ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer as a 3 Dollar Bill

Discussion in 'Life After Scientology' started by outlawgal, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Haha, you know there are LOTS of straight cross-dressers and "T" in the LGBT gender-fluid people in my mum's culture who are short. It's not even considered queer to do so (pun intended). Although frankly we're just short to begin with ... In High school ROTC I had a Commandant who was UBER straight who loved to cross-dress at any socially acceptable venue he could (fancy dress party, talent show, Halloween, etc.) This was a PRIVATE CATHOLIC SCHOOL TOO and no one gave two craps about it ~ as it should be.

One of my close friends is a straight straight-up playa and loves to play with my clothes but wouldn't suck a dick unless his life depended on it. Some people are sexually straight and gender queer, some people like me are more outwardly gender compliant but sexually as kinky as can be. Diversity is a good thing!
    :happydance:

>>>

2. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Thanks for that, Denise, I forgot to check if there had been an answer!LLLL

3. FlunkYou

FlunkYou Patron with Honors

I happen to know of a very high profile scner who is in a "gay" relationship, and is on lines this very minute. I guess as long as the money is good, this person could be another Michael Pattinson for all they care.

4. Glenda

Glenda Crusader

5. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Nice pic there Glenda. Sunset is on the horizon....

Just thinking looking back through some of these posts in here, also remembering Denise. Sigh.

I guess I was lucky I met up with an open minded work colleague who introduced me to the gay night club scene and community when I was around 19.

I got to know a few . I am totally hetero, but I liked a lot of these folks because their quirkiness appealed to me . The footballer he-man mentality is pretty much meh to me and I get pretty bored around them mighty quick.

But it also taught me another important lesson. To accept people for who they are and that we are not all born to follow that narrow track through the woods. There are some truly wonderful people out there who refuse to be conformists.

Enter scientology to cloud your thinking. When I was in Auckland org, I never really witnessed much homophobia myself. I only knew a pretty small crowd, so I guess there were those who were anti in there. Would make sense as there were those who were completely policy driven. My crowd seemed to be fairly relaxed.

However we all learned to accept that it was an aberration of nature. So we did eventually develop a kind of intolerance for it.

Took me many years to drop that thinking. If I had never seen the community before I got in, I think I would have found it more difficult to wash the thinking away.

6. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

That is how it was for me too, amazing! apart from the homophobia in the Sea Org. Loads of it.

Lurker5, Glenda and The_Fixer like this.