What's new

Gentle reminder about sock puppets

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Please see ESMB Rule no 2.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/faq.php?faq=esmbrules#faq_esmbrules2

One user account per person

The use of 2 or more posting accounts is prohibited. Using a proxy account (or sockpuppet) to cause trouble will not be tolerated. If you can't say what you need to say with your user account then it probably shouldn't be said in the first place.

If it is found that you have registered a sockpuppet account (by matching IP addresses) the second (and any subsequent accounts) wil be deleted without notice and the primary user ID will incur an infraction.

Read it.

Understand it.

Follow it.

Sock puppets will be caught here 99% of the time. Sometimes I don't let the person know straight away because I am curious about the reason or agenda and I let it play out.

The moderators and Admins always know who is messing around with multiple accounts.

Just don't do it (unless there is a valid reason and it's cleared through an admin first).

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Emma please explain that a sock puppet and a sock monkey are NOT the same thing.

View attachment 3167

You are right. They are not the same thing.

But imagine of Alice got kidnapped and had her name changed to Petunia and was masquerading as someone else!!??

That would be a sock monkey. And that would be a bad thing. :yes:

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
Please see ESMB Rule no 2.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/faq.php?faq=esmbrules#faq_esmbrules2

Read it.

Understand it.

Follow it.

Sock puppets will be caught here 99% of the time. Sometimes I don't let the person know straight away because I am curious about the reason or agenda and I let it play out.

The moderators and Admins always know who is messing around with multiple accounts.

Just don't do it (unless there is a valid reason and it's cleared through an admin first).

Emma, let me get this straight- does this mean I can no longer post as "Zinjifar"? :D

Love, Dex

Free Being Me

Crusader
I'm not giving up my sock puppet! :p Please don't send him to the RPF. :bigcry: (The Rehabilitation Puppet Force)

sock_puppet.jpg

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious

Cleared thru an admin first is a novel thought that never occurred to me.

Altho this is a just & smart policy that i personally have no problems with whatsoever, there is an indirect hassle here for anons who wish to keep IRL projects/protesting totally separate from their normal surfing nick, just as an added measure of ensuring anonymity.

So an xtra note to anons who lurk here but wont post cuz they cant do so anonymously and may find fault worth bitchin about in OP....

no socks is nbd, get over it & get with da program of relaying posts thru others like the rest of us anons do when the need for ensured anonymity arises, cuz there's way WAY more benefit to be gained with a no-sock rule in this community than what's lost.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, I´ll confess...

I have wet dreams about being Emma´s sock puppet.

She looks ultra-super-sexy smoking that cigar, I just can´t help it !!!!!

I think it's a cigarette and that opens the realm of sexy, cigarette smoking sexy fantasies. :whistling:

...and I'm still confused about what a sock puppet is. :confused2:

Free Being Me

Crusader
OK, I´ll confess...

I have wet dreams about being Emma´s sock puppet.

She looks ultra-super-sexy smoking that cigar, I just can´t help it !!!!!

I fully agree that Emma is very attractive lady BUT since the recent cricket match flap I'm scared she has a bat and is willing to use it. :hide:

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
So, is the fair game policy on sock puppets in full force or has it been re-written or otherwise undone by countless rewrites and or misinterpreted subsequential postings that all deny the claim of the original sock puppet fair game policy in the first place?