so fast!

That was just for the "FIRST PHASE".

Now with that out of the way, we are finally ready to buy the new ESMB Ideal building!

I already got the flow going on this planet with a power flow of $210.

01c3a06a-962f-4280-b866-5646cfc7e346_zpsd0pctfu8.png

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not so fast!

That was just for the "FIRST PHASE".

Now with that out of the way, we are finally ready to buy the new ESMB Ideal building!

I already got the flow going on this planet with a power flow of $210.

01c3a06a-962f-4280-b866-5646cfc7e346_zpsd0pctfu8.png

And once we've reached the 10 Mil, we'll start another drive for the 20 Mil needed to upgrade and maintain the ESMB ideal building. And after that, we'll talk about the monthly rent needed. :biggrin: