What's new

getting files destroyed?

BlueCobra

Patron
Hi everyone,

After recently experiencing many examples of overt homophobia and now this CCHR fiasco in the church I've had my eureka moment and I'm going to formally resign my membership in the IAS and CoS...

This is probably too much to expect of them but I want all my files (PC folder, folders they made when I joined staff - not quite sure what that was) destroyed, how do I go about demanding that? Does anyone have any experience in handling this?

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi everyone,

After recently experiencing many examples of overt homophobia and now this CCHR fiasco in the church I've had my eureka moment and I'm going to formally resign my membership in the IAS and CoS...

This is probably too much to expect of them but I want all my files (PC folder, folders they made when I joined staff - not quite sure what that was) destroyed, how do I go about demanding that? Does anyone have any experience in handling this?

I don't think anyone has managed that but it might be a good idea to get something going on it. I'm sure a lot of people here would rather that CoS didn't have dirt files on them. Keep in mind that anything really incriminating is also kept in a secret OSA file for use if you get too mouthy.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi everyone,

Good on ya, Yep cult embraces the mindset of hubbard on homophobia, which is peculiar as Hubbard openly loathed homosexuals but fancied himself as Cecil Rhodes.

Use Hubbard Spy tech, innocently ask to volunteer /work in Central files/pc folder storage and then claim them back. Its not necessary to give it an operation name like the cult would, but could be fun.There was a comment recently about freedom of information and getting personal files back, the act of asking or demanding would raise a red flag.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Well, strictly speaking, the "church" owns them so they're not your files.

...er...that is until you go to an upper org for auditing or something...then they DO become "your" files and you have to pay for the shipping.

Maybe there's some way to intercept that package?

...just sayin'...

...I bet the undoing of Hubbard's scam lies in his own greed...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The only way I can think of getting them is for someone inside the org with access to round them up physically. Some senior exec could order it done and it would be.

If there was a legal request for destruction then anything needed (by the org) would be copied first, whatever is said about it.

The easiest solution is to:

(1) Not have anything particularly damning documented in the first place;
(2) Not give a damn about it anyway.

Paul