ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Gerry Cohen

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by Coyote13, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Coyote13

Coyote13 Thought Criminal

Did anyone know Gerry Cohen? I believe he was OT3. He died of kidney failure I believe. He also had several heart attacks and was on and off oxygen and a wheelchair the last years of his life. He died a few years ago. He was married to Sue Cohen (still in) and then to Diana Kinney/Cohen( still in). His kids are all still in that I'm aware of( ari and crystal at least). He taught at synagogue still. He was acomputer programer making good money, but died penniless( whats money when you can be at cause over everything, except over death).

Another name too, a lady called Paulie( dont know last name, and not sure if shes still living ), she used to lived on edgemont next to kaiser for hella years before having to have round the clock care, she was an OT as well, I dont know what level. She was at cause too, just not over her own sanity.

Not to be harsh, just some personal examples of OTs I've seen not able to handle their lives. Peace and blessings.

2. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Hes not on the list

These people are not dead but Shit theres alot of people on there.

3. LongTimeGone

LongTimeGone Silver Meritorious Patron

Over 2500 names on that list.

LTG

4. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

One friend merely had common or garden disconnection. She said that 200 people around the world were affected by it or knew of it and were disgusted by it.

2500 x 200 = 500,000.

5. Coyote13

Does that mean you dont know who he was?

6. Coyote13

Yeah, hella names.

Did you know the person I mentioned? I'm not sure what exactly that list is, I was inquiring about a person who was in scientology till he died.

7. Coyote13

I would like to request that if you reply to this thread, please elt me know how it relates. List or no list, this is about a person, either you knew him or knew of him or have a reply that in some way relates to to the thread, thanks. Peace and blessings.

ps I'm aware this is a free forum, but again, please try to stay relevant to the thread, thanks again.

8. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

That does mean i have no idea who he was.

He should be placed on the RIP thread, death as an OT thread.

9. DanLocke

DanLocke Patron with Honors

I know that this is at least a LONG time after your post, but, at least, it IS an answer!

I knew Jerry Cohen quite well. His widow's name would be Nancy, not Sue. I don't remember any other child than Crystal, who, I think would be in her thirties now.

I knew Jerry Cohen from 1971 to the time of his death. I think though, that he had a short stint in the SO before that. When I first knew him he was the Dir Clearing at Ptl org. I liked him quite a bit. He was always cracking jokes that others (including myself) would not generally "get", but I admired the effort.

I would often see Nancy and he together. When I was staff at ASHO, they would sometimes come in together and we would visit briefly. I was a reg and I did not view either of them as "reg cycles", and so we did not talk much. Crystal was a very pretty child, inheriting the best of her parents looks. Although Jerry was a little overweight, he still a nice pleasant round face. Nancy's voice was very nice to listen to. I hope you are able to find them!

(I re-read your post and now I remember Ari...)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  10. prosecco

prosecco Patron Meritorious

what is that list?

11. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

12. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

My name isn't on there. Dayum! I never get on any lists. Except, the COS 'Enemies' list. lol

13. Coyote13

Actually, Sue Cohen was his ex wife, Diana was his wife when he passed away of health issues2007 or so( his kidneys were failing and he was on oxygen), I never heard of him having a previous wife nancy. Crystal and Ari are his children and they are still in scientology( so far as I know), Diana supposedly is not, but could very well still be.