What's new

Getting your PC folders out.

S

songbyrd

Does anybody know how to get your PC folders out? Does anybody have any good ideas on this?

Isn't there a law in regards to medical records that says a person has the right to see and/or copy their medical files that would apply to PC folders?

I never signed anything stating that my PC folders would be property of CoS.

Pixie

Crusader
Does anybody know how to get your PC folders out? Does anybody have any good ideas on this?

Isn't there a law in regards to medical records that says a person has the right to see and/or copy their medical files that would apply to PC folders?

I never signed anything stating that my PC folders would be property of CoS.

Good question, however I have no clue about this but it's a good point. Hopefully someone will have an answer to this or give us some indication as to which way to turn. It would sure make a good bonfire and be a wonderfully cleaning experience, however I feel sure it would be like pulling teeth and short of breaking in and stealing them yourself under the cover of darkness you probably have more chance of seeing elephants fly.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have thought about this too. I'd love my folders back! I suggest research in the area of privacy laws. These would be different country to country. The freedom of information laws in most country's are only applicable to government bodies so they could not be used in this case i.e. scientology is not obliged under freedom of information type laws to release information. However there may be a legal channel through privacy laws. I will keep doing research and see what I turn up. It may be that no direct laws cover this and will mean having to use any relevant former legal cases (legal precedents set down by courts). Hope this makes sense.

I think this is a highly worthwhile thing to pursue. If anyone knows any professors of law in their area, perhaps they could discuss with them. Probably the issue would come down to the ownership of the folders. Maybe.

Wisened One

Crusader
You know, we want our folders back too! :grouch: Yet hubby brought up a valid point that it probably wouldn't matter, as they'd make copies and copy them onto computers/discs, etc..and how could we ensure that those were given to us/destroyed,etc too? :confused2:

dr3k

Patron with Honors
I personally am one of those people who could care less what they do with PC folders. Well, if I were someone who admitted to things I might not want being public I might want them back but otherwise ..hell with it?

Pixie

Crusader
I personally am one of those people who could care less what they do with PC folders. Well, if I were someone who admitted to things I might not want being public I might want them back but otherwise ..hell with it?

It's not necessarily about what may end up in public view, it's about helping to let go I think. It's symbolic, I mean half your life or more are in those folders and with some of the auditors I had it wouldn't surprise me if they put stuff in there that I hadn't said. For me, it's not about what's in there, it's about the fact that they have all this information on me and I want it back so that I can make a bonfire and get rid of the whole lot.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's not necessarily about what may end up in public view, it's about helping to let go I think. It's symbolic, I mean half your life or more are in those folders and with some of the auditors I had it wouldn't surprise me if they put stuff in there that I hadn't said. For me, it's not about what's in there, it's about the fact that they have all this information on me and I want it back so that I can make a bonfire and get rid of the whole lot.

I agree Pixie - it's about helping let go fully and also it's symbolic. They got my free labor, they got me to navel gaze intensely, the very least they can do is return to me the b/s they wrote about me. Also, for me there is this "by association" factor. I desire zero association with scientology. It would make excellent dinner party conversation. After a dinner I could drag out my cult files and we could all have a good discussion!

From another point of view, I think the contents of PC, ethics, personnel, student, OSA, CF, etc, in a group would make a fascinating study. Good for learning from so history won't repeat itself. I might change my view on this point but is just where I am at right now.

riptide

Patron with Honors
When I was at Flag I noticed one of the many things I signed while routing in was an acknowledgment that my PC folders were not my property...wonder how the legal system in this country would regard that.....

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The interesting thing about the symbolism of getting your folders back is:

1) They will keep copies
2) They will cull what they give you to remove (their) embarassments

Zinj

Good twin

Floater
Truthfully, your folders are useless. Whatever there is of value to the church has already been culled. One of the things I realized when I was an intern was how utterly boring an auditing session is unless you are participating in it. Your folders are full of words and ramblings and significances. There are pages and pages of nothing and only a very few "juicy" tidbits. Think about it. How many hours of auditing did you have? How many folders did you have? How many words would it take you to say anything really incriminating that is in those folders? I would guess a few paragraphs at most.:yes:
Also, your folders are likely to be lost unless you are recently out. Folder archives are in nearly as bad shape as CFs.:eyeroll:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The interesting thing about the symbolism of getting your folders back is:

1) They will keep copies
2) They will cull what they give you to remove (their) embarassments

Zinj

Yes to the second point. But "making a copy" is quite a production if you have 50-100 folders, each containing several hundred pages, stapled together in bunches of ten or so. I don't know if they would do so. Why bother? Since they are going to cull them to hide things they don't want known, they might also keep copies of juicy things like O/W write-ups or KRs, but why bother to keep a copy of 300 hours of whole-track Dianetics sessions from 1971?

Paul

Div6

Crusader
Truthfully, your folders are useless. Whatever there is of value to the church has already been culled. One of the things I realized when I was an intern was how utterly boring an auditing session is unless you are participating in it. Your folders are full of words and ramblings and significances. There are pages and pages of nothing and only a very few "juicy" tidbits. Think about it. How many hours of auditing did you have? How many folders did you have? How many words would it take you to say anything really incriminating that is in those folders? I would guess a few paragraphs at most.:yes:
Also, your folders are likely to be lost unless you are recently out. Folder archives are in nearly as bad shape as CFs.:eyeroll:

Well, some of us might like to know if and what we R/S'ed on....and it would be nice to have a summary of listing questions, but in a pinch it could be reconstructed.....

Good twin

Floater
Well, some of us might like to know if and what we R/S'ed on....and it would be nice to have a summary of listing questions, but in a pinch it could be reconstructed.....

Okay. Agreed. The folder summary would be of value. The rest is just paper.:thumbsup:

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors

Not if you have done the FPRD, and all of your 'evil purps' are always at the front, in folder #[current], on the dreaded blue paper.
:omg:

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
I agree Pixie - it's about helping let go fully and also it's symbolic. They got my free labor, they got me to navel gaze intensely, the very least they can do is return to me the b/s they wrote about me. Also, for me there is this "by association" factor. I desire zero association with scientology. It would make excellent dinner party conversation. After a dinner I could drag out my cult files and we could all have a good discussion!

From another point of view, I think the contents of PC, ethics, personnel, student, OSA, CF, etc, in a group would make a fascinating study. Good for learning from so history won't repeat itself. I might change my view on this point but is just where I am at right now.

The last scenes in "The Lives of Others", an incredible German film. The East German people are allowed in to the State Police archives to find their own files and read what was put in about them. A chilling film.

I got a chill on the back of my neck envisioning a time where the people suppressed by the Church can walk through the CF file stacks and PC folder racks and locate and read what was written about them.

Through a deserted and abandoned and empty Church.

free1996

Patron with Honors
pc folders

With medical records, you can pay to get a copy. But they don't always give you everything. As with PC folders, they use your private sessions as tools to use against you. The auditor writes alot, but not everything you say. Only things they are instructed to ask you or things you have "charge" on. I had the chance once to see mine in the private of my own office-I should have burned it when I had the chance, but I was still in. So I wrote notes on the bottom of my KR's and other stuff. Who ever see's that folder is going to be confused. It had so many false information about me. Remember they put stuff from your ethics folder in your PC folder as well. But it's true, it can't hurt you anymore. Sea Org members are going to say whatever to get to you...it's part of the game.

XtremeNL

If you are in the UK or EU take a look at the Data protection Act thread as Snuffy suggested. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=5866

This action is gaining momentum. PM me if you want to know more.

Just quoting that because it's very important.
When in europe, it probably doesn't matter what you signed, you can always request the information they have on you, and possibly demand them to destroy their copy of it.