Give to Sally Heath's Comeback?

WhatWall

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sally Heath, longtime Clearwater resident and publisher of The Comm Line, Word of Mouth Directory and Who? What? Where?, has suffered some health problems over the past few years and is asking for donos to reach $15,000 on her GoFundMe page: "Sally's Come Back & Give Back Fund".
5025996_1434959456.2436.jpg
From her GoFundMe page:
So, this crowdfunder serves a duo purpose as I am asking for help so I can continue to help my body heal, as well as help me to re-establish my business now that I am able to work again so that I can once again fully support myself.

The money from this crowd funder will be used to help me continue to get the help I need to continue improving the overall health of my body, to reduce stress by handling some pressing bills as well as to get my business fully operational again - and once again helping the businesses that we all like to work with - the honest & reliable ones. A side benefit of this is it will give a tremendous lift to my spiritual side. [boldface added for emphasis]
I wish her the best for her medical recovery, but because of the sentence emphasized above, I wonder if any of this money will be given to Scientology. And I wonder how much of a role Scientology played in creating her current situation.

Being an older, self-employed Scientologist is often a perilous circumstance due to lack of medical insurance and no financial reserves. Scientology's likely response to Sally's condition is that she needs to re-do her Purification Rundown.

My only reservation about giving her any money is that some of it may go to Scientology. I'm interested in other Exes take on whether to give to her.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I don't know if it's for $cientology neither I know of her :confused2:

But I was quite surprised she didn't mentionned the exact nature of 'help' she would received and what is her condition. When people go for an online crowdfundraising, they usually provide accurate information about

- the medical issue they are facing
- what medical treatment they need..where...the cost
- what amount of $ they need to afford such treatment, room and board, airfare, etc...

In this case, it's seems to be a mystery sammie :confused2:

She's talking about helping the body, spirit, and pay bills :unsure:
People interested in helping her shall ask her to provide clear and accurate information on what founds will be used for.

That condition, if something similar than CFS, might be caused by $cientology constant pressure on mind\body and unprecedented amount of stress exhausting\collapsing the adrenals...It's a common outcome of years in $cientology as well as PTSD. :unsure:

Anyway, good luck to her, in recovering.

Worth to back off , and from a distance, give a sincere and courageous look at it....

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
IMO these type of Internet pleas are frauds.

No where does this request mention the cult.

It it does mention her "charitable" works and helping social betterment works. Of course that is cult code / speak for ONLY cult programs.

Can't imagine that her involvement in the cult did not have an impact upon her finances. But now she is casting her net wider, to non cult people, because..... the cult does not help its own.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I don't wish her any harm, I hope she recovers from whatever problems she has had. I do hope though that she's not going to beg the general public to pay for her services. I can't help but wonder if reges are getting people to fund themselves this way if they can't get any more loans, rape the public of their funds, get them in huge debt them get them begging for more.

WhatWall

As of this morning, over the past 27 days she has only raised $140 of the $15,000 needed. Due to the nature of her publications, Sally has lots of Scientologist email addresses, so I'm sure she has notified them of her situation. Where are donations from all the Scientologists who know her or have been contacted by her?

Leland

Crusader
Does anyone know if her Clearwater "who what where" is the same publication as the one in Los Angeles...?

That was a broadly (cult public member) available publication in Los Angeles.....

I am not familiar with the one in Clearwater....

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why can't they help Sally so she doesn't have to beg in public?:
vm-kit-2011.png

Accordingly, in addition to traveling to wherever disaster strikes, Volunteer Ministers work with public servants in their own communities, helping to improve conditions right at home. Their information and training centers are bright yellow tents open to the public at weekend events and fairs, where anyone may enroll on a course or seminar that is delivered right in the tent.

Extensive information displays present the full array of tools for resolving any situation—from rescuing failing students or getting addicts off drugs, to alleviating emotional trauma of physical injuries, salvaging troubled relationships or solving human conflicts.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
As of this morning, over the past 27 days she has only raised $140 of the $15,000 needed. Due to the nature of her publications, Sally has lots of Scientologist email addresses, so I'm sure she has notified them of her situation. Where are donations from all the Scientologists who know her or have been contacted by her?

[video=youtube;04rClGsbWp4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04rClGsbWp4[/video]

"And when ya got money
Ya got lots of friends a crowding around your door
When the money's gone and all your spending ends
They won't be around anymore . . . no, no, no
And rich relations may give you crust of bread and such
You can help yourself but don't take too much!
Mamma may have and pappa may have
God bless the child that's got his own
That's got his own!"

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Why can't they help Sally so she doesn't have to beg in public?:
vm-kit-2011.png

Hello,

Reverend Lotus here,

You must understand that $camology, as a religious for non profit organisation, is not a charitable organisation providing poor people with goods,health services and money. We address the spirituality of human beings. We provide a safe and secure place for the spirit.

We count on parisionners donations for us to persue such goal at a ww scale to maintain a large amount of churches and missionaries all over the planet.

Thus, we UNFORTUNATELY, can't allow any, for personnal benefit, sollicitation neither foundraising activity\promotion on any $camology premise, as it would ENDANGER the cult peddlar activities in raising funds for it's real estate expansion purposes.

As our founder LRH ever said...$cientologists may address governement and all other churches for charity purposes. We don't encourage people to depend upon others, we encourage taking responsibility and we can provide ethics help on dynamics survival matters.

Thank you!

Much love

Rev. Lotus

Last edited:

Glenda

Crusader
Sally Heath, longtime Clearwater resident and publisher of The Comm Line, Word of Mouth Directory and Who? What? Where?, has suffered some health problems over the past few years and is asking for donos to reach $15,000 on her GoFundMe page: "Sally's Come Back & Give Back Fund".
View attachment 10936
From her GoFundMe page:
I wish her the best for her medical recovery, but because of the sentence emphasized above, I wonder if any of this money will be given to Scientology. And I wonder how much of a role Scientology played in creating her current situation.

Being an older, self-employed Scientologist is often a perilous circumstance due to lack of medical insurance and no financial reserves. Scientology's likely response to Sally's condition is that she needs to re-do her Purification Rundown.

My only reservation about giving her any money is that some of it may go to Scientology. I'm interested in other Exes take on whether to give to her.

I did a quick scan of her TheCommLine web site and looked through the June edition.

There are several ads for educational facilities which are licensed to Applied Scholastics, e.g. Washburn Academy. You have to read the very small print at the bottom of the ads. That small print acknowledges L Ron Hubbard, etc.

My take?

I have empathy that this woman has been having a tough time with her health. But...per her online magazine she is very much part of the broader scientology community. I would be 90% confident in saying she is in "good standing" with scientology, hence the way she might spend incoming funds would include taking services (i.e. donating money to scientology). I therefore could not give money to this person. I would also not give money to a drug addict.

Just my opinion. :)

Anonycat

Crusader
Scientologists often have businesses that are pretty wobbly, and sometimes not even legal. I'm guessing hers is. If she wants to prove to herself that it's sound, write it up and go to the bank for a small business loan. Where I live, small woman-owned businesses are given priorities. They'll explain it to her, if it isn't. Also, it looks like she wants money for cult classes.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
I did a quick scan of her TheCommLine web site and looked through the June edition.

There are several ads for educational facilities which are licensed to Applied Scholastics, e.g. Washburn Academy. You have to read the very small print at the bottom of the ads. That small print acknowledges L Ron Hubbard, etc.

My take?

I have empathy that this woman has been having a tough time with her health. But...per her online magazine she is very much part of the broader scientology community. I would be 90% confident in saying she is in "good standing" with scientology, hence the way she might spend incoming funds would include taking services (i.e. donating money to scientology). I therefore could not give money to this person. I would also not give money to a drug addict.

Just my opinion. :)

Hear, hear!! Alcoholism and drug addiction runs in my family. I learned decades ago, giving money to an alcoholic, drug addict, or Scientologist only supports liquor stores, pushers, and The Church; and leaves the person worse off than before. Unless she Blew first, if she were to raise $15K, there is no WAY that the church wouldn't get a big chunk of it and leave her worse off.

Glenda

Crusader
Hear, hear!! Alcoholism and drug addiction runs in my family. I learned decades ago, giving money to an alcoholic, drug addict, or Scientologist only supports liquor stores, pushers, and The Church; and leaves the person worse off than before. Unless she Blew first, if she were to $15K, there is no WAY that the church wouldn't get a big chunk of it and leave her worse off.

Exactly. I am not without empathy for those with addictions but I will not enable the continuation of self-destructive circular patterns - which are often closely connected to other destructive individuals/groups. There are many ways to offer support to someone with an addiction, giving them money is not one of them. Imo.

WhatWall

Sally's GoFundMe donations have increased from $140 to $1,246 since yesterday morning. Someone forwarded me a mass emailing she sent out yesterday asking for donations. It probably accounts for the big increase over the past 24 hours.

GoFundMe allows for 3 types of fundraising: Personal Campaigns; Charity Fundraising; All or Nothing. Since Sally's is a Personal Campaign, she will receive all donations contributed. In other words, it's NOT all or nothing. Hopefully, the donos will be used first to cover her medical expenses and bills.

Even the title for her GoFundMe page, "Sally's Come Back & Give Back Fund", is Scientology influenced. In her email she points out that she has done quite a bit for the Scientology community with her publications and thus had the realization that she is worthy of being helped, so you should consider giving back to her.

Sally can't just issue a pure plea for charity. Sadly, the Church of Scientology only enages in charity when justified by its PR value.

Sally feels compelled to follow Hubbard's Laws of Exchange, while, in contrast, her church is more than willing to take, take, take from its parishioners until they are financially ruined.:angry:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I'm sure I'm going to get bad feedback on this but I just feel it necessary to comment

I feel very sorry for Sally, and hope exes will be kind towards her situation.

I spent years 'helping' like she did...with little to no recompense or acknowledgement. I did the things I did to 'help' because I cared. It was a lot of work. A thankless job.. Sally teied hard and successfully to bring people together... IIRC, back in the early 80's, Int Finance actually suppressed the publication of the Who What Where because they considered the mags were a threat to rallying up the field against management. This was also during the years when WISE was going after advertisers and people listing their businesses in it, trying to force any scientologist with a business to 'tithe' to WISE, even if they didn't use the 'admin tech' in their business!

That she and others got that publication going again, and rallied up people to list themselves there so they could be connected was and is an key factor in providing some sanity among that group. Many of us know how hard it was to leave because we'd met and networked with, and befriended, so many nice people.

The Who What Where has been an important resource for many of us exes, to keep up with who and what is going on where.

But as you can see, the woman is not doing well, was very ill and incorrectly diagnosed for some time most likely by quack Scientology advised or scientologist recommended practitioners of questionable skill. To get better and get right solutions, often after all these other off the mark 'solutions' I and many had to go into debt when finally winding up or seeking appropriate medical care when we lacked health insurance. I know what it's like as a single parent, struggling to take care of the kids when ill. I wish my debt at the time, and continued medical care costs were as low as the $15,000 she is asking for.

I highly doubt she is asking for money to help her on her bridge. Running a business, which I did for many years, takes so much more money than that to sustain itself in the short run. That she did this voluntarily, not charging much if at all to many over the years, one would think people in the church would respond and contribute more. But this is how it gets in Scientology. Most don't gives a hoot about her problems... or needs. she is expendable... like so many other who gave and gave and have and are put to the curb.

$15,000 does not get much of any Scientology anyway. She never states she is using it or that purpose. From my own experience, helping brought me much 'spiritual happiness', such as I understood it back then as a brainwashed idiot member. I was always a volunteer and that has always brought me much spiritual satisfaction. Even when I did what I did to 'help expand Scientology and Clear the planet'. So I can see that what she is saying is that she wants very much to get well and back to her purposes, her efforts on it, which brings her spiritual uplifting.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
I'm sure I'm going to get bad feedback on this but I just feel it necessary to comment

I spent years 'helping' like she did...with little to no recompense or acknowledgement. I did the things I did to 'help' because I cared. It was a lot of work. A thankless job.. Sally teied hard and successfully to bring people together... IIRC, back in the early 80's, Int Finance actually suppressed the publication of the Who What Where because they considered the mags were a threat to rallying up the field against management. This was also during the years when WISE was going after advertisers and people listing their businesses in it, trying to force any scientologist with a business to 'tithe' to WISE, even if they didn't use the 'admin tech' in their business!

That she and others got that publication going again, and rallied up people to list themselves there so they could be connected was and is an key factor in providing some sanity among that group. Many of us know how hard it was to leave because we'd met and networked with, and befriended, so many nice people.

The Who What Where has been an important resource for many of us exes, to keep up with who and what is going on where.

But as you can see, the woman is not doing well, was very ill and incorrectly diagnosed for some time most likely by quack Scientology advised or scientologist recommended practitioners of questionable skill. To get better and get right solutions, often after all these other off the mark 'solutions' I and many had to go into debt when finally winding up or seeking appropriate medical care when we lacked health insurance. I know what it's like as a single parent, struggling to take care of the kids when ill. I wish my debt at the time, and continued medical care costs were as low as the $15,000 she is asking for.

I highly doubt she is asking for money to help her on her bridge. Running a business, which I did for many years, takes so much more money than that to sustain itself in the short run. That she did this voluntarily, not charging much if at all to many over the years, one would think people in the church would respond and contribute more. But this is how it gets in Scientology. Most don't gives a hoot about her problems... or needs. she is expendable... like so many other who gave and gave and have and are put to the curb.

$15,000 does not get much of any Scientology anyway. She never states she is using it or that purpose. From my own experience, helping brought me much 'spiritual happiness', such as I understood it back then as a brainwashed idiot member. I was always a volunteer and that has always brought me much spiritual satisfaction. Even when I did what I did to 'help expand Scientology and Clear the planet'. So I can see that what she is saying is that she wants very much to get well and back to her purposes, her efforts on it, which brings her spiritual uplifting.

What I found so sad was the constant theme through out about her past production, as if to justify asking for money for her medical expenses. It must be humiliating having to ask for money, although I don't really understand the US medical system, it made me feel really sorry for her, as if what she did for scientology makes her more deserving lest she appear, 'out exchange,'

I hope she figures out how to get the right treatment.

WhatWall

What I found so sad was the constant theme through out about her past production, as if to justify asking for money for her medical expenses. It must be humiliating having to ask for money, although I don't really understand the US medical system, it made me feel really sorry for her, as if what she did for scientology makes her more deserving lest she appear, 'out exchange,'

I hope she figures out how to get the right treatment.

Exactly the point I made, but you did a better job of expressing it.

WhatWall

Your post provided me with the background info I needed in order to truly feel compassion for Sally's plight. Thank you. :thumbsup:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
:hmm: ... This whole thread makes me kinda cringe ...

1st of all, a business which can't even support itself, let alone it's owner(s), is not a business - it's a hobby. Plain and simple.

Next point:
15 grand would get the business going for how long? When will the break-even point be reached?

Next point:
Mixing business-related issues with health-related ones, is always a bad idea, but just out of curiosity: When exactly will the business owner reach the status of full "work-power", so that she can keep her business going?

Next point:
Ghee, mixing "spirituality" with work-power and business issues: Sorry, but that's the worst idea ever. :omg:

Therefore I'd say: "Sarah, forget that "spirituality" crap. 1st get your health back in good order and then take a good, long, sharp look at your business. How much money per month does it need to reach the break-even-point and what exactly do you need to do to get there?"

Leland

Crusader
Yes, I empathize with her.....she's in a tough spot.

But doubt anyone here can say that the "Cult Lifestyle" didn't play a part in this....

I don't like the common practice of Cult Members playing fast and loose with words......substituting "spiritual" for what she really means...."theta." They are just not interchangeable IMO....

It is "an acceptable lie" IMO.

And glossing over what her condition is....what her treatment will be.....( "now that it has been diagnosed properly")......by whom?

The plea for funds....is a fraud....IMO.

What type of treatment can she get for 15 grand? That seems very suspect.....

The Cult has always frowned upon and been jealous of any cult public...."forming a group..." outside the cult.....and I imagine always will be. That she did do this....and had to struggle to do so....??? Well that is just part of the package of being in the cult.