What's new

Getting Nuked

Marie

Patron
I couldn’t resist…

I had been at ASHO (on the org grounds) for 1 week. Before that for a while I was an expeditor on the Uniform PAC msn, but ASHO staff.

I was on post as Treas sec (Don’t remember SO term) for 2 days, we had a msn in the building that was for computerizing the accounts and I was learning a hat that no one was there to turn over the info except my junior who was payables, she did a quick hat and off I went to do the job.

So I am passing thru the reception area, and the CO (KT) stops me… In the middle of the area she degrades me about my downstats. How my area is in a danger and that a comm.-ev would occur if it didn’t get handled. I freaked out, I was in tears, and went to my office closed the door (which I wasn’t supposed to do) and sat there not knowing what to do to make this work.

I had never been nuked before, I hadn’t ever been yelled at before (in the SO), I hadn’t been sent to ethics except to be sent back to session. I had been in for at least for 3 ½ years…

Now as I have written before, I was sort of a drifter during most of my SO time, from missions to msn coverage (always in orgs that were below my org – so no-one in these orgs could really discipline me – and when I did need a slap on the wrist they would report it, via KR, to the msn ops, who would usually be too busy – and I always corrected my action on a small mention, so it wasn’t an ongoing issue).

So I am sitting in my office crying and the Mission I/C comes in (by the way, weird note she turned out to be my godmother, she had been on staff at Detroit and knew my parents, at the time I was born was a very close friend of theirs). She asked me why I was crying, I told her.

She said “Why did you let her do that, you have not been on post – those were not your stats. You aren’t going to make it if you can’t stand your ground!!! You are a well-trained, well experienced staff member who should know better!!!” (I think she also had a little talk with the CO, but I cannot be sure.)

The next time I was asked to do an all hands for call-in (I offered to write letters instead, because my post would have been empty and would have effected org income). I refused, I had policy to back up my position, offered a solution that would have helped the effort, I had the experience (and ethics presence) to handle the flack it caused. And in the end, it was a good experience, but at the time….

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Thanks for sharing your story.

I look up to people like you who have all this wealth of past experience and who can tell me the stuff that CofS never would have told me, back when I was in.

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
So typical.

After studying the thousands of "how-to"'s on the OEC / FEBC project, drilling on this technique and that technique on how to expand an org, and demonstrating that they can "make it go right", more than half of these exec wanna-be's fall back to being a prick. That's it.

"Let's see, what admin procedure can I apply today to boom my org?"

"I got it, I'll just be a prick. Yeah - that's the ticket!"

The church could have save a lot of many by locating the biggest prick and putting that person on the CO / ED post.

T

TheSneakster

not important

Last edited by a moderator: