What's new

Gerry Armstrong

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Veda,
Few ex-scns have stepped into the public light about the evils of scn that they experienced and remained in that light for any length of time. It takes a certain strength of character and determination to do so, as well as giving up the majority of your personal life, privacy and time.

Not everyone can do that well and most people don't want to do it at all. You don't. Surveys show that most people fear public speaking more than death, but public speakers are a necessary part of fighting the crimes of scn.

So far, Mike Rinder has mostly chosen not to reveal criminal details publicly or does not remember those details clearly. It's one or the other, maybe a bit of both.

As a public speaker and a contact point, he's doing a great job. IMHO, undermining him with suspicions without facts is unfair and detrimental to getting others out of the cult.

Maybe it is not Veda who might be undermining Mike's current good works but the absence of sufficient historical facts that Mike could provide that appear to be needed to end completely the torts that are undermining liberty and justice for many? Can a criminal organization be frozen in its tracks and not just be ostracized or hinder by a judge if the whole truth is not revealed.

A judge or a jury could decide better with more facts to put on probation to just hope for no more crimes or put in solitary confinement to ensure no more crimes.

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You
Re: Leah Remini Finale

Mike Rinder has already publicly stated and was corroborated by Mark "Marty" Rathbun (in the Tampa Bay Times Truth Rundown series) that the reason he was David "Darth Midget" Miscavige's favorite punching bag was his (and Marty's) refusal to follow DM orders that required actually breaking the law. If you refuse to accept that as truth, then why should you believe anything else he has to say, please ?

If any "undermining" is occurring, it's by someone such as Sneakster, making the absurd assertion that the head of Scientology's spying and dirty tricks dept., and also the right hand man to Scientology's dictator, "refused to break the law,"

Veda, [edit: uncalled for insult to Veda removed by author] no assertion as to the veracity of Mike Rinder's public statement(s) or Marty Rathbun's corroborating claim(s) is made in the above paragraph that I wrote.

and coupling that assertion with the additionally absurd assertion that, "If you refuse to accept that as truth, then why should you believe anything else he has to say?..."

And in this case, no assertion was made whatsoever. As for the question to which you evidently object, it is perfectly valid to point out an apparent logical inconsistency of accepting one set of statements by a supposed eyewitness as true whilst simultaneously calling the man a liar.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Compartmentalisation of the truth is something that Hubbard preached as well as practiced throughout His Reign of Error as "Source."

It's impossible to know who knew what when it comes to the cult, unless you could actually be there when the info was shared OR you have dox.

There was stuff I was privy to that was truly scary "top-sekrit" stuff yet mundane things I should have know about I never had a clue about, simply a matter of being there at the time or not. There was never any real logic about the way info was spread, particularly in the SO. I got told stuff because I was there and willing to listen, so I heard about sexual preferences and petty (and not-so-petty) theft etc. etc. that really I had no use for. And much, much worse stuff - like who was doing evil stuff to kids.

I doubt that ANYONE could know everything that went on within the cult, despite both Hubbard and Miscavige claiming They do. Juniors cover up bad news rather than forward it up-lines if they think it will mean that they themselves will be punished for it, or they willingly pass it on and blame it all onto a convenient junior who gets casually tossed under the bus.

And, seriously, we were all rats in the same cage. And constantly exhorted to write KRs if we saw anything wrong, but knowing the KRs would go nowhere if you did (except of course knowing that the senior written up would get revenge on you at some point.)

There was a lot of evil shit that this cult spewed out via its minions.

YMMV, but I just can't follow up on whatever evil shit happened to me because of whoever as long as the cult itself continues to harm and destroy.

I just don't care that much for my own personal satisfaction while I have friends who are still being brutalised, even if they are willing participants at times.

Free Being Me

Crusader

Veda, perhaps you need to work on your comprehension of Standard English writing >snip<
That does seem to be your lame repetitive choice insult, Sneakster, even after you've been warned about it.
You might consider some remedial courses in English Grammar and Composition, particularly in the area of reading comprehension. Best of Luck with that.

Michael A. Hobson
Independents Scientologist
Let's not go down the personal insults road, we know where that leads.
Mod 3375

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Compartmentalisation of the truth is something that Hubbard preached as well as practiced throughout His Reign of Error as "Source."

It's impossible to know who knew what when it comes to the cult, unless you could actually be there when the info was shared OR you have dox.

There was stuff I was privy to that was truly scary "top-sekrit" stuff yet mundane things I should have know about I never had a clue about, simply a matter of being there at the time or not. There was never any real logic about the way info was spread, particularly in the SO. I got told stuff because I was there and willing to listen, so I heard about sexual preferences and petty (and not-so-petty) theft etc. etc. that really I had no use for. And much, much worse stuff - like who was doing evil stuff to kids.

I doubt that ANYONE could know everything that went on within the cult, despite both Hubbard and Miscavige claiming They do. Juniors cover up bad news rather than forward it up-lines if they think it will mean that they themselves will be punished for it, or they willingly pass it on and blame it all onto a convenient junior who gets casually tossed under the bus.

And, seriously, we were all rats in the same cage. And constantly exhorted to write KRs if we saw anything wrong, but knowing the KRs would go nowhere if you did (except of course knowing that the senior written up would get revenge on you at some point.)

YMMV, but I just can't follow up on whatever evil shit happened to me because of whoever as long as the cult itself continues to harm and destroy.

I just don't care that much for my own personal satisfaction while I have friends who are still being brutalised, even if they are willing participants at times.

Exactly. :clap:

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors
Can someone sum up the Gerry vs Rinder battle in a few sentances. These walls of text are kind of hard to read and out of context.

JustSheila

Crusader

Thanks for this, Scooter.

You have a great way of putting things in perspective and I love you for it. :bighug:

I sure don't want to keep going back & forth over things in the distant past.

You said

This is so true. There are no experts with the correct entire story, there are only individuals who saw different pieces of it from their perspective. Nobody is an "expert" on everything based on their past position in scn or anything else. Why would one person be more accurate than another based on the fact that person once held a higher rank in scientology or because they have a bigger circle of exscn friends or for any other preferential reason? Nobody should be discounted for relaying a different version or a part of the story from their perspective that they actually lived through.

For years, few people believed Jesse Prince's story with the gun, but it really happened and now they know it is true. Many, many of the abuses we and others suffered were not believed by those who came forward. It took years and years. That alone was, and still is, a huge battle - getting others to believe us that COS really does commit these heinous crimes.

elephant_men.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Over the years I have "speed read" much of what Caroline has posted and I usually end up more confused than when I started which is why I suggested she start a new thread giving a brief outline about what happened to Gerry when he left the cofs.

Many people around here these days know nothing at all about him.

Wikipedia does have a basic outline here.

If Gerry wants further issues addressed or re-addressed and he feels he has a chance of achieving whatever it is he now wants he may need to take it where it belongs, back into a court ... a message board isn't the place for it and what Caroline is doing (presumably with Gerry's approval) is effectively attention seeking and does him no favours IMO.

I wish Gerry and Caroline would throw their combined support behind so many others who are putting themselves on the line to bring down the real enemy ... the cult of scientology, because they could have a very real impact and would perhaps feel better overall about what was undeniably done to Gerry to make his life hell in the past by the cofs.

Gerry appears to have already well and truly breached any agreements made (with the cofs) so I assume has little left to lose at this stage, but that is only an assumption.

:confused2:

I can see different ways that Gerry might approach the problem of getting factual revelation and satisfaction from the source(s) of Fair Gaming that he battled since that fateful moment he heroically decided to not lie for L. Ron Hubbard and his cult. The stunning courage and clarity of Gerry's decision approaches mythological proportion--and an epic David vs. Go-Lie-eth battle ensued.

That was and still is the God of Scientology (Hubbard's) sacred mandate to all Scientologists: "Go Forth and LIEth!" Gerry refused, and by doing so he demonstrated the "Personal Integrity" that Scientologists are so fond of writing success stories about and clay demoing--but never in fact demonstrating by their actions.

I was just re-reading some of Caroline's and other posters' messages and couldn't help but remember a post I once made about how Mike Rinder should write a tell-all book. There are many reasons (other than the financial gain he may realize) why it would be a great service to Scientologists, Ex-Scientologists and persons who wish to understand the pernicious viral effects of propaganda lies both in the EXTERNAL world (e.g. Nazis, ISIS, Terrorists seeking martyrdom and 72 virgins, et al) and the INTERNAL world--that delicate ecosystem without our own minds that can so easily support or destroy us if a knowing or unknowing lie is introduced. I speak here of the propaganda lies that we willingly tell ourselves or embrace in our own lives for many reasons, not the least of which is vetting the people, groups, causes, philosophies and religions we choose to embrace.

In any case, I looked but couldn't quickly find that post about Mike writing a book. I think (if I remember correctly) the suggested title would be "ACCEPTABLE LIES", a play on Hubbard's ever-so-ethical "acceptable truth" tech.

While looking for that post, I ran into another of interest from way back in 2010 on a thread I started called "WHO IS THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN SCIENTOLOGY". As right or wrong as that post may have proven to be today (7 years later), I think there nonetheless relevant elements that speak to the discussion here. It's not short but some may find it interesting now that Rinder has gone more public than ever with his anti-scn blog and multi-part TV Series with Leah Remini.

Why Mike Rinder is #1:

Because he the JOKER (i.e. "wildcard") in the deck that beats Queens, Kings and Aces and any other card Scientology can show.

bfb6d828aad1b3a437357176cb692729.jpg

The entirety of Scientology's success, money and power come from one thing only. The ability to tell lies.

Small lies, huge lies.

Clever lies, crazy lies.

Beginning with DMSMH and the heady founding days when Hubbard boldly posted a box at reception instructing his followers to place their prescription glasses inside--because they would no longer be needed after coming in and applying Ron’s miraculous new tech.

The great body of Hubbard's work and even his autobiographical information was the stuff of pure myth-ed withholds.

Hubbard raised his vast fortunes thru the perfected art of lying about clear, operating thetan and total freedom. COB, likewise, has fashioned his own billion dollar deceitful niche by repackaging tech and selling indulgences in the form of Ideal Orgs, IAS and other spiritual statuses.

Historically, the slow but systematic dismantling of the CoS has been achieved these last few years by critics and anon and media by exposing the truth about Scientology.

But it is not the truth that most damages Scientology.

It's not showing that Hubbard wasn't a war hero. It's not showing that Scientologists have wacky beliefs about supreme galactic rulahs that enslaved the universe with space ghosts. It's not about exposing Scientology's psychological abuse, brutal corporal punishment and fair game policies. It's not about revealing that disconnections are systemic.It's not about shining the light on Scientology's criminality.

All these things, harmful as they are to Scientology, have not derailed that billion dollar religious train. That locomotive's still chugging down the track with adoring fans lined up along the route, throwing money at it and trying to jump on. Less people, admittedly, but the trains are still running on time.

Media runs stories about SP declares, Family disconnections, RPF prisons, Scientologists being sentenced to prison for multi-faceted, felonious conspiracies and the Fair Gaming of innocent people like Paulette Cooper. But those supposed “kill shot” bullets just kinda bounced off and Scientology didn’t stop.

One would have thought that after ‘Madman or Messiah’ or ‘A Piece of Blue Sky’ or Lisa McPherson or South Park’s revealing on international media the secrets of Xeun and OT III would have done it. The church should have crumbled, no? What about the revelation that top Operating Thetan David Miscavige physically assaults, imprisons and brutalizes church members—that should have sunk at least the Freewinds shouldn’t it?

But, these things just don’t kill the beast of Scientology.

Then what does damage it?

Not attacking their bizarre and delusional religious beliefs.

Not in showing that Hubbard and his cult followers are nuts.

It's about sparking in others the undeniably compelling realization that Scientology LIES.

That Scientology's Founder lies. That Scientology's senior management lies. That Scientology's priests lie. That Scientology parishioners, Clear and OT alike, lie.

That lies are policy. That lies are greatest good. That lies are an "acceptable truth". That lies are drilled to a pass.

That the lie will set you free.

Anything less than “Scientology LIES!” is dismissed by most because of things like the following:

• Well, it sure looks like they beat their people but those wives said absolutely not, so it’s one of those he-said, she-said deals….
• Yeah, Hubbard sure sounded wacky, but if he was so demented, how come so many millions of people and famous celebrities say such great things about it?
• Gee, those disconnections and Fair Game things sound bad, but…I am really wondering more about what is on TV later tonight.​

It’s only when people are hit with the thunderbolt that “Scientology LIES!” do they begin to discount and ignore everything that comes from a Scientologist.

That is why Rinder represents the most formidable weapon. Because he was the personification of the church’s lying. He was trained to lie. Instructed to lie. Ordered to lie. Threatened and terrorized if he did not lie. Punished, imprisoned and beaten if he did not lie.

Rinder can explain and enlighten the world that when Scientology, Scientologists or their celebrity spokesmen are talking, that they are LYING.

Lying is the foundational piers and girders that support the entire “Bridge”.

Revealing something bad about the Church is not the same as revealing that they lie.

Reveal a wacky belief and people think, “hey, what about the virgin birth and Noah and….”

Reveal the crimes of the church and people can write if off as an anomaly, the act of a “lone-gunman” within the corpus of the Church acting against scripture.

However, reveal that Scientology practices deception, encourages and, in fact, demands lying—and Scientology’s power instantly begins to crumble. Their credibility is shot. Their ability to spin and misdirect is immobilized. Their delusional propaganda becomes laughable.

Lying is their only weapon. When they are exposed as liars, they are defenseless.

Rinder can tell in simple, credible stories how he, as spokesman for the Church lied to the world on a consistent basis. He can look in the camera and explain the shocking practice of Scientologist lying as a holy and sacred ritual that will bring their eternal bliss.

Rinder can document with policy and narratives how Ron Hubbard demanded that parishioners “Tell Lies. Tell more Lies. Get other people to produce as to tell more lies.”

Rinder can show how the magic trick is done. Once you see it, it is powerless to fool you.

Imagine, for example, if Rinder explained the techniques of lying that Scientology trained him in. Then they ran archived footage of Scientologists lying such as Heber, Miscavige, Tommy Davis and even Rinder himself with his expert commentary to freeze-frame and blow the whistle each time a lie is told.

This is the explosive story that expose journalists have been so desperately seaching for on Scientology. The bombshell is inches away if they can get Rinder talking about institutionalized lying and LieTech...

The public outside of Scientology really can never understand the depths of depravity Scientologists will sink to in order to sell their lies.

Rinder is more likely to break the magician’s code than is Heber or Tommy Davis, which is why he is ranked higher.

But they all three have the magic bullet.

Wanna fantasize? How about Anderson Cooper interviewing a blown Tommy Davis AND a blown Heber on the same show as Rinder, with all three (3) damning the CoS to hell with their own weapon of choice--lies. The world would not forget that the next time they heard Scientolgy's newest rookie spokesman take the mike and began to speak...

It is lies that built the Bridge. Just exposing the truth slows traffic on the bridge but bridges can be repaired.

However, exposing the lie-generating machine that builds and repairs bridges puts an end to the game for Scientology.

That’s where the rifles and bullets and tanks and ships and fighter-jets of Scientology’s armed forces get manufactured. Bomb the factory so they cannot make more and the war is over.

As long as Scientology can get away with lying they can rebuild.

Rinder has vital strategic and sensitive knowledge about the lie factory. He knows its fabric, techniques and vulnerabilities--enough to take it out.

That’s why he is #1 on Scientology's Most Dangerous Person list.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Oh wait, I just found that post. It's interesting to see the "EVOLUTION OF AN APOSTATE" as Mike Rinder continued to defrag his mind's Scn Operating System in 2013.

I love the fact that Mike now openly admits to the Xenu-murdered-aliens scripture. And, that he says it is "anecdotal".

I guess he is being judiciously diplomatic in not "invalidating" the religious beliefs of Scientologists and Indies. I would like to think that such an intelligent and witty man would be thinking, in his own mind: "LOL. Ridiculous!"

Re-Posted from the thread: "Scientology Books I would read":

Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax!

There is quite an array of entertaining and illuminating books on the subject of Scientology. But, I think the very best it yet to come.

What book would you love to read?

Here's the first on my list:
A very smart move for Mike Rinder: Write an autobiographical book.

Call it:
"Acceptable Lies"

How to: Find a professional writer to collaborate with who knows how to structure an emotionally compelling narrative story. Don't attempt to just give "time, place, for & event". Even if humorous, that can be weak and not within light years of becoming a page-turner. Let the book play out like a movie would in three acts, with the plot building towards a crisis/climax for the protagonist--himself. Let the reader experience with him how he was seduced into the cult at boyhood, through the initiation stages of love-bombing white lies. Follow his journey into the dark cult world as the skies blackened with shore stories & acceptable truths. Then lift the lid off Pandora's Bridge as the greatest-good deception transitioned harshly into blatant lying. Track his newly forming career as a PR person where he learned the CultCraft of lying without remorse. Travel that road deeper until he is being terrorized and beaten for not being an "able" enough liar. And, what might that book's third and final act be? Simple. The last chapter is all of the darkest and most horrific secrets that he has been sitting on about the church. And Scientology. And Hubbard.

Prediction: Bestseller.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
by HH:
Imagine, for example, if Rinder explained the techniques of lying that Scientology trained him in. Then they ran archived footage of Scientologists lying such as Heber, Miscavige, Tommy Davis and even Rinder himself with his expert commentary to freeze-frame and blow the whistle each time a lie is told.

Dammit, that's what I wish journalists would do on their expose scn programs. Immediately jump to footage proving the pervasive lying that scn does. Blow the whistle dammit!

HelluvaHoax!

Dammit, that's what I wish journalists would do on their expose scn programs. Immediately jump to footage proving the pervasive lying that scn does. Blow the whistle dammit!

For my money, THAT is what the public (and the vast majority of the failing Justice System and IRS) has not been able to understand.

The LYING.

That's what Scientologists fail to understand as well.

That's what the public ("wogs") has finally begun figuring out--long before Scientologists ever did.

So much for "knowing how to know", LOL.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

I can see different ways that Gerry might approach the problem of getting factual revelation and satisfaction from the source(s) of Fair Gaming that he battled since that fateful moment he heroically decided to not lie for L. Ron Hubbard and his cult. The stunning courage and clarity of Gerry's decision approaches mythological proportion--and an epic David vs. Go-Lie-eth battle ensued.

That was and still is the God of Scientology (Hubbard's) sacred mandate to all Scientologists: "Go Forth and LIEth!" Gerry refused, and by doing so he demonstrated the "Personal Integrity" that Scientologists are so fond of writing success stories about and clay demoing--but never in fact demonstrating by their actions.

I was just re-reading some of Caroline's and other posters' messages and couldn't help but remember a post I once made about how Mike Rinder should write a tell-all book. There are many reasons (other than the financial gain he may realize) why it would be a great service to Scientologists, Ex-Scientologists and persons who wish to understand the pernicious viral effects of propaganda lies both in the EXTERNAL world (e.g. Nazis, ISIS, Terrorists seeking martyrdom and 72 virgins, et al) and the INTERNAL world--that delicate ecosystem without our own minds that can so easily support or destroy us if a knowing or unknowing lie is introduced. I speak here of the propaganda lies that we willingly tell ourselves or embrace in our own lives for many reasons, not the least of which is vetting the people, groups, causes, philosophies and religions we choose to embrace.

In any case, I looked but couldn't quickly find that post about Mike writing a book. I think (if I remember correctly) the suggested title would be "ACCEPTABLE LIES", a play on Hubbard's ever-so-ethical "acceptable truth" tech.

While looking for that post, I ran into another of interest from way back in 2010 on a thread I started called "WHO IS THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN SCIENTOLOGY". As right or wrong as that post may have proven to be today (7 years later), I think there nonetheless relevant elements that speak to the discussion here. It's not short but some may find it interesting now that Rinder has gone more public than ever with his anti-scn blog and multi-part TV Series with Leah Remini.

I doubt that Mike would consider he had time to write a book at the moment but I sure hope he does - maybe some astute publisher would give him a big-enough advance to cover his family costs while he does so.

He did do a great blog post recently that laid out why the cult lies - he quoted various GO and OSA ref.s on the sacredness of attacking thine enemy per source. But taking it that a step further and getting into the world of total "acceptable truths" (even to self) would be a great way of truly educating the world at large on how ALL cults operate, not just Hubbardian Lyingtology.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

For my money, THAT is what the public (and the vast majority of the failing Justice System and IRS) has not been able to understand.

The LYING.

That's what Scientologists fail to understand as well.

That's what the public ("wogs") has finally begun figuring out--long before Scientologists ever did.

So much for "knowing how to know", LOL.

I think that here in OZ the consensus opinion is that this particular toxic cult does nothing but lies. Bryan Seymour, Steve Cannane and others have compiled damning evidence of this and presented it to the Oz public over the years.

We've also had great politicians like Nic Xenophon, the late John Kay (a NSW Upper House MP) and others who've stood up for the truth.

I think one of the great strengths of what Leah and Mike are doing is spotlighting the cult's responses (using Standard Tehc of course) to show how feeble-minded the cult's responses are to the truth being told. Both of them come across as believable and this is accentuated by the cult's "Dead Agenting" Tehc.:roflmao:

I've lost count of the number of peeps who've told me that cult spokesholes show by their body language that they're lying flat out like a lizard drinking.:biggrin:

Probably why Drunken Maggot has gone for a professional liar (aka lawyer) as His spokeshole.:coolwink:

HelluvaHoax!

I doubt that Mike would consider he had time to write a book at the moment but I sure hope he does - maybe some astute publisher would give him a big-enough advance to cover his family costs while he does so.

He did do a great blog post recently that laid out why the cult lies - he quoted various GO and OSA ref.s on the sacredness of attacking thine enemy per source. But taking it that step further and getting into the world of total "acceptable truths" (even to self) would be a great way of truly educating the world at large on how ALL cults operate, not just Hubbardian Lyingtology.

Yes!

I still think it could be a colorfully told "self-help" book that uses the Scn experience as a parable from which life lessons could be drawn.

Once I even toyed around for a moment with the idea of writing such a book, reducing it to mini-chapters that each had a zen-simple principle. The concept being that we are all, to various degrees, victims of propaganda, lies, deception, obfuscation and unclarity in its myriad of forms. Some from other sources and some adopted or even self-generated.

I think it's a fascinating possibility because so much of life turns out to be the exact opposite of what we at first believe or think we see.

It would have to be interesting to Mike to muster the energy to think through and write such a book. The prospects of breaking it down into a tiny self-help book with precious few pages (like so many best-selling self-help book the past couple decades) is very inviting to writers who don't quite fancy spewing out hundreds of pages of "time, place, form & event".

That reminds me. I just recalled the total insanity of sitting down to "write up overts and withholds". I don't know how many times I did that or was ordered to do that at Flag. And I did it. Self-Flag-ellation? LOL

Well, one time I didn't do it. I realized that all that evil-confessing-ritual was only being done because the auditing tech 100% does not work. And, thus, PCs and Pre-OTs are (essentially, like small misbehaving children) "sent to their rooms to think about what they did".

The difference being that small children can emerge from their rooms when they have decided to do better. And, Scientologists are only allowed out of their (mental) rooms when a majority of cult members sign off a Liability Formula where they have proven to delivered an effective blow to L. Ron Hubbard's enemies.

Yes, it is that insane. lol

HelluvaHoax!

I think that here in OZ the consensus opinion is that this particular toxic cult does nothing but lies. Bryan Seymour, Steve Cannane and others have compiled damning evidence of this and presented it to the Oz public over the years.

We've also had great politicians like Nic Xenophon, the late John Kay (a NSW Upper House MP) and others who've stood up for the truth.

I think one of the great strengths of what Leah and Mike are doing is spotlighting the cult's responses (using Standard Tehc of course) to show how feeble-minded the cult's responses are to the truth being told. Both of them come across as believable and this is accentuated by the cult's "Dead Agenting" Tehc.:roflmao:

I've lost count of the number of peeps who've told me that cult spokesholes show by their body language that they're lying flat out like a lizard drinking.:biggrin:

Probably why Drunken Maggot has gone for a professional liar (aka lawyer) as His spokeshole.:coolwink:

You are correct sir!

When the going
gets tough for OTs. . .
The OTs get WOGs.

images_zpsueled0gu.jpeg

screen capture from Monique Yingling's
TR's video sent uplines to RTC for a pass.

!!! PASS !!!
TR 0.5
(It's half-way between OT TR-0 and TR-L)

Last edited:

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You

That does seem to be your lame repetitive choice insult, Sneakster, even after you've been warned about it.

Yeah, and some "Hobson is a brainwashed zombie cultist" - worded in various different ways - is Veda's (and other's) standard insult that no moderator ever seems particularly concerned about. I don't see you complaining about that, FBM.

Nevertheless, two wrongs don't make a right.

Veda: Sorry, guy. Rather than insult your reading skills, I should have just pointed out your tendency to resort to the Straw Man Fallacy pretty much every time you reply to me. In other words, deliberate misrepresentation of whatever I write, rather than lack of comprehension of same.

Michael A. Hobson

Free Being Me

Crusader

Yeah, and some [HIGHLIGHT]"Hobson is a brainwashed zombie cultist" - worded in various different ways[/HIGHLIGHT] - is Veda's (and other's) standard insult that no moderator's ever seems particularly concerned about. I don't see you complaining about that, FBM.

Nevertheless, two wrongs don't make a right.

Veda: Sorry, guy. Rather than insult your reading skills, I should have just pointed out your tendency to resort to the [HIGHLIGHT]Straw Man Fallacy[/HIGHLIGHT] pretty much ever time you reply to me. In other words, deliberate misrepresentation of whatever I write, rather than lack of comprehension of same.

Michael A. Hobson
I checked every post on this thread from the O.P. onward finding no quotable mention of what you claim, therefore I submit it is you using a sour grapes straw man derailing the thread.

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon

He did do a great blog post recently that laid out why the cult lies - he quoted various GO and OSA ref.s on the sacredness of attacking thine enemy per source. But taking it that a step further and getting into the world of total "acceptable truths" (even to self) would be a great way of truly educating the world at large on how ALL cults operate, not just Hubbardian Lyingtology.

:goodposting:

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
I tried to understand this thread, I really did. But one of the things I HATED about Scientology was the hierarchy, and that some people were more entitled than others. Whether it was where one was on the, 'org board,' or where was on the, 'grade chart,' it all boiled down to entitlement.

Yes, Gerry had some fairly horrible things done to him. He absolutely didn't deserve any of this, but at the same time, if there is a general apology, such as Mike Rinder's recent one on his blog, my opinion is that he should consider that it includes him.

Some of Mike's actions have directly impacted my life too....

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I continue to hold out the hope that Season 2 of Scientology: the Aftermath will feature an episode with Leah, Mike, and Gerry. In Chilliwack, of course.