What's new

Glasgow Documentary about Scientology

Fynn

Hello everyone,

I am a Television Production student at Glasgow Metropolitan College and I will be directing a documentary about Scientology focussing on the actions and voices of Anonymous. I have interviews with various members of Anonymous and am continuing to try to get an interview or statement from Scientology Scotland.

I want to provide an additional platform for all those opposed to Scientology with this documentary with the aim of providing the shocking truth and facts about Scientology's agenda and practices. If any previous members would like to provide their experiences and thoughts towards this documentary it will increase the validity of the message provided.

You will need to be available for filming in Glasgow on the Thursday the 29th of January, Friday the 30th of January or Thursday the 5th of February. Your anonymity will be respected and your views honoured without bias.

If you are interested and/or you have any questions about the documentary or me, please contact via email: [email protected]

Your voice will show an important aspect of Scientology. You can check me out online at myspace.com/fynnking and youtube.com/fynnking

Thanks,

Fynn Elkington

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hope this works out for you.
Please include the fact that Tommy Davis lies to the general public about disconnection and medical drugs.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello everyone,

I am a Television Production student at Glasgow Metropolitan College and I will be directing a documentary about Scientology focussing on the actions and voices of Anonymous. I have interviews with various members of Anonymous and am continuing to try to get an interview or statement from Scientology Scotland.

I want to provide an additional platform for all those opposed to Scientology with this documentary with the aim of providing the shocking truth and facts about Scientology's agenda and practices. If any previous members would like to provide their experiences and thoughts towards this documentary it will increase the validity of the message provided.

You will need to be available for filming in Glasgow on the Thursday the 29th of January, Friday the 30th of January or Thursday the 5th of February. Your anonymity will be respected and your views honoured without bias.

If you are interested and/or you have any questions about the documentary or me, please contact via email: [email protected]

Your voice will show an important aspect of Scientology. You can check me out online at myspace.com/fynnking and youtube.com/fynnking

Thanks,

Fynn Elkington

Since your stated aim is to provide an additional platform for those opposed to scientology, shouldn't you label your project propaganda rather than documentary?

Seems to me a documentary would not start out attempting to favor one side.

FYI the Church of Scientology generally does not provide spokespeople to use as fodder by people admittedly opposed to scientology, so you will probably have little luck in your endeavor.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The requirement of visiting Glasgow in person cuts down your interviewee pool considerably. Have you considered allowing telephone interviews and Skype interviews, the latter with or without webcam?

Paul

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Since your stated aim is to provide an additional platform for those opposed to scientology, shouldn't you label your project propaganda rather than documentary?

FYI the Church of Scientology generally does not provide spokespeople to use as fodder by people admittedly opposed to scientology, so you will probably have little luck in your endeavor.
Any honest documentary about Scientology is indistinguishable from defamation.. You knew that Alex!

:yes:

Veda

Sponsor
'60 Minutes' program, 1980 (The 4:20-8:20 section of this video is nothing short of amazing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF99yYCE8wI

Another '60 Minutes', a few years later; then another, a decade after that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Drk3eVQSg

Xenu TV, around 2000:

(0.00-2:04 section of this video, in particular)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4595729596527335458

And here's an interview with L. Ron Hubbard, from 1968, where he explains that he had a first wife and a third wife, but didn't have a second wife:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_w-YWwC1lI

And lectures from 1968:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=177122&postcount=41

Alex: I still love you, despite that empty head:

a truth telling film about the abuses of $cilontology is not propaganda, its a truth telling film,

BTW: don't you profess 'whats true for you is true for you' & isn't it what you PAID for there...

so its true for this guy to expose the abuse/the con & the bullshit of the cult;
you'd think you might applaud him for being whats 'true for him' unless of course you get upset he's not PAID.....???

:happydance:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Like one showing the charitable works of Pol Pot?

Paul

:lol:

Can anyone else see the uncanny resemblance between David Gaiman and Tommy Davis?

... unbelievable ... there is that same 'stressed and caught in the headlights whilst talking total shite' look there ... apart from the obvious physical similarities ... :omg:

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron

Alex has a good point. You should be fair and balanced.

Alex has another good point. The Church will probably not give you the access you need to properly show what's happening in the Church. Plus, Church members are not supposed to say anything bad about Scientology to the press, which brings me back to Alex's first point:

Since Church members must only give positive information about Scientology, shouldn't that be called propaganda, too?

Another reason to try to get the positive side is that the reason we all got into Scientology was for the benefits we got or thought we got. So, if you don't show that, it just makes no sense what happened.

-mac

Fynn

Thank you

Thank you for all your comments.

Thank you for yours too Alex. You see I am documenting the group Anonymous. I therefore do not have a topic with two sides like one could with euthanasia for instance. Is anything two sided anyways?

It just so happens that by doing documentary that it will be anti-scientology. It is about Anonymous but that does not mean I will not show other voices. For instance I have an Interview with a religious studies lecturer. I have contacted Scientology Scotland by every means possible and no luck with the interview or even a statement! one can but try. I would of course want to provide Scientology's voice in this matter as well but we all know that the chance is slim to none. I knew that before hand but I wanted to give them the opportunity. Can't be fairer then that.

It is for this reason that I am on this site you see. If anyone can help my documentary so as not be so 'propaganda-ish' I would be grateful.

Thanks again,

Fynn

Fynn

The requirement of visiting Glasgow in person cuts down your interviewee pool considerably. Have you considered allowing telephone interviews and Skype interviews, the latter with or without webcam?

Paul

Oh, and that is a great idea Paul! Thank you. This is an option for anyone interested who is not in Glasgow.

Cheers,

Fynn

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you for all your comments.

Thank you for yours too Alex. You see I am documenting the group Anonymous. I therefore do not have a topic with two sides like one could with euthanasia for instance. Is anything two sided anyways?

It just so happens that by doing documentary that it will be anti-scientology. It is about Anonymous but that does not mean I will not show other voices. For instance I have an Interview with a religious studies lecturer. I have contacted Scientology Scotland by every means possible and no luck with the interview or even a statement! one can but try. I would of course want to provide Scientology's voice in this matter as well but we all know that the chance is slim to none. I knew that before hand but I wanted to give them the opportunity. Can't be fairer then that.

It is for this reason that I am on this site you see. If anyone can help my documentary so as not be so 'propaganda-ish' I would be grateful.

Thanks again,

Fynn

Thanks for your comments.

How would you portray a scientologist if they were to participate? "Couldnt be fairer"....but a scientologist certainly could anticipate that whatever they said would be put in a context that did not reflect their feelings and wishes.

FYI it is policy of the church not to participate in interviews. (for good reason)

But I think you do miss something when you show anonymous lulz, rage and ernestness, but fail to explore how otherwise intelligent people, scientologists, so stridently resist, and continue to hold their beliefs.

An aspect of anon to explore is how much of it is against the perceived abuses of the church vs how much is "anon" reaction to the not understood and seemingly bizarre beliefs of scientologists.

And also the decline in participation in the anon movement as the "lulz" wears thin, and the protesting takes on the aspect of serious business. Will anon morph into the members of the core of people who have protested scientology for decades? Will the anon culture dilute?

My son is a film student.... I wish you well, but think you are missing.....an overview that makes it more releveant.