What's new

Geir Isene: Scientology Fair Game & forced Disconnection. So what?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Geir Isene: Fair Game & forced Disconnection. So what?
http://isene.me/2014/05/08/fair-game-disconnection/

The Church of Scientology is infamous for their Fair Game practice and their forced disconnection.

But so what? What’s the big deal?

I mean, this is nothing more than the daily routine in the US and most other countries in the world. With the immigration laws of countries like UK, Norway and the US, families are regularly torn apart. And citizens in scores of countries are fair gamed and worse for speaking their mind. And people go into fits about the Church of Scientology doing this on a much smaller scale and being much nicer about it. US is regularly going apeshit to “protect their rights” or freedom. Scientology is doing the same on a comparably microscopic scale. Put into this proportion, I can’t help wonder what all the fuss is about.

idrizomare

Patron with Honors
I summarize the sentiment as the shop-worn defense, "Scientology's not too bad. Look what other people do. Why don't you protest them?"

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Geir had an interesting speech. I think he is evolving still.

The speakers were excellent - some had more passion than others but that is the beauty of being yourself and not a robot programed to act a certain way. I resonated more with Michael Tilse - I want the fucking cult gone yesterday!

Geir had an interesting speech. I think he is evolving still.

The speakers were excellent - some had more passion than others but that is the beauty of being yourself and not a robot programed to act a certain way. I resonated more with Michael Tilse - I want the fucking cult gone yesterday!

In the same way mold on the windowsill evolves.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
It's tough at the top, having no company 'n all.

:hysterical::hysterical::

Hilarious.

But it also reminds me of so many times when i was first in the cult and an "OT" would look at me, deeply putting their "zero" in. Then they would encourage me to move up the grade chart so I could one day join them at the top of the Bridge, because....(some variation of the following):

"When you've made it and are operating
outside the MEST universe, a big powerful being
needs other OTs to play games with."

They are talking about themselves.
They are the "big being".
They are the "powerful being".
Wogs call it bragging.

"It can get lonely way up here."

up there...yeah, okay, I believe you,
even though I'm way down here.

Fucking Cringe!

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

Geir Isene: Fair Game & forced Disconnection. So what?
http://isene.me/2014/05/08/fair-game-disconnection/

What's the big deal?

CarPostcard.jpg

Well, Geir, like Mr. Natural told the lady, "If you don't know by now, don't mess with it!"​

:hysterical::hysterical::

Hilarious.

But it also reminds me of so many times when i was first in the cult and an "OT" would look at me, deeply putting their "zero" in. Then they would encourage me to join them at the top of the Bridge, because....(some variation of the following):

"When you've made it and are operating
outside the MEST universe, a big powerful being
needs other OTs to play games with."

They are talking about themselves.
They are the "big being".
They are the "powerful being".
Wogs call it bragging.

Fucking Cringe!

Beautiful!

It is still not flat. :biggrin:

Not only is it lonely with no one as intelligent as me up here,
but it dirties my space having all you dumb fucks around me.!

Lone Star

Crusader
Oh you missed a paragraph from Geir CIC....

"People keep dredging up the death of Lisa McPherson. So what about it? Other organizations have killed many more people. The US Government kills women weekly with drone strikes. I don't see any of you critics or exes protesting this routine killing. The CoS has killed a very small number of people if you objectively look at the numbers. Again, put it into proportion and you'll find yourself wondering what the fuss is all about.

Have I mentioned that I'd love to go up the bridge again?"

P.S. Geir didn't really write this. Well, other than the final sentence which he stated at the Flag Down conference.

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's tough at the top, having no company 'n all.

DB - I hear you! I really get tired of the Oat Tea's and their Knowing-ness-es! Gawd - I could puke and make you puke if I told you the stories of the Oat Tea's I have dealt with even OUT. They are superior and really thing they know it ALL. But....in light of that - I hope they continue to evolve back into a Homo Sap .... they are so much easier to love!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh you missed a paragraph from Geir CIC....

"People keep dredging up the death of Lisa McPherson. So what about it? Other organizations have killed many more people. The US Government kills women weekly with drone strikes. I don't see any of you critics or exes protesting this routine killing. The CoS has killed a very small number of people if you objectively look at the numbers. Again, put it into proportion and you'll find yourself wondering what the fuss is all about.

Have I mentioned that I'd love to go up the bridge again?

Lonie - it is called "cognitive dissonance" and it take some a long time to break free and have a normal human reaction and emotion about tragedies and abuse to others. This fucking cult destroys people and comments like that ^^^ are a result of too much Scientology. It effects the part of the mind that has been shattered and cannot relate.

I don't even know Lisa McPherson - she died years before I got sucked into the cult...but I have cried for her and want this cult destroyed because of what they did to her and many others! I read others stories and it brings me to tears!

I am glad Scientology did not ruin that part of my mind that relates and cares about others! For some - it went to far and there may no returning to a normal human being that can relate and have compassion. My hope is Geir and others heal. They are still broken, IMHO!

Lone Star

Crusader
Lonie - it is called "cognitive dissonance" and it take some a long time to break free and have a normal human reaction and emotion about tragedies and abuse to others. This fucking cult destroys people and comments like that ^^^ are a result of too much Scientology. It effects the part of the mind that has been shattered and cannot relate.

I don't even know Lisa McPherson - she died years before I got sucked into the cult...but I have cried for her and want this cult destroyed because of what they did to her and many others! I read others stories and it brings me to tears!

I am glad Scientology did not ruin that part of my mind that relates and cares about others! For some - it went to far and there may no returning to a normal human being that can relate and have compassion. My hope is Geir and others heal. They are still broken, IMHO!

Geir didn't actually say that about Lisa M. I was using his real comments about disconnection and projecting what he might say about killing.

I was using absurdity to illustrate absurdity.

HelluvaHoax!

"Fair Game & forced Disconnection.
So what?
"I can’t help wonder what all the fuss is about."

By Geir Isene - Author of the bestselling self-help book:

HOW TO 5.4X YOUR BLIND SPOTS
THROUGH ARROGANCE
AND SMUG INDIFFERENCE

HelluvaHoax!

A final comment on Scientologists like Geir Isene.

He's smart as hell, but he is simply not as amazing as he pretends to be, particularly while he is camped out in a blind spot as huge as the Grand Canyon. And ps, he ain't out of Scientology. He just thinks he knows more "tech" than Hubbard.

Need proof?

1. Read and understand what he says:
"Fair Game & forced Disconnection. So what? I can’t help wonder what all the fuss is about."

2. Now, go ahead and Fair Game Geir and his business and source(s) of income. Make sure you really "utterly ruin" him financially.

3. Next, use Disconnection to break up his family and get his wife to suddenly leave him.

4. Then, when he suffers and cries, tell him:
"So what? I can't help wonder what all the fuss is about."

5. Now, watch Geir's cognitive dissonance suddenly and magically as-is.

For the record, this is one of the things about Scientologists that I most abhor. Their self-congratulatory hypocrisy. They don't give a shit about Hubbard's sociopathic crimes. Until it's done to them (see life history of Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder and other former OSA goons).

When the fair gamers get fair gamed, watch out! That's the exact point they suddenly will get all "integrity" and "code of honor" on your ass.

Last edited:

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
The only reason I can fathom that Geir would post something so callous and insensitive to the numerous victims of the Church of Scientology is because he personally has not lost anyone close to him and he's never experienced actual Fair Game up close and personally. He truly has no idea what he is talking about. He posted in one of his comments on that same blog article that he adopted a "Fuck it" attitude towards the whole thing, and what's the big deal anyway?

I'd like to see him stand in front of Karen Delacarriere and tell her to adopt a "fuck it" attitude about losing her son to the Church, him then dying and her not able to even attend his funeral. I'd like to see him say that to Lori Hodgson, Cindy Temps, Sara Goldberg, etc. I think any one of these women who is currently living without their children solely and only because of Scientology would slap Geir silly for suggesting such a stupid thing to them.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, Scientology is a speck on this planet. It's nothing in terms of real numbers. Which I guess means that Flagdown (which Geir insisted he be allowed to speak at) didn't need to happen, we don't need ESMB or any of the other blogs and none of us should need to bother spending any time getting our heads un-twisted from the mental mindfuck that Scientology put us through. None of this is any big deal, right? Because so few people on the planet suffered at its hands.

Yet, oddly enough, all of these things actually help us, and help the world at large to not fall into the trap that is Scientology. So I don't think this is such a big waste of time and I don't think that enough can be said about the damage of fair game and disconnection. Getting rid of the Church of Scientology may not be the biggest game in town, but that doesn't mean it's not worth the effort.

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors

A final comment on Scientologists like Geir Isene.

He's smart as hell, but he is simply not as amazing as he pretends to be, particularly while he is camped out in blind spot as huge as the Grand Canyon. And ps, he ain't out of Scientology. He just thinks he knows more "tech" than Hubbard.

Need proof?
1. Read and understand what he says:
"Fair Game & forced Disconnection. So what? I can’t help wonder what all the fuss is about."

2. Now, go ahead and Fair Game Geir and his business and source)s) of income. Make sure you really "utterly ruin" him financially.

3. Next, use Disconnection to break up his family and get his wife to suddenly leave him.

4. Then, when he suffers and cries, tell him:
"So what? I can't help wonder what all the fuss is about."

5. Now, watch Geir's cognitive dissonance suddenly and magically as-is.

HH, you and I are definitely on the same page on this.

JustSheila

Crusader
What's up with Geir this week? :duh: I put a comment on his blog:
Geir, Disconnection as a Scientology issue does not work well for the sort of inductive logic you used in your OP. I challenge you to evaluate this further using a different, more appropriate method of logic, because the logic of your OP is faulty.

The corollary of your OP is that disconnection in Scn is not so wrong after all because it goes on all the time on a bigger scale. This is a false corollary. Disconnecting families or friends that love each other through physical, emotional, financial or other intimidation is wrong, period.

1) Begin with the fact that you used disconnection as a broad term, without differentiating degrees of disconnection. The more extreme cases have caused untold misery and even lives. Karen de la Carriere and her son, and Serge Obolensky are two horrific examples of extremely abusive disconnection just off the top of my head. There are many, many others.

2) When you compare Scn disconnection with the disconnection of immigrants, for example, the comparison is far too general and de-personalised to make a valid comparison. An illegal immigrant willingly leaves his/her country knowing there is a possibility the person may not see his/her loved ones again, but there is also a possibility of a better life for the entire family. The person (normally) takes this risk knowingly and willingly. In COS, disconnection comes about much later, after a great deal of subtle re-education of the individuals and they are told their lives will improve and not informed about the losses and risks. This is a con, a bait-and-switch, a scam. Perhaps some illegal immigrants are also scammed with reassurances and lies about everything working out. In those cases, the comparison might be more realistic, but you have not provided any examples where these sorts of disconnection include barring the person from their loved one’s funeral, refusals to allow a parent to financially and otherwise assist a family member in need until he suicides, or any such example. So I don’t know from your statement that such horrors exist within the USA or other first world country’s immigration department, but I do know they exist within Scn. The only fair comparison is a case-by-case comparison.

3) Scn disconnection is not “just like” other church disconnections, though some cultic versions of even mainstream religions have similarities. The broad Catholic Church does not enforce disconnection, but I am sure there are some cultic Christian groups that do. The disregard for following a country’s laws in order to enforce disconnection is peculiar to Scn, however, and the rabid vengeful tactics taken upon its members to enforce this, as well as mental manipulation, are almost beyond comparison within 1st world countries.

In short, Geir, many families would rather be poor or homeless than be disconnected. They consider their loved ones more important than anything else. To them, it is a very big deal – the biggest. The only way we, as exCOS members or exscns can get this across is by making known each individual example. Those who live in free countries should never be subjected to this. I know more about Scn’s examples because I am an ex-member. Most activist groups have a core of people who were, personally, victims. So this is my battle. It may or may not be yours, but it is certainly a big deal – and raising awareness of the horrors of disconnection will only improve society’s standards – whether it comes from exScn activists or anyone else.