What's new

Gibney, Haggis, Wright Live Event Today 6:30 ET

Anybody see this pic on Tony's site today?

http://tonyortega.org/wp-content/up...wrence_Wright_Paul_Haggis2-e1425387355110.jpg

The guys in the photo are all from the show, except Aaron Smith-Levin, who flew there to attend. Go to Tony's site to see the back story on this guy.

Wanna bet this particular guy is sitting on something HOT?

Also, is that some kinda secret hand signal Gibney is making?

It looks suspiciously like the boy scout salute! :biggrin: Maybe it's "take two" for the picture (always a director). Maybe he is just ordering another drink..."make it a double!" :biggrin:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
It looks suspiciously like the boy scout salute! :biggrin: Maybe it's "take two" for the picture (always a director). Maybe he is just ordering another drink..."make it a double!" :biggrin:

Hmmmm. I think he's giving a message to someone. It is a very odd way to position the hands/fingers in that way.... at least so I thought.

imSPecial

Patron with Honors
late to the discussion, sorry.

i think this collection of individuals - ex-public, ex-s.o., never in, etc - are, throughout the process of promoting the documentary (no matter what event i'm watching, article i'm reading, etc) are doing a really amazing job of talking the subject to the masses in totally understandable terms.

i really appreciate wright and gibney's indulgence of discussion and then, with a quick sentence or two, several times over, bringing laser beam focus onto what happens AFTER the documentary...the question of the tax exempt status and pushing for the need.

the man asking the q re lisa macpherson framed the q around that something he saw in the gumbel interview that grabbed him at an emotional level. rinder's response was ...interesting... to watch in juxtaposition.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
late to the discussion, sorry.

i think this collection of individuals - ex-public, ex-s.o., never in, etc - are, throughout the process of promoting the documentary (no matter what event i'm watching, article i'm reading, etc) are doing a really amazing job of talking the subject to the masses in totally understandable terms.

i really appreciate wright and gibney's indulgence of discussion and then, with a quick sentence or two, several times over, bringing laser beam focus onto what happens AFTER the documentary...the question of the tax exempt status and pushing for the need.

the man asking the q re lisa macpherson framed the q around that something he saw in the gumbel interview that grabbed him at an emotional level. rinder's response was ...interesting... to watch in juxtaposition.

Tax status -- that's the biggie right there, the Achilles Heel! (Or maybe the Jugular! Hope they go for both.)

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Going Clear is clearly cutting across a wide swath of media, from the "highbrow" forums
of the NY Times to the popular culture icons, like People Magazine.

All this, in advance of its HBO airing!

I can't wait to read Tony Ortega on March 30th, the day after it airs!

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

As good as the Times Talk event was, Scientology's response, (linked at the end of the

People article) is a howlingly incoherent, 5000 word, totally over the top hyperventilating

response.

I'm telling you, they are really losing it.

This is what Justice looks like.

Scientology has been hoist on its own petard.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just finished watching the show.

WOW!:thumbsup:

I liked the ambiance, relaxed repartee and lack of melodrama. :yes:

Gibney's got some serious gooeynads and I'm looking forward to seeing just how he can piece all this together visually and textually in a few hours.:ohmy:

Rinder did quite well, IMO, with the exception of the Lisa stuff...his "flinch" was gruesomely palpable. Also, my Take is he really (though subtly) wants to somehow be the Authority.:unsure:

Haggis is real, honest, decent, downright human, precisely accurate, refreshingly irreverent, disarmingly open.:thumbsup:

Wright is the Cheshire Cat...He's "Da Man", and all the other participants--including the moderator--either directly (Haggis, Gibney) or indirectly (Moderator, Rinder) acknowledge and say that. Wright looks, says and is convincing that he has no "Ax to Grind"...He just followed a path of inquiry which he has shared in his New Yorker Article, his Book and now the Film. Wright does not sit in judgement...Wright has questions he has asked...Facts he has gathered in answer to his questions and connections, observations and correlations he has found along the way. And, Wright's got more than Brass Balls--Wright is, in essence, what Scn represents as being "OT".:coolwink:

The biggest "Reveal" for me was when Haggis said that he personally knew that there were a number of Scn heavy hitters that were for all intents and purposes "Out" but keeping their mouths shut. That Dam is gonna burst some day and the Gibney/Wright Film may be just the depth charge that cracks it below the water line. Calling out Cruise, Travolta, etc just well may be that depth charge and only Folks like Gibney, Wright and Haggis might well could do that. :biggrin:

Face:)

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
https://instagram.com/p/zy0b_QJy1C/

attachment.php

Attachments

• Haggis-Instagram.jpg
    Haggis-Instagram.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 32

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron