ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Getting Clear conference films ready for purchase

Discussion in 'Conferences, Speeches, Radio Shows, and Live Publi' started by James Beverley, Sep 20, 2015.

1. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

I heard that too. Undocumented claim.

IMO, Jon just can't throw that out there so offhandedly
    without providing context or details.

I've dismissed it.

:shrug:

2. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Yes, it's just a blatant ad hom. Making unsubstantiated claims like that tends to undermine the veracity of whatever else he says about scn. It's a shame.

3. chipgallo

chipgallo Patron Meritorious

I don't want to pile on and criticize Atack without asking him for a reference. He was on a ramble when he made the assertion and generally everything else seemed solid. For me by itself it doesn't undermine the richness of the conference material and #21 is a treasure to watch.

Another favorite is #19 with Steve Cannane (Australian reporter), who covers the cause of the Australian government investigation and subsequent Anderson Inquiry report (1965) which can be read here: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/audit/andrhome.html

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  4. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

Very interesting and eye-opening! Some surprising reveals about how it all came about. Enjoyed! :thumbsup: