What's new

Gerry and Caroline Armstrong

Veda

Sponsor
ga-library2.jpg

Years ago Gerry provided easy steps for Marty and Mike to resolve any differences with him.

Originally posted by Gerry:

1. Communicate to me.

2. Debrief to me and my legal representatives.

3. Execute declarations that contain facts elicited in the debrief.

4. Make themselves available to testify in any legal proceeding to correct the injustices or situations they helped create.​

Some threads about Gerry and Caroline:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...d-Caroline-Armstrong-Your-work-is-appreciated

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...trong-Berlin-important-talk-17-September-2011

Gerry and I have somewhat different approaches but we have the same objectives.

All help is appreciated.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Years ago Gerry provided easy steps for Marty and Mike to resolve any differences with him.

Easy? Nothing is acceptable to Gerry unless things are done on HIS terms. There have been no diplomatic attempts that I can see where Gerry has sought a meeting of minds with Mike & Marty & come to a resolution that's acceptable to all three that would enable them to be on the same page when it comes to fighting the cult.

Gerry's "resolutions" are demands.

Veda

Sponsor
Easy? Nothing is acceptable to Gerry unless things are done on HIS terms. There have been no diplomatic attempts that I can see where Gerry has sought a meeting of minds with Mike & Marty & come to a resolution that's acceptable to all three that would enable them to be on the same page when it comes to fighting the cult.

Gerry's "resolutions" are demands.

This is a sensitive and difficult situation. Smurf, I don't think your stoking the fires will do any good.

The first post's message is simple. Let it be. :)

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
This is a sensitive and difficult situation. Smurf, I don't think your stoking the fires will do any good.

Who made you the ESMB police? :duh:

We're dealing with 3 Type A personalities who follow all their own drummer. If Gerry wants some resolution from the other two, he needs to change his tact & learn some humility.

As a moderator posted on this board recently, "you can't always get what you want".

120 Degrees

Patron with Honors
... learn some humility.

Smurf,

You're cool. I dig what you do and the information you provide, but what the hell is that? Humility? Who should Gerry or Caroline humble themselves in front of? WTF?

Edit to add: If Marty and Mike had created the hell for me that they did with Gerry, I would want some contrition prior to discussion about forgiveness.

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gerry, Caroline, Marty and Mike are all people I look up to when it comes to taking on (and taking down) the cult.

It saddens me to see that they are not joining forces to put an end to this toxic organization.

But there's no way I'm taking sides in this - it's not my fight and I really don't see the point in ANYONE taking sides here. Unless you really need more drama in your life:biggrin:

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious

Originally posted by Gerry:

1. Communicate to me.

2. Debrief to me and my legal representatives.

3. Execute declarations that contain facts elicited in the debrief.

4. Make themselves available to testify in any legal proceeding to correct the injustices or situations they helped create.​

Some threads about Gerry and Caroline:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...d-Caroline-Armstrong-Your-work-is-appreciated

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...trong-Berlin-important-talk-17-September-2011

Gerry and I have somewhat different approaches but we have the same objectives.

All help is appreciated.

Marty can't do points 2,3 and 4. Sounds like complete surrender. The first point could be done perhaps and even that, as you can imagine, would lead to nowhere. The reason for this is that Gerry and Marty, both of them, are still emotionally involved in Scientology.

Gerry will never [strike]forgive[/strike] forget. Marty will never [strike]openly[/strike] admit. Both need to come to an understanding that the world is not revolving around Scientology!

Marty can't do points 2,3 and 4. Sounds like complete surrender. The first point could be done perhaps and even that, as you can imagine, would lead to nowhere. The reason for this is that Gerry and Marty, both of them, are still emotionally involved in Scientology.

Gerry will never [strike]forgive[/strike] forget. Marty will never [strike]openly[/strike] admit. Both need to come to an understanding that the world is not revolving around Scientology!

If Gerry is still subjected to OPs then Scientology might be revolving around him.
AFAIK Gerry is some sort of exile because of scientology legal ops.

120 Degrees

Patron with Honors
Scooter, you're right. We shouldn't be raging war amongst critics. I admire Marty, Mike, and Gerry. They are all telling the truth as they have experienced it. They have fought to be what they are now. Gerry fought when M&M had power and they made his life hell yet both M&M are now effective criticts. Should I discount what they are doing now based on the things that they have previously done? I don't think so. M&M are effective.
I just don't understand Smurf's condemnation of Gerry. M&M have both done things that they should be sorry for and they probably are sorry for. I just don't think it's an either or other thing.

Scooter, you're right. We shouldn't be raging war amongst critics. I admire Marty, Mike, and Gerry. They are all telling the truth as they have experienced it. They have fought to be what they are now. Gerry fought when M&M had power and they made his life hell yet both M&M are now effective criticts. Should I discount what they are doing now based on the things that they have previously done? I don't think so. M&M are effective.
I just don't understand Smurf's condemnation of Gerry. M&M have both done things that they should be sorry for and they probably are sorry for. I just don't think it's an either or other thing.

I don't want to get warlike either, however I don't get the idea that is sometimes put forth that whatever Marty and Mike are doing which is positive in the opinions of critics means that any injustices they might need to address, are thereby dismissed.

They are separate things.
I would hate to be on the receiving end of injustice from them or anyone, and have sideliners letting me know when their good works meant that I did not matter anymore.

Asking for justice does not mean dismissing their positive actions either.

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious
If Gerry is still subjected to OPs then Scientology might be revolving around him.
AFAIK Gerry is some sort of exile because of scientology legal ops.

Are you saying the CoS is, as we speak, harassing Gerry after all these years? That would indeed put some more responsibility onto Marty to have this stopped.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Smurf,

You're cool. I dig what you do and the information you provide, but what the hell is that? Humility? Who should Gerry or Caroline humble themselves in front of? WTF?

My comment was in response to Gerry's wanting something from Mike & Marty. Regardless, what you think of M & M, Gerry's current approach to getting what he wants from them will continue to be a failed effort.

As the old adage goes, "It's easier to attract bees with honey than with vinegar." :)

I don't communicate with either & vice-versa, but then, I don't need or want anything from them, either.

RogerB

Crusader
Heh, It both amazes and disappoints me that some peeps are still stuck in the enmity that the cult of Scientology instilled in its adherents.

It demonstrably affects the ability of some to think and leaves them only reacting.

Veda is right with his post above. It is a sincere effort to get a situation aired that would benefit from honest, good clean air. What the OP lacks is a key point or two on when was this request of Gerry's written and what is the full wording of it?

For example: the only issue that conveys "his demands" to me is that the OP does not use the word "please" . . . . ummm, how was the original worded.

Other than that it states what would be a good basis for these guys to come to accord.

The situation it addresses is that history has demonstrated Scientologists and ex-Scientologists have a predilection to want to destroy each other before they can come to the comprehension that they can actually benefit from working together.

Those points listed of Gerry's thingy appear to address that.

But, for yous who may well have less battle wounds and residual scars from the battles the cult caused among otherwise good people, my opinion is that you should STF up with statements that attack others and inflame more war.

It ain't helpful.

Rog

Last edited:
Heh, It both amazes and disappoints me that some peeps are still stuck in the enmity that the cult of Scientology instilled in its adherents.

It demonstrably affects the ability of some to think and leave them only reacting.

Veda is right with his post above. It is a sincere effort to get a situation aired that would benefit from honest, good clean air. What the OP lacks is a key point or two on when was this request of Gerry's written and what is the full wording of it?

For example: the only issue that conveys "his demands" to me is that the OP does not use the word "please" . . . . ummm, how was the original worded.

Other than that it states what would be a good basis for these guys to come to accord.

The situation it addresses is that history has demonstrated Scientologists and ex-Scientologists have a predilection to want to destroy each other before they can come to the comprehension that they can actually benefit from working together.

Those points listed of Gerry's thingy appear to address that.

But, for yous who may well have less battle wounds and residual scars from the battles the cult caused among otherwise good people, my opinion is that you should STF up with statements that attack others and inflame more war.

It ain't helpful.

Rog

Who is attacking others and inflaming more war?

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
There is obviously lots of history here, but seems Gerry is still bound by previous legal decisions when M & M were in charge?

Am not sure what Gerry is expecting? For M & M to withdraw a previous statement?

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious
There is obviously lots of history here, but seems Gerry is still bound by previous legal decisions when M & M were in charge?

Am not sure what Gerry is expecting? For M & M to withdraw a previous statement?

That's what I wonder. I am not sure what Marty could possible contribute now to make this situation go away. Other than to excuse himself or feel sorry about any involvement, there is little Marty can do to change court decisions. CoS settlements are unjust but what can you do about it once they are signed?

I very much appreciate what Gerry has done, not only for critics but also for historians and even Scientologists as only truth is setting free.

There is only so much you can do about once all cards have been played out.

What Gerry doesn't realise is that HE WON the fight long time ago! All details about Hubbard is out, all is known, it is in the open forever! And there is nothing, absolutely nothing the CoS can do about it. It's done. Garry was asked to do a biography about Hubbard and that's exactly what he did. Finished, done and dusted, thank you Garry, you really knew how to go to town with your mission orders!

Now, going beyond what was achieved isn't worth the effort. It takes so much energy to fight what one hates instead of putting the efforts into things which one loves :)

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Mmmm.. I find it quite odd that you misinterpret my comment as a "condemnation of Gerry". I simply asserted that diplomacy & respect goes alot further in potentially getting a resolution with those that are critical of you, than making demands of them.

Gerry doesn't seek common ground (i.e.. joining to fight Scientology Inc.) with M & M; he makes demands of them. Where has that gotten him?

I remember a videotaped interview of Mike Rinder by a German documentarian where he dissed Gerry & attorney Graham Berry. He clearly does not like either. Yet, they Graham & Mike Facebook friends. I asked Graham about this. He said that, despite any personal opinions between the two, they are unified in exposing & decimating Scientology Inc & he fully supports Mike Rinder in that regard.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
If I'm not mistaken, Gerry's life is still majorly impacted by the fact he cannot legally enter his home country of the USA without major legal ramifications/possibly jail time due to the legal fraud and harassment perpetuated by the cult.

If I'm wrong about this fact, please let me know.

But if I was living in EXILE due to the BS and manipulation of the fraudulent misuse of legal system by the cult I would be pissed because it still had a major impact on my daily life. My understanding, which could be wrong, is that Marty and Mike may be able to assist Gerry in getting some of the legal bullshit expunged or reversed if they would admit or communicate with him. Maybe Gerry could even return HOME instead of living in exile.

If I was, and had for years, basically been a refugee thanks to the CoS lies and covert ops I might want to see some justice too, call me crazy. Maybe even want to return to my home one day without fear of imprisonment.