What's new

Gerry and Caroline Armstrong

Well, there are the lessons of history to learn from . . . Iceland pulled it of.

Though, I must admit, you might be thinking I believe these dogs in the US who have prostituted themselves to the money powers could do something sensible, honorable, honest and decent. That would be rather like thinking in 1939, Hitler and his acolytes could get honest, straight and decent:melodramatic:.

I punned with a possibility . . . not a likelihood.

I do sometimes see the humor in what ought be the logical truth . . . but the truth is, such in an insane society is so much an oxymoron as to be laughably absurd.

It just takes a bit of wit to see it . . . there are few who do.

R

and i was jesting in the post which prompted you to respond

i don't think of wall street as satanic; there's a saying on wall street, "the bulls make money, the bears make money and the pigs get slaughtered". carlo ponti, bernie madoff and reed slatkin et. al. are the exception not the rule

actually i was twitting arnie for the hyperbole of calling scientology satanic

OTOH...

one or bot of the two MIGHT be satanic. just to be safe i suggest everyone grab a copy of the holy bible and go hide in the jungle living on bananas...

but for the moment, back to discussing the courage and controversy of gerry and carolin

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Face,:), I dunno if Nikki was ever married to Frankie. I first met him when his name was Freedman, and then he changed it to Freeman when he went to david Mayo's in Santa Barbara.

Perhaps they were never married. I dunno for an absolute fact either way and have no "Docs" other than my fleeting and/or crystal clear memories from over 4 decades ago. My information is the best I can recall from the early '70's--over a decade before before you first met Frankie. I'm pretty sure that they were married when he was a Pit Boss and she was a Dancer in Vegas before they joined the SO and came to the Apollo. Perhaps, they were brother and sister...which I highly doubt from my time on the Apollo, recollection and personal interactions with both of them on the Apollo and afterwards. I do know for first hand fact that Frankie was married to Fran before he married Mary and that Nikki "Freedman" married Rick Merwin on the Apollo in the early '70's.

Wish that I was a better and more reliable source of information about the Old Days.

Face:)

Last edited:

DanLocke

Patron with Honors
Well boys . . . I frankly didn't mean to start a Franky, Frankie, Franklin Freeman, Freedman, Friedman Flaming Food Fight. :biggrin:

Just trying to have a social conversation while sipping on my mint julep while sitting out in the garden in the autumn sun. :coolwink:

So here are some, er, ah . . . docs of sorts that might help out.

The Auditor features Nikki Freedman

View attachment 8297

Franklin Freedman in a short film Then

View attachment 8298

Frankie Freeman Today

View attachment 8299

No public photos of Rick Merwin exist in the wild.

An artist's rendition/caricature of roughly what he looked like in the 70's.

View attachment 8300

Are we clear yet?

:lol:

Rick Merwin was one of the Apollo All Stars, as I recall. So, go get your Power of Source and you will have a pic of Rick.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Rick Merwin was one of the Apollo All Stars, as I recall. So, go get your Power of Source and you will have a pic of Rick.

Sorry, Charlie...Merwin was not one of the Apollo Stars. :no:

Edit PS: Who is the person on the Power of Source album pictures (front or flip side) you think was Rick?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Why did I click on this thread (sigh)....

God.

Every time I see someone start a thread like this, I can't help but think they are doing it for the specific purpose of the inevitable battle that they know will occur.

Pick pick pick pick at old wounds over and over and over.

Is it just me?

Not just you. Its scab picking. I'm tired of it.

I didn't read all the thread but I just want to say a few things....

• Veda is not Gerry Armstrong.
  • The M& M Vs GA war is like the Minton Wars IMO. The rift between camps won't be mended and no amount of further discussion will resolve it.

Everyone has done good & bad things. Rehashing old feuds does nothing except breed more bad blood.

Please don't do this anymore.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
*snicker*

attachment.php

Attachments

• 81b0b_funny_pictures_squirrel_has_an_army_RE_A_Trbute_to_the_greatest_fighting_force_the_US_Mari.jpg
    81b0b_funny_pictures_squirrel_has_an_army_RE_A_Trbute_to_the_greatest_fighting_force_the_US_Mari.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 240

phenomanon

Canyon
Perhaps they were never married. I dunno for an absolute fact either way and have no "Docs" other than my fleeting and/or crystal clear memories from over 4 decades ago. My information is the best I can recall from the early '70's--over a decade before before you first met Frankie. I'm pretty sure that they were married when he was a Pit Boss and she was a Dancer in Vegas before they joined the SO and came to the Apollo. Perhaps, they were brother and sister...which I highly doubt from my time on the Apollo, recollection and personal interactions with both of them on the Apollo and afterwards. I do know for first hand fact that Frankie was married to Fran before he married Mary and that Nikki "Freedman" married Rick Merwin on the Apollo in the early '70's.

Wish that I was a better and more reliable source of information about the Old Days.

Face, I wish my memory was bettah, too. I have huge gaps between years. It's easier to recall things when your past is 20/30 even 50 years long, but when one gets into his 80s it's a crapshoot to remember accurately.
Your info about the old days looks reliable to me. I have never had a disagreement with any rendition of past history that you have presented to us.
I only ever knew Nikki as Nikki Merwin, but I have absolutely no reason to doubt that Nikki was married to Frankie.