Getting Non Hubbard works out of the C of S - What really Happened

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Another post to ars from SME:

I can shed some light on the below postings.

>From around early 82 through much of 83 a huge task was undertaken
within "the church" to get all non Hubbard writings out of "church"
orgs and missions.

The movement was lead by Hubbard himself and, through him, DM.

The "Policy" used was "Vital Data on Promotion" where Hubbard says
there can be no works but his own used. He said that doing so "would
end freedom for the planet".

All kinds of investigations and missions were fired to find out how non
Hubbard works had gotten into organized scientology. This included
missions to Minshul herself (then in Michigan I believe). The
missionaires reported that Minshul herself was disaffected from and
wanted nothing more to do with scientology. This was reported to
Hubbard who said that the only book of hers that he even saw was
"Miracles for Breakfast" but Minshul produced Hubbard's signed
approvals for the other books.

All kinds of things were found and that included just how each work was
gotten into an organization.

There were so many non Hubbard works that one copy of each made a pile
a couple feet high over a huge "board room sized" desk in Special
Unit's conference room. The books included all kinds of things like
Minshul's works, "the "Common Sense Management Series". "How to Make
Money", etc., etc.

The walls of the Special Unit conference room were filled with charts
showing how each work got into the organizations (things like someone
agreeing with SMI to purchase an expensive "Mission Starter Package" if
their book could be distributed by Bridge Publications).

Other things were found that "horrified" Hubbard and DM such as the
continental liaison offices themselves forwarding the line that DMSMH
(the main Dianetics book) was too complicated and so Minshul books
should be used to get new people in.

Special Unit did the investigations and then DM and his "Finance
Police" and the like took over and starting blowing people out of the
water broadly and in a big way. People were declared, "gang bang sec
checked", RPFed and the like right up to and including WDC level.

DM in court says Hubbard was off the lines at that time but that was
totally false. Special Unit wrote to him weekly and got his orders
weekly on this matter and so did other sectors.

This was part of the big power push that also included getting "all non
Hubbard tech" out of missions and orgs and people found pushing "non
LRH" things ("de dinging", "power flows", etc) were similarly blown
away using declares and many abuses by "the Finance Policy" and others
run by CMO.

The spitting on staff on the RPF at Int started in a big way with DM
and other goons that felt they had to follow him as part of the above.
Hubbard himself wrote asking that they (even the WDC members over SMI,
Bridge, etc.) be spit on for their "letting this happen".

"External influence" missions were then fired to all continents where
there were orgs to follow up on "the handlings". Abuses became rampant
and widespread.

There was a huge push to "get people jailed" for this by DM and it did
not even matter if they were "guilty" of anything. DM and Hubbard
wanted "heads on pikes" and the Int Finance Policy carried out hundreds
of abuses on all kinds of people, screaming in their faces, gang bang
sec checks, etc. trying to find evidence of "crimes" for which they
could be jailed.

The entire thing was run by DM, using Hubbard orders he got based on
information he was sending to Hubbard.

It was so crazy that Special Unit itself had to jump in on a number of
occasions to try to stop harassment actions and stop attempts to get
innocent people jailed.

The "excuse" used for all these abuses was that it was being
"unreasonable" with squirreling and was "saving scientology". WDC
itself put out an issue that praised the Int Finance Police for saving
scientology for carrying out actions like the above.

That was total bull. It was the worst on a long, long list of wholesale
human rights abuses. And guess what, it got everything out of missions
and orgs for which Hubbard was NOT receiving royalties!

DM says he was in ASI and had nothing to do with this as he was busy in
ASI and he says Hubbard was "off the lines". Both statements are
totally false. They ran it! ASI had its own "gang bang sec checks".

DM felt that the new "impregnable" corporate structure made it possible
to take such control and would mask the real controls. He will find
himself wrong about that.

Anyway, the above is a summation of the true story of what happened
with getting non Hubbard works out of missions and orgs. There are
many, many more details to this but the above sums it up.

SME

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Those were certainly wild times in Scn. DM was for sure running things as LRH's messenger boy, then cut the old man's comm lines and staged a coup to put himself in Supreme Dictator position. Scn planet wide was so traumatized and ripped apart that he could get away with anything. It astounds me to this day how many people took part in the 'SRA's' (severe reality adjustment) and 'face-ripping', for some reason deciding this was OK to do.

There was a whole training evolution to the effect of getting rabid pitbulls into every org to destroy them internally. The OEC/FEBC training evolution of the early 80's was simply a ploy to destroy orgs with pure unadulterated entheta. For any of you who missed it, each org was to send two staff for training as execs. While on the program in Pac, they ware drilled by ED Int personally, I think it was Bill Franks at the time, to scream unceasingly at the top of their lungs with Tone 40 intention to completely overwhelm their victim (staff member).

I remember the day that our first completed FEBC grad returned. Everybody was really excited to have someone finally who was fully trained and could get everything running smoothly and on policy and booming. What a misconception! The returning trainee was put straight onto the ED post, replacing the ED that was actually pretty good but hadn't been sent for training because she 'couldn't be spared'. The first morning at product conference she screamed non stop from 9 am till almost lunchtime with the nastiest most invalidative things she could possibly think up about each person. I tuned out after the first half hour, so I never did hear the insults and accusations directed at anyone from Div 3 up. That includes whatever she said to me.

Needless to say, the stats made it up the first partial week she was back, then went into danger and plunged and plunged week after week. Mission accomplished, I reckon.

Emma, I hope you invited SME to post here. Sounds like he has some good info.

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi Kookaburra,
The 1980 FEBC evolution was at flag not PAC. I was one of the trainee's. I find it hard to follow your logic that it was designed to destroy orgs. I was not drilled by anyone to scream at staff. The nearest to it was admin TRs. Also found on the survival rundown for all to enhance ability.
I came back to my org and was made ED, and crashed and burned. Lone FEBCs such as I was were predicted by LRH to fail thus. In fact personally I never really got out of non-e.

The FEBC program had problems, and its a little known but fascinating stat that 60% of trainees never made it back to their orgs!

I was not trained to face rip, and I would not be ever inclined to do so.

I could understand how some grads might be inclined to excess.

Where did you get your information or slant on this?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Emma,

Maybe some of that was going on much earlier.

In the 70s I had seen where a bunch of Board PLs were cancelled and replaced by HCOBs. (I don't remember which ones they were.)

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
From what I remember it was a cyclical thing, periods where non-LRH contributions were added into the library of HCOB's HCOPL's, ED's and books. Followed by purges of anything non-LRH. So I think P-G is correct. :itstrue:

I remember Ruth Minshull's books bouncing off and onto the Scn org and Mission bookshelves, like they were made of rubber, all through the seventies!

:kangaroo: :bounce:

So I don't think Miscavage was doing anything particularly different. LRH was a cyclic personality as far as I can see. Nice/nasty Forgiving/unforgiving Permisive/ruthless

Poor old David just copped for a full blast of his nasty side. And the poor kid just snapped terminals with the wrong side of LRH's personality! :whipped:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Those were certainly wild times in Scn. DM was for sure running things as LRH's messenger boy, then cut the old man's comm lines and staged a coup to put himself in Supreme Dictator position. Scn planet wide was so traumatized and ripped apart that he could get away with anything. It astounds me to this day how many people took part in the 'SRA's' (severe reality adjustment) and 'face-ripping', for some reason deciding this was OK to do.

There was a whole training evolution to the effect of getting rabid pitbulls into every org to destroy them internally. The OEC/FEBC training evolution of the early 80's was simply a ploy to destroy orgs with pure unadulterated entheta. For any of you who missed it, each org was to send two staff for training as execs. While on the program in Pac, they ware drilled by ED Int personally, I think it was Bill Franks at the time, to scream unceasingly at the top of their lungs with Tone 40 intention to completely overwhelm their victim (staff member).

I remember the day that our first completed FEBC grad returned. Everybody was really excited to have someone finally who was fully trained and could get everything running smoothly and on policy and booming. What a misconception! The returning trainee was put straight onto the ED post, replacing the ED that was actually pretty good but hadn't been sent for training because she 'couldn't be spared'. The first morning at product conference she screamed non stop from 9 am till almost lunchtime with the nastiest most invalidative things she could possibly think up about each person. I tuned out after the first half hour, so I never did hear the insults and accusations directed at anyone from Div 3 up. That includes whatever she said to me.

Needless to say, the stats made it up the first partial week she was back, then went into danger and plunged and plunged week after week. Mission accomplished, I reckon.

Emma, I hope you invited SME to post here. Sounds like he has some good info.

Face-ripping ED's - how many I've met over the years.

The first FEBC's we named "Frantic Efforts to Be Causes."

These individuals suffered from PPS.....Premature Power Syndrome.

Few realize that it takes a long time to grow and handle power.......giving a person Premature Power causes them to pull old winning power identities from the past.......most often these are enemy identities that had overwhelmed them by face-ripping behavior.

It does not take long to plunge an area into a full-on dramatization of fighting past enemies.....the whole group go SP. Tearing each other to pieces.

This is the price Scio paid for rabbiting from the incomplete GPM Tech.

Alan
________

Last edited by a moderator:

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious
Hi Kookaburra,
The 1980 FEBC evolution was at flag not PAC. I was one of the trainee's. I find it hard to follow your logic that it was designed to destroy orgs. I was not drilled by anyone to scream at staff. The nearest to it was admin TRs. Also found on the survival rundown for all to enhance ability.
I came back to my org and was made ED, and crashed and burned. Lone FEBCs such as I was were predicted by LRH to fail thus. In fact personally I never really got out of non-e.

The FEBC program had problems, and its a little known but fascinating stat that 60% of trainees never made it back to their orgs!

I was not trained to face rip, and I would not be ever inclined to do so.

I could understand how some grads might be inclined to excess.

Where did you get your information or slant on this?

You seem to be an ok guy and all but what real life experiences do you have outside the box that suggests you could actually be of help mentoring anything useful found littered about the luna’s tech, to be of assistance to someone in real life, without adding a lie from ignorance, ommision or commission and thus turing them into a ronbot?

And which cyber org are you trying to convince folks that you’re ED of now? And for what purpose? Is it that hit-and-run is easer here?

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=253007&highlight=terril+ed+freezone#253007

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Other things were found that "horrified" Hubbard and DM such as the
continental liaison offices themselves forwarding the line that DMSMH
(the main Dianetics book) was too complicated and so Minshul books
should be used to get new people in.

Does anyone else find it ironic that people were blown out of the water for this in the early 80s and Minshul got declared?

When 5 to 10 years down the road DM is doing the exact same thing himself with those "Dianetic Video kits", etc. Not to mention "column tech" and all the other things he came up with because of exactly the same reason the "continental liasion offices" were forwarding.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Another post to ars from SME:

I can verify the accuracy of a lot of this - I was with John Nelson in early 1982 investigating NEP and royalties. Then came the "load up every org with tons of books and just write checks from their reserves" evolution which would up with over 72 million dollars going to ASI.